“Best Location possible”

Ranked #28 of 467 Speciality Lodging in Santiago
Ottawa, Canada
“Best Location possible”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Amazing location, can walk everywhere downtown Santiago. Less then a 15 min walks for most museums, statues, parks, night life, and downtown historic center(s). Nice and clean place to stay, with great and accommodating staff. Well worth it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really enjoyed this hostel. It was central, close to Plaza de Armas, the fish marked, and Bellavista is in walking distance aswell. The staff was very friendly, and it seems like they have a lot of people of different nationalities in the reception. The breakfast was simple, but very cozy, they set the tables, so it felt like having breakfast with your family. Great TV room, with many sofas, perfect for relaxing. Very easy to get in contact with other travelers here! If I have to put my finger on one thing, the hostel was extremely cold, especially during the night. The bathroom facilities could have been better, there were only two female shower. That being said, I never had to wait in line to have a shower.

Room Tip: I think all the dorms are pretty much the same.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Regina is a great place to stay. I stayed here 2 separate times. The staff are friendly; the place is clean; showers are hot. Several restaurants and cool bars are nearby. The rooftop terrace is great, but it closes early (like 12 or 1) and is sometimes filled with restaurant eaters. They do provide breakfast between 8-10 and it consists of coffee and a pastry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Iquique, Chile
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've visited a couple of hostel across the country and I have to say that this is the first one in givin' me all that I was looking for, which is resting, some fun, calm at night, cleanliness, an excellent service and a great space to meet a lot of people from different cultures, all willing to have a nice time!... Lita and Maria are the most priceless wealth of the Hostel. You have to meet them... Thanks people for making my trip a lot more interesting than It should have been.

Room Tip: Any room with a nice and quiet company! ;)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 night and loves my stay! The hostel is in a great location, walking distance from loads of attractions and metro stations. The breakfast is good and kitchen is really well equipped and spacious. The dorms were great. Really big and the bunk beds were huge! Plus there were large lockers so you could keep you stuff safe. Wifi wasn't amazing as it didn't work in the dorm. The TV room is also a good addition if you want to chill and watch tv. Would deffo stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for a few days in March 2014. I received an email prior to my arrival advising me of the activities the hostel had arranged during my stay which is something that's never happened and was a nice touch. This hostel has an excellent location. Very close to touristy things and to the hop on hop off bus. Restaurants, grocery store close by too. The staff were very pleasant, helpful and engaging. They responded to my questions and if didn't have an answer, made sure they got one which was appreciated. Beyond that, they were very engaging and inviting me to participate in hostel activities.
I didn't eat the breakfast there as it was very basic. The wifi was excellent. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable.
Downside is security. I was in a double room but the balcony door did not lock and the balcony was shared with a dorm room that left their door open a lot during the day. I'm a little sad to see a review from October 2013 that mentions this same issue and the owner response is that he personally took care of the traveller's concerns when clearly he did not.
Also, someone entered my room with a key at 4:30 in the morning. I happened to be up at the time because I was getting ready for an early flight and the man saw me and left. Long story short, when I brought it to the man at the desk's attention, he told me it was him and he'd made a mistake thinking that the room was empty. This was clearly not true because, like I mentioned, I was awake and got a good look at the guy (1 had facial hair and the other did not). I brought to the owner's attention and was assured that an investigation took place and changes made to address my concern.
I would recommend this hostel; however, security is an issue like most hostels and take your own precautions.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tracey F
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I think Santiago backpackers is the best hostel in the city , positioned in the center of santiago close to all the main attractions nice and warm staff and very good beds , we ask them many questions and tips about the city and they always give us the information. Also a well equipment kitchen in the place!!

Stayed March 2014