“Quaint small boutique hotel in a good location”

Meridiano Sur, Petit Hotel
Ranked #62 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. It's a small boutique hotel with charm, good location in Providencia, clean, and great service. We were greeted by Frank upon arrival outside the hotel. He was very pleasant and helped us find information on restaurants and how to get to them by taxi, metro, or walking. I can't say enough about the service to include others like Erick and the ladies serving breakfast and cleaning the rooms. Kudos to the staff! Sometimes good service is hard to find in Chile based on my experience and living there for 2 1/2 years.

The breakfast is simple and appears to be vegetarian. It consists of breads, pastries, cereals, advacado, cheeses, coffee, and juice. I would suggest eggs and some deli meats for those of us non-vegetarian.

The rooms are small, clean, and the cleaning staff did an excellent job. They don't have refrigerators or micros. I would suggest adding refrigerators. They have the basics: TV, hair dryer, closet, strong box, and hangers. At times we heard others guests and staff outside our room, but at least later at night it was quiet for sleeping. I think we were fortunate to have good neighbors, especially late at night.

There are laptops in the common area along with a TV, music, and books. There are no printers hooked up to the laptops, but you can ask the reception area to print them for you. Bottled water is provided in the rooms and you can ask for more if you need. Also free wifi is available in the rooms. The reception is pretty good, but I lost connection a lot. At least it's functional and a half decent signal.

There are restaurants, the metro Manuel Montt, and stores in walking distance.

I would recommend the hotel for 1-3 nights.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Get a room off the main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gringo66
There are newer reviews for Meridiano Sur, Petit Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is truly wonderful and even deserves an "Above Excellent" rating. It's a small boutique hotel that offers personalised service to make sure their guests get the most out of Santiago. It's modern with a distinct Chilean feel, located in a nice quiet street close to the tube and is safe and secure. The breakfast was wonderful and always accompanied by a smile from the morning staff.

My single room was small but was clean and comfortable and had everything I needed. There was a large living area, a garden and a dining room where I could have gone if I felt a bit cramped but I never did.

But the best thing about this hotel was the staff - they are SO LOVELY!!! They always wanted to know how my day was and went above and beyond their duties with ideas and suggestions. They told me about places I hadn't read about and, after taking their advice, found fantastic, off-beat parts of Santiago I didn't know existed. They also helped me at meal times as I have celiac disease and travel with my own food, which they helped me cook.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and will always stay here on any future return to the beautiful city of Santiago.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank EvaMilan_Italy
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our stay at Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel was great. The staff was extremely cordial & helpful, the hotel itself was very nice & charming. Our room was very comfortable, we slept beautifully in cozy beds, the bathroom was modern & clean & had all the amenities (soaps, shampoos, hair dryer, towel warmer, etc). The hotel is in a very nice neighborhood, easy walking distance to the metro. We were able to park our car very safely right at the hotel. The entire staff was more than accommodating to all our needs (keeping breakfast open late for us, allowing us to use the nice dining area at our convenience in the evening, providing directions & making general area recommendations). Free wireless connection was good & there were also computers available in the lobby area. I highly recommend Meridiano Sur Petit Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here in the off-season. It was a really nice little hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, offering suggestions when we asked. The room we had was on the second floor. It was a small room, but the bed was nice, and the bathroom was good. So it was exactly what we would expect for what we paid. The design of the hotel was modern and artistic. The breakfast was good. One day, we got pancakes, but not the other days. We weren't sure if that was something that was supposed to be every day, or if it was just occasionally offered. The rest of the time, there were cereals, fruit, meats, breads and jam. The coffee wasn't very good, but not a huge deal.

The location of the hotel is great for getting to the metro. It was a 4 or 5 block walk to two different metro stations on the main line. We also walked to the metropolitan park, which was less than a mile away from the hotel as well.

The only complaint we had was that the housekeeper kept moving our things around the room. We had to search in drawers and in the closet to find where our things had been moved to. We had to make sure to search the entire room before leaving so we wouldn't forget anything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The service was fantastic. Felt more like a bed and breakfast where they welcomed you to their house. We were able to check in early. They helped us get taxis. And when I left my camera in the taxi they helped us track the guy down and retrieve it. Breakfast had a wonderful variety of food. Our only downside was noise so you might ask for a room that is not facing the street. If you want to feel at home in santiago this the place to stay.

Room Tip: Not on the roadside
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

A beautiful little hotel with exceptionally helpful staff lovely fresh food & very nice rooms. Nice to be away from big chain hotels for this truly personal experience . Thank you everyone at Meridiano Sur for your great Chilean hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a darling little boutique hotel with the most helpful staff I have ever run across. The room was exceptionally clean and renewed each day. The staff was very helpful in arranging tours and transportation to the coast for a cruise ship departure. I can't recommend this facility too high. A great experience and we will repeat.....

Room Tip: Choose the King Bed room, it is very private.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family