“Great tour, excellent guide”

Itours, Santiago Wine Tour, Vina del Mar & Valparaiso
Ranked #30 of 117 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: Personalized tours in Santiago, Valparaíso, Viña del Mar and the Andes Mountains.Wine tours with tasting in Maipo Valley, Colchagua Valley, Casablanca Valley and Aconcagua Valley.
Reviewed 21 December 2012

We did the winery, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso tour. Our guide Juan (and his son Joaquin) spoke excellent English, were very nice and flexible with our group. We had a great tour of the Organic winery Emiliana, a tasting of 4 wines, lunch in Vina, visit to "La Sebastiana" - Pablo Neruda's house in Valparaiso (very nice, worth a visit), beautiful views of the coast, and of both towns. We were picked up at 9am and dropped off at 8:30pm, so it was a great value for our money. We would highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting to combine a winery and coast visit in one day.

3  Thank Deb G
There are newer reviews for Itours, Santiago Wine Tour, Vina del Mar & Valparaiso

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I really enyoyed the tour to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. We were with onl 5 persons in the group (a couple and 3 individuals) and the whole trip was very relaxed, in particular if compared with the typical bus tours.
Our first stop was a very nice winery where we got a 20 minutes explaination in the vineyards. this was followed by a tasting of 4 different wines.
Our next stop was in Casablanca where we visited a family in their house. we got a typical local dish and a glass of wine.
Then, we visited Vina Del Mar, mainly by driving through the city. In Valparaiso, we had the occasion to lunch in an excellent restaurant with view over the ocean (not included in the price). This was followed by probably more than 2.5 hours of visiting different parts of the city by car and by walking. the small allowed to drive through very steep and small streets. Really beauteful.
We were back in Santiabo some 10 hours after leaving the city. Really an excellent tour with good value for money.

5  Thank PeterW37
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was in Santiago for two days by myself and opted to take two private tours. Although not inexpensive, they were worth the experience. My tour guide's name was Juan and he was EXCELLENT, I'd recommend requesting him. He was very knowledgeable, spoke English well and is a lovely man.

I did a 3 hour city tour with him and felt as though I got a good sense of the city. If I asked a question he was quick to answer and also tailor the tour to show me what I was interested in.

The next day I did a full day tour to Valparaiso and Vina del Mar. I'm not much of drinker so I opted out of visiting the winery, so again Juan took me to places I was interested in, it was nice to see the coast.

I also want to commend Melissa in the iTours office, she communicated with me via email whilst I was still in Australia to organize everything before I arrived. Despite some confusion on my end, she still managed to ensure everything ran smoothly.

3  Thank bjspa
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Some of my friends had booked a day to Valparaiso/Vina del Mar and another day to tour wineries. But I was short on time, so decided to see both in one day with this tour. The tour was more expensive than some others, but it was worth it for me. I was able to see several things in one day, and I got to go with a smaller group instead of on a huge tour bus.

Actually, the number of people on the tour was almost a problem. I booked the tour a couple of weeks in advance, but no one else booked it until the night before. It was almost canceled, which was stressful. I had to wait until the last minute to see if the tour would happen. This may have been because it was low season. If no one else had signed up, Itours promised to put me on a tour with another company.

The guide was very nice, although he didn't give us quite as much information about the country and culture as I thought he might. We spent most of the day driving, but it wasn't bad. We had a private tour at Emiliana vineyard, which was really nice and so beautiful. We got to see alpacas, sheep, and chickens there. The guide even took me to a separate (non-tourist) area to see a new baby alpaca!

We also saw the Easter Island statue and the ocean and sea lions at Vina del Mar, plus a scenic stop-off or two along the way. The beach was beautiful, and the guide allowed us plenty of time to take pictures and look out at the water. Throughout the day, he was very accommodating to what we wanted to do. This is why I like a smaller tour group like this.

We ate at a restaurant in Vina del Mar which was fine. I was worried that we were going to eat at the castle, the tourist trap where most of the Vina/Valparaiso tours go. But we didn't. This place was decently priced (although most restaurants in Chile are more expensive than in the US).

We then drove to and around Valparaiso. At first, the town didn't seem like anything special, but then we started seeing the beautiful houses and other buildings that make it famous. We got out once or twice, but I would have liked to look around more. The tour was timed so that we would be in Valparaiso in the evening, when the sun makes all the buildings glow golden. It was beautiful!

After all that driving we were ready to head home to Santiago. I enjoyed the tour, and would recommend it if you don't mind paying a little more to see a lot in one day.

3  Thank carrie62
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Excelent Trip to the vinedos, Viña Del Mar, Valparaiso! Great team! Looking forward coming back to Chile

1  Thank SimoneOliveira77