“A relaxing stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport
Ranked #50 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice hotel close to Santiago Airport (7 minutes from time shuttle left hotel to Airport curb). Hotel is in the middle of an light industrial park, but so is the Airport so if you want amenities of other restaurants and things to do, you will need to go to downtown Santiago.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Natalia U, Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for preferring Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.We appreciate your comments and suggestions, since they help us to improve our service and make your stay wonderful experience.We are looking forward to hosting you again soon in our Hotel.
Executive Assistant

Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Santiago Airport Hilton Garden Inn is a new modern facility. To reach it from the airport you have to book a free ticket from the Vip transport desk at exit gate 4. Then you take a small buss (with other pasengers going to other destinations). Luckily the first stop is for passengers goin to the hotel.
The reception desk is very small and attended by one or two staff members. It takes some time, as passengers usually come together in small groups. Desk staff is not very efficient. Make sure to get your passport back. One morning they just forgot to make the wake upo call!
Rooms are nice, clean and well equipped. The HGI shop at the reception is always open, but not always furnished with all items. If you arrive late in the evening, you'll probably not find mucho more than ice cream and biscuits.
Contrary to many Hilton hotels worldwide, this one is providing free wifi.
Overall the facility is nice, service can be improved for the price they're charging.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Spent 1 night, June 18, between arriving in Santiago and flying to the south. Room as comfortable, wifi a problem, but call to tech support fixed it. The bathroom uncomfortable, cold floor & air. Shower only, no tub; low water pressure; inefficient shower head, had to use handheld which was cumbersome; ordered dinner to take up to my room- a salad,,sat while it took 30 minutes..., Hostess not very professional, dressed very casual/messy.
Front desk clerk helpful, friendly spoke English well. Smiles are not readily offered by all the staff.(are they underpaid, mistreated or don't care about guests?) It is not aesthetically located... it is in the middle of industrial area that is being developed... not a place for a walk. I will NOT be returning. Will try the airport Holiday Inn next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank greeleyteri
Natalia U, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport and thank you for the information provided.

I would like to inform that your comments were brought to the attention and discussed with the entire Team in order to help us to be a better Hotel.

We will consider your comments and I would like to invite you to visit us again and contact me directly as we are committed to do our best to keep our Hilton Garden Inn Promise to make your stay with us the most comfortable you have ever had and to give you and all of our guests a service with excellence.

We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in your next stay at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport. We realize that every guest has a choice when traveling so we thank you for making Hilton family of hotels your choice

If I can do something else for you, do not hesitate to contact me,I will be more than glad to assist you

Kind regards

Cynthia Cisterna
Front Office Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport
cynthia.cisterna@hilton.com

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We needed to catch a quick lunch before taking the flight to Calama. My wife had stayed at the hotel recently on another trip ( we are Chile residents and make frequent trips from Santiago ). We told the waitress that we wanted to order the quickest lunch meal to prepare because we needed to catch a flight in about 90 minutes. She suggested a hamburger that we ordered. We received very little attention after that even though the large dining area was almost empty when we arrived ( two other tables ). After 20 minutes with no food, we waived over the hostess and complained about the time it was taking. She brought over the manager. He went back to the kitchen. After 5 more minutes of waiting, we left to check in for airport security and our flight. We made the flight but had our meal at the airport terminal restaurant (where our meal was delicious and delivered to us in ~8 minutes ).

Room Tip: no suggestion for a room but avoid the restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ken P
Natalia U, Food & Beverage Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Guest

First of all we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for taking your time to evaluate our services, to us is very important to have your comments and suggestions.
I’ve talked with the head chef about this inconvenience with the cooking time and he is working with all the cooks to improve the service.
I would like to invite to a complimentary dinner so you can come again to give us a second opportunity to demonstrate that our menu is excellent and the waiting time has improve.
We promise to do everything possible to ensure you have the most satisfying experience in our hotel

Next time do not hesitate to contact me , will be my pleasure to talk to you.

Rodrigo Soto
Food & Beverage Manager
Hilton Garden inn
rodrigo.soto@hilton.com
+56229641026

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed here with my family from the US and you would think that a Hilton would be one of the top hotels. However, we were a bit disappointed.

The first night we arrived, I just wanted to take a bath. I have lived here for 5 months in a house with no bathtub so I longed to just soak in one. While I let the water run for about 10 minutes, the bathtub had not even begun to fill. I checked the stopper and it was broken, so we called the front desk and asked it to be replaced. Since it was so late, they said they couldn't fix it until tomorrow, which was understandable. We mentioned that if it was unrepairable, we'd like to be switched to another room. Of course, they did not fix the tub nor did they change our rooms. Since we were only there two nights, we decided not even to bother bringing it up again.

