“Definitely a MUST when you arrive!”

Free Walking Tour of Santiago
Ranked #1 of 304 Tours in Santiago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: TourDesk is an online travel agency focused on promoting and selling great quality tour and activities. Our tours are organized in small groups so the tourists can enjoy a personalized service from their guides and drivers, who are also focused on providing memorable experiences. We work closely with small boutique operators whose sole goal is to always improve and create unique experiences
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my walking tour with Antonio! He was such a funny and great guy! He even helped me with a contact for some research I'm working! Definitely knowledgeable and personable! We started in one of the most important plazas of Santiago, Plaza de Los Armas, and continued on our journey. I loved learning about a lot of important buildings as well as little buildings and places we should visit. The only problem is I went on my last day of my trip. It should have been my first stop! We didn't have enough time to stop at all the places because it's more of a Reader's Digest version. Definitely do the free walking tour, with a suggested donation of 5000 CLP. Not bad for a wonderful intro to Santiago!

2  Thank texansmartie33
Write a ReviewReviews (2,401)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I did the tour on my next-to-last day in Santiago, which was a mistake. Our guide, Antonio, did a great job of leading us through the city, and he showed us a lot of things we hadn't already come across, leaving me wanting to have more time to visit more thoroughly. There was a stop half way through, at a nice little restaurant offering special tour pricing on snacks. Highly recommended for your first day in town.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Franco, our guide was very informative and told us a lot of local history.
I would recommend this tour for everyone that likes walking.
Very easy to find and well worth the donation.
Do it.

2  Thank johnmF6580MS
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

We had Felipe and he provided the tour group with lots of information about the city's history in an energetic and passionate way. The tour is free but they do ask for tips, for which I was happy to oblige given how informative it was.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After having a marvellous experience in Buenos Aires with one of these kinds of tours we gave this tour a go in Santiago. Santiago may not have the same charm as BA, and the tour did not really help us fall in love with the city. The day was grey, the guide seemed to be apothetic with the tour, and no one ever really developed a positive energy for the tour. Perhaps a good way to get your bearings but not recommended

1  Thank ctintheea4