“Trustable and friendly service”
Review of HecTour Service

HecTour Service
Ranked #18 of 293 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: I am Hector Medina, Chief Manager of HecTour and Specialist of Bilingual Tour, Transfer & Accommodation Services. My studies are based on business administration. I had the opportunity to improve my English studies in USA and my French at the Institute of French Alliance of Viña del Mar city. Upon returning to my land I realized that my vocation was on the tourist side. It is really what I love to do. Since 2004 I have formed a group of local tour guides and drivers very knowledgeable in the areas where we live. Our main concern is to provide a unique travel experience to each client by making them experiment, a bit of culture, food, landscapes of our country from an interesting perspective. As a "PRIVATE, PERSONALIZED & FLEXIBLE” service, our guests have the opportunity to know or visit what they are really interested in modern, clean and comfortable vehicles. We affirm you that we are totally responsible for your happiness and safety while you are in our care. Our role is critical in the satisfaction of your tour and/or in your business needs. We are passionate and well knowledgeable on every tour and information we provide.
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Trustable and friendly service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We, four of us, took 13-night South America cruise in March, 2014. We used HecTour Service on our day trip in Puerto Montt by tour guide Carlo and our day trip to Santiago from our cruise destiny Valparaiso by tour guide Marco. They both were doing very good job. Initially we were reluctant to take any private tour. But we wished to have some experience doing the tour without a large group of people at a fixed pace, considering the language barrier (very few local people speak English), limited time and inconvenient public transportation, with slightly better price compared to cruise excursion, we picked the highly rated HecTour Service. We were fortunate to have them and we had good time. Though Hector was not touring us himself, he was very responsible and responsive throughout. We highly appreciated his trustable and friendly service. I wish his business doing better and better.

1 Thank Glander C

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Guide!!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Hector was wonderful! He picked us up at the ship terminal and we had an excellent tour of Valparaiso, Vina del Mar, and Concon.
I only wish we had stayed another day so he could have shown us Santiago as well.
I HIGHLY recommend his services!

Visited April 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hector is awesome!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

There were 6 of us and this was our first trip to South America. We hired Hector to pick us up from the airport and drive us to our hotel, give us a tour of the city, take us on a winery tour the following day, and drive us to Valparaiso on the third day. Hector was punctual, professional, flexible, knowledgeable and enjoyable. He took us to an awesome, authentic Chilean restaurant. He pulled over and asked a woman if he could pick quince off of the tree in her yard because he had an suv full of americans who had never tasted quince. And he washed them before giving them to us! I told him that I like empanadas so he took us to the house of a woman who makes the best empanadas. We had a great time in Santiago thanks to Hector. He will be my first call when I go back.

1 Thank Tsmcoll
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Valpariso to Santiago airport with city tours”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We arrived in Valpariso early morning from a cruise. Flight from Santiago late evening. Didn't want to waste the day so booked Hector's service. Pick up was prompt. Tour guide was knowledgeable (Paula) and Rodriguez an excellent driver. They made us feel like royalty. Comprehensive tour of Vina del Mar, Valpariso (including street art), and a whirlwind tour of Santiago. Delivery to airport was perfect timing. Thank you.

1 Thank Wendy A
Minneapolis, MN
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Had an all day tour of Valparaiso, with a peek at Vina del Mar and a stop at Isla Negra. Very knowledgeable guide with all sorts of interesting observations and stories to tell. Since the guide was from Valparaiso, that portion of the tour was fantastic - he knew local people, and I felt like I was going way beyond a normal tour and actually getting to know the people of the city and the local culture. Had good food recommendations: I ate well, that's for sure. Guide has a good vehicle and drives safely. Is punctual and responsive with questions. At first I was concerned about the lack of a web site, but trusted the other reviews and went ahead and reserved. glad I did, this service is a gem. The price is about what I would expect for the level of service (11 hours total, 100% personal). One of the highlights of my trip to Chile.

1 Thank susanthehuman