“Good apartment, safe, great location and host, Fernando is especially helpful.”

Museo De Artes Apartments
Ranked #116 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
Somerville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had just one day in Santiago and shared a split level loft apartment with 3 others.
The apartment had enough space for us all. It was clean. Fernando had some suggestions on walks in the area........but best of all he sorted out a cancelled flight that had not been re-confirmed. (The original airline had no record of our booking, but they'd transferred us to another airline).

The building is secure, with security and a front desk open all night. They will book early taxis for the airport.

We booked on booking.com and would recommend it to any English speakers with poor Spanish speaking skills......and it was good value too. Supermarkets are nearby, so we were able to by basic breakfast foods. We had free Wi-Fi. No meal options were available.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be lofts, and are open plan. Double bed and bathroom upstairs. Need to walk pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Colin D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The apartament was clean, close to the subway, with a nice kitchen, bedrrom and bathroom. I have nothing to complain! Very good considering the price we paid! I would stay there again if I come back to Santiago.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PatriciaIezzi
East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

There are many apartments to rent in this large apartment complex and we booked ours through Booking.com

Excellent location in the centre near the metro and supermarket around the corner in the Lastarria barrio.Lots of really good restaurants and cafes. It had a comfortable bed, tv and wi-fi. The apartment was cleaned every day with fresh towels and sheets every few days. Nice, safe complex. We loved Santiago and stayed 11 nights over Christmas.

Downside: We did not have any replies to any of the emails we sent after we arrived. The owner/manager turned out not to speak English and we don't have much Spanish. It would have been useful to have an information book in the apartment about the building facilities, like where the laundry, pool and gym were. A chopping board and a grater in the kitchen would have been useful as there was nothing to prepare food on.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The apart-hotel is located in central Santiago, within walking distance to most major attractions and areas. It's in a safe building and is easily accessible from the 2 streets (Huerfanos and Merced) with security and a buzz gate 24/7 on one side (Merced) and a front desk with security at night on the other (Huerfanos, this is the street the cab or shuttle will drop you off at). There are 4 buildings (A-D) that make up the condos which are a mixture of appartments and 2 level 'lofts' which we stayed in. You check in at the front desk if the office is closed and then again when the office is open. We dealt with Leslie all week and she is very friendly and helpful. She speaks perfect English and gave exceptional customer service. She is very knowledgable how to get everywhere in the city and also what to see and do. She can also set up transportation and reservations for you and goes the extra mile to do so. Front desk staff and security don't really speak much English so if you're arriving when the office is closed, I'd practise a few phrases to get your key with ease and no confusion. Actually most people in the city don't speak English so I would brush up on travel phrases.

Location is FANTASTIC! The Main Street you will be using to get everywhere will be Merced, which is the entrance with a buzz gate. There is a supermarket beside the building on this side. If you go left you will get to Plaza de Armas about a 10-15 min walk. If you keep going past the Plaza you'll end up in a charming area called Barrios Brazil (10-15 away from the plaza). Go right and you'll go towards the Castle (amazing views, but lots of stairs) as well as a number of streets that have cafes, bars, and is also the way to get to the Santa Lucia metro station and Bella Vista (if you don't mind the 15-20 min walk). Past Bella Vista you'll eventually end up at Cerro San Cristobal. Around the corner from there is Pablo Nerruda's House. There are buses and metros to get to all these places, but we don't mind the walking as found it lets you explore the city in depth. We discovered so much and were able to do more walking than if we too public transport. We did take the metro to a large bus terminal (by Universite de Santiago) to see prices for tour buses to Valparaiso and Argentina. Very easy to use and costs 670p (~$1.50) each one way. The office provides you a small map, which is really all you need unless traveling far outside the core.

My boyfriend and I walked to Bella Vista a number of nights, leaving the condo around 10pm-12am and returning around 2-4am. The area may look weird at night due to the lack of people, graffiti, and mostly everything in proximity being closed but we did not feel in danger at anytime. Security mans both entrances at all times. The city seems to have heavy graffiti culture but don't let this fool you, just use common sense as you would anywhere else. If you do walk to Bella Vista at night don't walk through the park, it's not terrible just not recommended. Use the streets beside it. If you cab it it'll be around 4000p ($8)

We stayed in loft 705 in building C. My only major complaint was housekeeping. While they came everyday except Sunday, the days housekeeping cleaned it looked like nothing was done. The floors were in need of proper sweeping and mopping and sometimes the counter in the kitchen wasn't wiped down. It wasn't terribly gross but it's the fact I could tell it wasn't done, which in turn makes you wonder about the place as a whole. The bathroom was usually cleaned and the towels were laundered and changed daily but they are old and a bit tattered. The hose to the removable shower head was leaking so there was no pressure but lots of hot water. If there were dirty dishes housekeeping would take care of those, although I usually cleaned up after myself. The wifi could be slow at times and the air con didn't work but if you opened the window that would suffice.