The next day we were out and about in Santiago. We had taken a taxi service they provided for us and got dropped off at the bottom of San Cristobal Hill. The service costed 15.000 pesos, which we were told was a lot less expensive than taking a regular taxi (later we found out that was false). When we returned to the hotel that evening, we decided to get some drinks at the bar. Not knowing any Spanish, my parents had to have an English speaker translate for them to the bartender, who didn't speak English. The service was okay, but it was rather difficult to get anyone's attention. Being the only people at the bar, you wouldn't think this would be the case.

We ordered some food and asked for it to be sent up to our room. The only thing we ordered were chicken wings, which we didn't think would take very long. Wrong! Close to an hour later, they were finally brought to the room. I ate two and they were horrid. I have never tasted such nasty chicken wings in my life. I'm not sure what they breaded them with, but I didn't like them at all. I tried to dip them in a white sauce that came with them, but the sauce tasted like water and was extremely runny. So be sure NOT to order the chicken wings!

That night my mother had called the front desk to get some washcloths. We had only one in our room and that was not enough for three people. 30 minutes later and still not washcloths, she called again. Nothing. Thinking maybe third time's the charm, my mother ringed again, this being close to an hour-in-a-half after the first attempt. The concierge told her that housekeeping had assured her they'd bring some up. Thankfully they FINALLY brought them after the third call, but we were not very happy.

Before we went to our room that night, we had told the girl at the front desk that I had a flight the next day and needed to arrange for the shuttle to take me to the airport. She asked what time, because the shuttle runs every 30 minutes, so I told her 11:30am. Well the next morning we went downstairs and arrived in the lobby at 11:27am, according to my phone. We asked the same girl about the shuttle and she said, "The one at 12:30?" I said no, the one at 11:30. She then told me that it had already left. Good thing I planned on being extremely early to the airport and could spare the extra 30 minutes, but just a warning: the clock in the lobby is fast, probably by 10 minutes or so. Therefore, when planning things, BE EARLY.

Another problem we ran into was the location. Though this hotel is right next to the airport, it is EXTREMELY difficult to get to. We ended up taking a taxi back from the Plaza de Armas (which only costed us 12.000 pesos - less than the hotel's shuttle service). The taxi driver had lived in Santiago for 36 years and he couldn't figure out how to get to the hotel. The roads wind all around the area and there are no signs telling you how to get to the Hilton until you're on the correct road. We drove around for 30 minutes or so and attempted to enter the hotel several times, only to find out we were going the wrong way. We literally had him stop on the entry-way to one of the main roads where we found a break in a barbwire fence that we went through and walked back to the hotel. Thank goodness it wasn't raining! The location seems convenient because it's near the hotel but if you expect to drive anywhere or get a taxi that's not with the hotel, get clear directions. Also, expect to hear the airplanes flying over.

Despite the somewhat bad experiences here, the rooms were nice and very clean. However, although the beds have an adjuster to make them harder or softer, I had mine set on the softest setting possible and it was still highly hard. I wasn't impressed by the comfort of it at all, along with the service we received. If you're going to spend this amount of money for a hotel, I recommend going somewhere else.

PS) My parents are Hilton Honors members.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Kat C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Inn Garden Inn prior to a morning flight to Argentina. It is a modern, standard business hotel. Personnel is extremely friendly and effective. Check-in and check-out were swift and no problem. The room is nice and wifi works fine. The restaurant's menu is a bit limited but items served are very good and service impeccable. All in all a very pleasant experience for a seasoned business travel. The free shuttle to the airport leaves every half hour and gets there in 10 minutes. Going to the center can take quite a while (depending on traffic) and will cost you some 40 usd - not a base for Santiago tourism.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank saltacity
Natalia U, Assistant at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport Staff we thank you for choosing this hotel and for sharing your experience in Trip Advisor.
Our main purpose is to exceed each of our clients’ expectations and we are very pleased to learn when we achieve it.
. We do hope to welcome you again as a guest at Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport during your next visit at Santiago City

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had 2 nights in Santiago, flying in late evening, then staying for a day, and flying out early next morning. We chose the Hilton Garden Inn due to its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle they offer. It turned out to be a perfect choice:
- Shuttle from and to the airport without hazzle
- Restaurant opened till late (11pm), so could have dinner even after our late arrival
- tasty food, ate their on both evenings at competitive prices
- Very nice & tidy spa area (pool, jacuzzi,,sauna separate for men / women, gym), all in excellent shape
- Very comfortable fixed-price transfer to Santiago downtown (Plaza de Armas) and pick-up from there with hotel's own driver & van, which could be charged to the room (so no worries about local taxi nightmare stories)
We saw a lot of airline crews staying at the hotel, which is usually a good sign - and yes, rooms & service left nothing to wish for.
I would always return for a stopover arrangement.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.

We appreciate your time to answer this survey and evaluate our services, for us is very important comments and suggestions.
Our goal is to satisfy each individual expectations of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Hilton Garden Inn Santiago Airport.

Best Regards