“High Priced and Well Worth It”
Review of El Cid Restaurant

El Cid Restaurant
Ranked #620 of 4,835 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2012

If you're willing to splurge $80 for a single lunch, consider El Cid at the Sheraton in Santiago. Service nets an A+ and the buffet alone will make you want to come back for more. I had the most excellent Osso Bucco along with three glasses of Chilean wine. By the time I left I was in 7th Heaven. Walking giddily back to the Metro with a huge smile on my face. Kudos to Carlos and his team for making my lunch a memorable experience!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

It's funny but when I travel around the US I'm always prejudicial about hotel restaurants. I use them as a last resort. That said, it would be a BIG mistake to do that with El Cid. This place is just great as it is. The ambiance, service and specially food is fantastic. It's really an international type restaurant more than typical 'Chilean', although they do have some must-try dishes, such as the raw seafood platter or the cooked version (parrilla de mariscos). Just make sure you order the "American Sauce" (which I've never seen in the US) on the side, or loose it altogether.

Somebody told us they have a new Chef, a guy from Uruguay who worked in several parts of Asia and India, so my wife decided to try the chicken curry dish which was one of the best we've had anywhere. We'll be back for sure.

1  Thank RamXX
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I went to El Cid for my birthday, and the quality of service, food and everything was excellent.

We really enjoyed going there ... It's one of the best restaurants in Santiago!

Reviewed 28 December 2011

The menu has many great offerings. The service started off great and the Amuse Bouche was a nice touch. The service and attentiveness petered out quickly though.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

My friends had beef and lamb, amongst the best they've had. I had fish, also perfectly cooked. But the desserts were superb! I had tropical fruit salad with a medley of tropical fruit sorbets which was delicious but the presentation is what made it so special. Almost too beautiful to eat! Wonderful! Excellent service also.