Santiago is a beautiful and safe city with lots of history in every corner. This was our 14th country and our first non-all inclusive trip and we left on a very positive note. It was a more expensive trip than anticipated, and expect a more cosmopolitan atmosphere. There is so much to see and do in the country and city, so do plan properly to see it all. There are so many hidden gems for food, wine, cafés and museums and galleries are everywhere. Come with an open mind, a bit of Spanish, expectations of adventure and you'll have a great time! Happy travels!

• Stayed October 2013
13 Thank moonzchinadoll
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We booked this apartment through a booking site adding a special request that as our flight was arriving at 4.00am could we have an early checkin or leave our luggage. I then emailed the apartment owners themselves repeating the question. I received no reply to this email. After taking what seemed like hours to get through immigration and customs we arrived at the hotel about 5.30am. We showed the doorman our booking and he handed us an envelope with keys in it and told us to come down and check-in in the morning. We went to our room in Tower C, which was a loft (not what we had booked) and went to bed.

About three hours later the cleaner wants to clean the room. We tell her no need. A little while later the door bell rings and we are confronted with the supposed owner and manager.

Apparently we're in the wrong room and he demanded we pay for that night as we had checked in early. We tried to pay half price as it was 5.30am when we arrived. Voices were raised between my husband and this arrogant man. As we were talking to him he just turned his back on us and began to walk away stating he would just charge our credit card what he liked, so my husband tapped him on the shoulder. He immediately turned and told him to remove his hands from his person or he would call the police and walked off.

I decided I would go and try to sort this matter out. In my previous occupation I was Client Relations Executive to a large hotel chain. It was my job to sort things amicably TO THE GUESTS SATISFACTION (both corporate and general).

I went to their office to explain that we had just come off a plane, with only a couple of hours sleep. He then proceeded to abuse me and tell me my husband tried to punch him in the face. This is a blatant lie as I was present when everything happened. I explained that it wasn't our fault we were in the wrong room nor the doormans as there was no name on the envelope containing the keys. He then stated 'lady i do not know what you had on the plane but obviously it has affected You' I asked him why he hadn't replied to me email and his answer was 'I don't have to I am the boss'.

I also explained that we were already paying the full rate for our last night even though we were leaving at 5.00 pm to fly home and he could easily turn the room around and resell it at a profit.

I eventually gave up, agreed to pay the full rate (even though the room was obviously vacant) and asked what room we had and when we could move and he said we could stay where we were and pay the extra money per night. I said that wasn't satisfactory as it wasn't what was our CONFIRMED booking. I was then told to pack our bags and go - he had cancelled our booking. As I left he closed the door and told me to [--] O##

The whole time I was talking to him the woman owner was talking over me in Spanish.

I am 64 years of age , non violent and with the patience of a saint, but this man was such a rude, arrogant pig (sorry that is the only polite word I can come up with and it is doing the pig an injustice) that I wished I could punch him myself. We then had the added stress of finding alternative accommodation for our time in Santiago.

We have been travelling for 6 months and after coming from super friendly Ecuador and Peru this was not what I expected when arriving in Chile.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
31 Thank 42Carol
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Overall really liked this place. Everything was new and modern. Had a kitchen and small dining area which was nice. I actually really liked having the duplex - made the place feel like a home.

The staff was really friendly and they provide luggage storage if you need to leave your things before or after checkout.

There is a roof top pool (enclosed) but the pool is very cold, supposedly even too cold for swimming in the summer. The views from up there are amazing though - pretty much a 360 view of the city.

Centrally located. Half a block from santa lucia and near GAM, listarria, and near the subway.

Santiago was much more expensive than I anticipated and this was a great value compare to other listings we were considering.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed four nights and had no trouble when we arrived at 6 pm. The concierge in this condo block had an envelope with our keys and a local map ready for us. Went up, awesome loft apartment, comfy bed, bathtub in the bathroom with great hot water. Kitchen had all implements and the supermarket is just downstairs out the Merced entrance (you will arrive on Huerfanos Street). We went and visited Leslie in the office who was a great help and booked a tour for us with a local company, arranged transport for the airport and was great for a chat as she speaks excellent English. For the price and location we could not have been any happier and would definitely stay there again. PS - housekeeping does a great job - but isn't there on Sundays - no huge drama. Note - it was winter, but the indoor swimming pool we were expecting, was actually closed - Leslie did say even though indoor, it would have been too cold for swimming anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple