“Very nice ambience”

Lastarria Boutique Hotel
Ranked #17 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
“Very nice ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our room was nothing special, except for the bathroom in which the shower curtains were too short and not wide enough so that the whole floor was flooded whenever we showered.
The breakfast room and the garden around the pool are really lovely: a place were you actually enjoy spending time and escaping the absurd summer heat.
Breakfast was really good, with a lot of variety from one day to the next.
The restaurant was not so good: my husband cannot eat garlic and onions and there was NOTHING on the menu (or which could be prepared on an improvisedd basis) for him.
Staff was nice, but most didn't speak English very well.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are on ground level! So, if you mind that, only book rooms from the second floor u...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed there two nights with my husband and it was amazing...

Great rooms, incredible services and delicious breakfast! Perfectly located as well... You really feel special there, the staff answered all our questions, the rooms where beautiful and very comfy... 100% recommended!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a nice boutique hotel. I think I had the smallest room in the hotel - the bed nearly took up the entire room. But, the room itself and the bathroom were nice. However, at $189 it was quite pricey for what you got. If Trip Advisor offered a 3.5 star rating I would bump by score up by .5. Service was alright, but not fantastic for the price. I agree that the pool needs to be cleaned up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Just checked out of Hotel Lastarria and as always checked out the comments from fellow travellers. As a Londoner and very much part of the hospitality industry business myself we always have a good laugh at North Americans and New Yorkers especially who constantly complain about room sizes. What on earth is it that they want to do in these hotel rooms? While on holiday? Play baseball? American Football? Or perhaps another ball game no one else in the world plays. Who knows.
For the record we had two rooms on our stay. First room 9 (on the 1st floor) then room 4 (on the 2nd floor). The second room was marginally larger than the first but BOTH were adequate. And if you're wondering why the room switch? The hotel was full and we had previously agreed with the management to a room move.
Small inner city hotels rarely have pools. But there was the added bonus of a pool sadly under used by other guests. I agree with comments from others regarding the fact that "more could be made of this pool area". But I was just glad to get a pool at all for my money.
This hotel is very well placed. Santiago is no picture postcard destination. Too many unregulated poorly designed high rise blocks for my liking. But Hotel Lastarria gave the impression of being in a bohemian back water, although it was really in the heart of the city. Close to all districts especially the buzzy bar filled night time district of Bellavista. Walking distance too from the Central Mercado fish market with its lunchtime pop up restaurant scene.
High tea was served free of charge every day in he hotel breakfast area between 4.30-6.00pm. Sandwiches, fruit, cakes and coffee. If you timed it right getting to the hotel after your day out it was a welcome free snack before going out to the late night bars which only get going at 10pm onwards.
All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are actually bigger than 8 and 9.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark j
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My stay at Lastarrias was very pleasant. The people went out of their way to make the stay comfortable. Although my room was small (room no. 8), and I would not recommend booking that for two people, it had all the comforts I needed as a solo traveller. Breakfast was good, fresh fruit and choice of eggs every day as well as cereals, oats and yoghurts. One of the good things as the wifi, which had a very good and fast signal (something you do not find everyone).

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great Location and we had a good room but the pool area needed a bit of an update (See Home BA of what you could do with a pool). Breakfast was "ok" but given what Santiago has to offer this didnt really do it for us.
- Expensive for what you get in terms of service

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I like this small hotel in Santiago Chile. It is so beautiful and luxurious. You will feel like you enter another world. The only problem and the reason that it didn't get the 5 stars from me was my room. It was so small that after 5 minutes there I had a panic attack and I'm not kidding. I have phobia to enclose places and the room felt like a closet with a huge bed. Why don't u guys put a smaller bed in that room so that the person can move around and don't get a panic attack! I know that it is my fault for not choosing a bigger room since the hotel got in touch with me before I got there to warn me of the size of the room. But I had been in small room before but since they had a small bed I never felt losing my breath for not being able to move around. The bathroom was my only escape since it has a more open space. DO NOT STAY IN THE SMALL ROOM IF YOU HAVE PHOBIA TO ENCLOSE PLACES! I checked the other rooms since the staff was so friendly and I understood my problem and let me look at the other rooms. they are bigger and YOU HAVE more room to move around. It was too bad that when I got there the hotel was full to capacity, I solved my problem by staying away from the room since they have a beautiful courtyard in the back of the hotel with a swimming pool. I love the treats that you get during tea hours, it is also to walking distance to the nightlife and as you know with my phobia of the room I stayed out almost all night and got back too tired to just jump in that huge comfortable bed. It is also to walking distance to all the touristS area and that was a great plus since I only was in Santiago for two days. It is a very elegant quite relax hotel so don't let my review of the room to walk away from this hotel just make sure that you book any other room and you will be okay. Use the service transfer to the airport I find it cheap about $40 and the guy who take you to the airport is very friendly:) I found a good restaurant and the end of the street where there is a lot of bars and restaurant. When u leave the hotel walk to the bridge like a 5 minutes walk to Bella Vista neighborhood. when you past the bridge you will go past many bars and restaurant. and at the end of the street there is a famous park that you can see the city when you get there turn left and the restaurant is right there. It is a chilean restaurant and has a Pablo Neruda theme. The food is excellent. Too bad I cant remember the name.

Room Tip: DO not stay in the small room if you have phobia to enclose places
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo