“Stay here”
Review of Intiwasi Hotel

Intiwasi Hotel
Ranked #131 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This is an excellent hotel with friendly and helpful owners. Ideal location as close to town, restaurants, metro and you can easily get into the city and to Concha y Torro vineyard. Rooms are comfortable, breakfast provided, and owners provide taxi service to airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Moyra55
IntiWasiSantiago, Propietario at Intiwasi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying here! Your opinion is important to us. We will keep working to improve even more our services.

There are newer reviews for Intiwasi Hotel

Reviewed 18 November 2011

A very good hotel regarding to the people attention , location and price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this important comment. We are glad to know how rewarding was your experience at the Hotel.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

A nice hostel, very clean, comfortable, and located at one of most beautiful neighborhoods of Santiago. Both Rodrigo and Victoria helped us a lot with all our doubts about the city. In case we return to Chile, Intiwasi will be the preferred Hostel.
Andre Cunha / Isabela Bittencourt

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank cunha82

Dear Guests,

It has been a pleasure to welcome you at our hotel! Even though we have changed a little bit the concept, now focusing more on better services and improved spaces, the warm vibe still remain at Intiwasi. I'm sure now we can meet your expectations even better than before!

Thank you.

Reviewed 23 January 2011

Rodrigo was very helpful with planning before we even arrived - we had taken a bus from Mendoza and he had set up a pickup from the bus station (despite our not knowing which terminal we would arrive into!) Our room was fantastic - the largest we had in a 3 week stay in South America, and both Rodrigo and Victoria were fantastic in terms of conversation, tips on the city and day trips, transfers, restaurants, etc. We wished we had more time in their fantastic city and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alybyzrp

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your feedback! We aim to give a homey and personal attention to every guest, to help out about anything you may need to know about the city, country or activities. We are willing to welcome you back!

Thank you.

Reviewed 1 October 2010

We went down for my goddaughter's wedding in July and stayed for approximately 3 weeks. It was winter, which means there was no central heating and it was cool in the rooms but the bedding was sufficient to stay warm. The hostel was clean, homey, had kitchen for meal prep and wifi. The proprietors Rodrigio and Victoria were friendly, helpful, and responsive to our needs, questions, and requests. The facility was cleaned daily, linens exchanged regularly and they were constantly making improvements to the infrastructure. THe location of hte hostel is ideal just off Los Leones shopping district, block and half from the subway and an upscale older residencial neighborhood. Never had any qualms about going out at night, close to supermarket. Would I stay there again, "IN A HEART BEAT"

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
IntiWasiSantiago, Propietario at Intiwasi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Hello!

It has been a while since you wrote us, but I don't want to let the time go by anymore and thank for this encouraging comment which led us to improve our standard years ago. As it was our beginning, with many incoming issues to sort out, to know that you enjoyed your stay, overall positive is very important to us. We hope you come over again and see how things have positively changed. We are willing to see you again!

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I booked my stay for only two days but I finish staying one entire week. This place is really awesome and enjoyable, staff and owners are helpful and nice, they told me where to go and what to do in this vibrant city, it was the best Chile's welcome I could get!. The place is quiet with excellent vibe, the common area is equipped as well as the kitchen, the hostel was always tidy and clean. I stayed in a Single ensuite, big room, furnished, with Tv cable! the bed was large and comfy, best sleep ever, there was a big closet where I put my luggage safely. WiFi was fast and the breakfast was one of the best. I really liked the original native touch! Location is fantastic, so centric next to the Metro and all kind of shops, big stores and services, pretty and safe neighborhood.
I also met nice people here, I definitively recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank DerekHry

Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your so positive comment! Even though we are no longer a hostel, everything has been improved a lot and you will feel same way as you did back then! We hope you have settled well in Chile as you told us!

Thank you!

Reviewed 27 July 2010

1.- My travel was in winter and the room has no heating at all, when I asked for a heater the answer was "It`s not that cold".
2.- They offer free Wi-fi internet connection but when I asked for it, it wasn´t working. (only the first day)
3.- It was hard to open/close the bathroom door and the free space available inside was lowered by a big boiler.
4.- There was a tv-cable connection but not a TV.
5.- Inside the closet I found garbage (plastic bags) and a used spoon.
6.- One night, during my stay, I arrived about 4 o`clock in the morning, and there was nobody to open the door, and when I tried to call the phone number published in the web page, it didn´t work. I have to wait about 10 minutes with my fiancee in the cold.

Considering the rate (U$ 58,00.- per night), not cheap at all, I feel I paid too much for a very poor service. I have stayed in better places, cheaper than this one.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank felipeio
IntiWasiSantiago, Propietario at Intiwasi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2010

We do our best to deliver a complete and pleasant service at our hostel, but if guests don't tell us if something is wrong and they leave saying all was perfect (like now), what can i expect from this? Almost all our passengers leave delighted and I understand that somebody doesn't, but these critics are fully exaggerated, unreal and drastic and it doesn't deserve so bad calification. Defaming like this isn't understandable because you seemed very good here, without problems during your stay. And we do care about how guests feel at the Hostel. A calification like this is serious and I'll take the time to answer and clarify it.

1. It wasn't actually cold, but if you would have asked for a heater I'd have given it to you. I asked you right in the next morning if you were cold but you said no, in a very nice mood. So, I don't understand the problem.

2. We did have an issue with VTR provider that night but it was solved straight away. Why to blame the Hostel for that?

3. Due to the earthquake many doors and frames went bad, we are sorry about it but it's now absolutely solved. I don't see it like a reason to complain about, was it really drastic?.

Yes, we have a boiler but what you say is untrue, there's still good space to move and the boiler doesn't even bother. Sorry about it, but the Hostels are like this, perhaps if you look for a really big Bathroom without boilers, the Hotels have high and better options that may suit you.

4. If you check my emails I never offered a room with TV cable, so under my discretion there's no valid reason to complain for a not given service. Even though we have now TV cable in rooms, we always offer it on our emails.

5. We're sorry about the plastic bags in the closet, first and last time it happens, our maid does a great work but she can mistake sometimes. Feels bad that you never told us about it until this critic, that would has been the best, so we clean inmediately. But under any circumstance it was gargage/rubbish, only some shopping bags and a spoon left hidden.

6. Just one day ago (back then) we changed our telephone number, unfortunately our web page remained with the old number only for the night you saw it, was bad luck, we are sorry about it anyway. I wonder why you phoned instead of ringing the bell, as it rang, I opened the door for you, It's untrue that there was nobody to open the door, you draw a very drastic and exaggerated situation.

Our rates are really affordable for our location, in the best neighborhood of Providencia, not expensive at all if you compare with Aparts and Hotels around, we offer a great value rate / quality, even for a Hostel standard. Santiago Downtown or Brazil neighborhood offer lower prices, you might try over there.