“Competent Hotel”

Le Reve Hotel Boutique
Ranked #3 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My wife and I disagree on the rating of this place. She would give it 5 stars; I give it 4. It's not as if there are any glaring flaws. It's just that the hotel didn't have anything to make it special in my mind.

It's in a very nice area. The staff did everything we asked of them. It's clean and quiet. The linens and towels are good quality, as are the toiletries. The breakfast offerings are tasty and generous. There is an expresso machine, so one gets good coffee. The garden is attractive.

On the other hand, the rooms are smaller than I expected. It was a stretch to say that our balcony looked out over the garden. The internet service was intermittent at times. It was a long metro ride into the historic district, although the metro stop was only 3 blocks away.I recognize that these are minor criticisms, but in addition the hotel didn't stand out for me in any way. It kinda left me cold.

Room Tip: A balcony is not really necessary since the public areas are quite pleasant.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 4 November 2013

What a lovely place to stay. We arrived very late and found a lovely guy on reception who told us all about the honesty bar and the midnight snacks available in the kitchen. Very much a place to feel at home. For me, the only thing to be not thrilled with is the breakfast. It seems mean somehow. The bits of bread and cheese and ham are cut small, almost as if they don't want you to have them. The cereal things a not full so you don't like to have too much of the oats, for example. It's strange because they are very generous with everything else, and all day long, as far as I can see. If breakfast was fixed, I'd give this place a 5 + .

Room Tip: Ours, 211 has a lovely patio outside, though by 6 pm, the sun has gone, yet it is still very hot and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camphillian
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We recently stayed here for four nights while we explored Santiago. Don't let the size fool you. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. The staff was professional and so kind. They arranged our airport transfer and our day tour to Valparaiso and were always there to help us in any way.

The rooms were smaller than most hotels, but it did not bother me really as we spent much of our time exploring the city anyways. The beds were comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good, they have a variety of pastries, breads, hams, cheeses, yogurt, and cereal. You can also help yourself to the kitchen for a late night snack or tea as well. They had cookies, nuts, fruit, and other goodies that were tasty.

We stayed on the third floor and had no trouble with the noise with the bars and restaurants down the street. The location was great. It was close to a lot of restaurants, shops, coffee shops, the metro, and the park.

Overall the hotel was great. What I liked most was that every time we returned from site seeing, shopping or dinner, upon entering the hotel I felt as if I was coming "home." It didn't have that big hotel feel where you walk in and there is some convention going on, people everywhere, you're waiting for an elevator, etc, but yet it did not feel like as if you're staying at a small B&B where it felt like it was someone's grandma's house. It was really comfortable.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

What a great hotel! Rubin (the manager) and the staff -- the entire staff -- couldn't have been more gracious and helpful, and they make the hotel a home...a really, really clean, quiet, handsome home, right down to the late night snacks in the kitchen and abundant breakfasts. I read some complaints in the reviews: so what if there's no restaurant; there are slews of bars and restaurants right outside the front door, and who eats in a hotel restaurant anyway? Noisy? That was definitely not our experience. The hotel staff even treated our son (an exchange student living in Santiago who was not staying in the hotel but who came by at least daily) like a paying guest. Our room had an expansive terrace and was really beautiful and comfortable. When I mentioned to Rubin at checkout that the pillows were a little too stuffed -- our only petty complaint -- he said they were replacing them with thinner ones and that he wished I had told him sooner. If you like smaller (30 rooms) hotels with great attention to detail and customer service, ones that you look forward to returning to at the end of the day, then look no further. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the rear of the hotel, they have terraces.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Tsullivan43
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed in many hotels across South America during our trip. This hotel was the last stop before flying home and possibly the best. More French than Chilean but a perfect boutique hotel. The service was superb and the rooms, along with the rest of the hotel is decorated perfectly in a great location near shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions if that's your thing. The staff were happy to arrange airport transfers (we were exhausted by this stage and just wanted everything taken care of), early check in, late check out, bag storage while we enjoyed a last day in the city and nothing was too much trouble. On our next stay in Santiago it will be our first call. Highly recommended. Thanks for the perfect end to our trip!

1  Thank Edwards0913
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the hotel for a long weekend and had a perfect experience : bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, very friendly and helpful people, small and cozy place, nice room, good breakfast, absolutely flawless and perfect experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steffen E
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is a great boutique hotel in a fabulous location just on the edge of the city, surrounded by great bars and restaurants and within walking distance of most tourist spots. The real treasure is the staff who are outstanding, particualrly at the front of house, who are firednly and go out of their way to be helpful

Room Tip: I had a room at the font and did not find the noise to be a problem
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business