“Nice place but a bit far from the city and airport”

Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa
Ranked #41 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Stayed there overnight after a long flight from Sydney. Thankfully we were able to check in early, but I had requested two double beds and I was told that although Expedia had allowed that booking they didn't have any double rooms available. They were quick to offer a roll away bed at no extra cost. However, I had to ask two more times until they finally set it up. The room service was good value. A word of warning about booking a taxi to the airport through reception: they charge 40,000 pesos and if you contact Transvip directly you get a nice van for $25,000 pesos. Overall, a nice hotel but it is in the suburbs.

• Stayed: July 2012
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Sir:
First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments.
We always deliver and each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism and delivery of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that your next stay in your experience that much better.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

This property is very modern, sleek and somewhat new. One of my favorite items in the room was the comfortable chaise lounge from which I could view the mountains. The room was very comfortable with a climate control box, mini-bar refrigerator (without electronic sensors), iron and ironing board, safe, single-serve coffee maker, etc. Curiously, although our room had two beds, and there were two of us, we only received one of the following -- one robe (no slippers), one coffee mug, and on the second day of our stay, just one washcloth. When we asked housekeeping for a second washcloth at turndown, we were told that we would have to wait until the next morning since it was too late (it was around 8 p.m.). How is that too late to receive a washcloth at a full-service hotel? When I mentioned this at checkout, there was no apology from the front desk person or explanation. Our room was also lacking a "Do Not Disturb" sign.

We visited the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. On the first day, the staff ignored us. No one offered coffee or anything. The next day, there was a manager there, and he was outstanding. He made sure we had the hot decaf and tea we wanted, he offered french toast and omelettes from the kitchen, and periodically checked on us to make sure we were OK. This manager and the hotel's design are the reasons I have rated the hotel very good versus average.

The hotel is across the street from a shopping mall that includes a Jumbo hypermarket, pharmacy, apparel shops, etc. Left of the hotel, there is an office building with restaurants (Italian, Japanese and Johnny Rockets) and banks on the ground floor. Across the street, there is also a gas station that appears to have a convenience store (I did not go in). Beyond the businesses in the area, there are upscale residences behind the hotel. Please note that the hotel is not in downtown Santiago (so if you need to be in the middle of Santiago, this location may not be the best for you). It is in a safe, nice area where one can relax and do a little shopping.

My overall assessment is that the hotel is very nicely appointed and has an outstanding restaurant manager (the bell staff is also great), the hotel (housekeeping, front desk) has work to do on anticipating customer needs and addressing customer requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Sr:

First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weak, especially as you mention about the housekeeper service , which we think should have complied with your request, regardless of the time, please accept our apologies for this problem which I'm sure we will fix quickly.
We always deliver to each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism and delivery of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that on your next stay your experience even better.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here in June for 5 nights whilst on business, excellent service from everyone. My room was on floor 6 and was very nice and very comfortable.
Breakfast was superb with a very wide choice from the buffet and the restaurant manager very kindly offered me something from the kitchen also.
Very nice bar with very friendly staff, I ate in the restaurant a couple of times and was most impressed with the quality of food and service.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone looking for good quality and service.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RichardC631
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear Richard:
First of all, on behalf of all staff of Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, we always give each of our guests an excellent service where professionalism of the hotel staff to our guests is our daily motivation. We therefore hope that your next stay can be much better.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Centrally located right next to the shopping center and highway. Excellent underground parking. Good service. Decent gym and spa. I had a bit of trouble with noise - the airconditioning would elicit some loud bangs once in a while, which woke me up at night and I had to shut it off. I pointed out the problem to the concierge and he sent a technician, but they did not manage to fix it. Also, for some reason the cleaning staff parked their linen trolley next to the my door.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is not too close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Dear Sir, first of all I want to thank your comments about your recent stay at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, each of them are very important to us, especially the issue of air conditioning which will review and we will fix it.
Again I thank you and my apologies for not having solved the issue of noise at the right time.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed at the Radisson La Dehesa for a seminar and I enjoyed it a lot. Comfy beds, nice bathroom, pretty new, nice decor. The toiletteries werre not changed or replaced during our stay but we did not need them soi we did not bother tor equest any more. A shopping center is next door. I did not eat at the hotel so I cannot tell the quality of food, I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
EMONDACA, General Manager at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Sir,
First of all I want to thank your stay at Radisson Petra La Dehesa, and also thank you for your comments they are very important for us because its help to improve in service details.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Very good service / accommodation level and at half hour from down town Santiago it is an excellent choice for business and leisure.
I stayed along with my wife and a big business group on our way to a convention and they have managed well to deal with the upheaval 80-90 people cause when they travel move and dine in group.
The cleanliness of the room was very good and the styling is exquisite (especially for Chile). It is a good safe choice to take business acquaintances and clients for the first time as it is a very good standard.
I cannot recommend the restaurant as I did not try it, but judging by the breakfast it is safe if a little bit bland.
The hotel has a reasonable level of fitness equipment but note that the outside pool is quite cold and most swimmers will find it tricky early in the morning (I liked it a lot!)

Room Tip: Rooms looking at the back of the hotel have no views but are very quiet, but the WiFi signal is wwak...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
EMONDACA, Manager at Radisson Blu Santiago La Dehesa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear Sr.
First of all on behalf of all staff the Radisson Petra La Dehesa, I thank you for your comments, which will evaluate and we will make the changes needed to improve on those points where we are weakest.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Excellent service and location. I spend 3-4 weeks a year in Chile for work and have stayed here twice. Last year had a small business convention (18 people from 6 countries)using their facilities and received excellent service and catering. Its location directly across from a large shopping mall makes it even more attractive since it has restaurants, groceries, clothing and even a medical center. The food is a little pricey but most restaurants in the area of this type are. Great rooms, everything works, lots of space and very comfortable. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Request 3rd flooor or higher as they occasionally have noisy events that can last until midnight.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business