“I went for lunch on a Saturday”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vietnam Discovery

Vietnam Discovery
Ranked #93 of 4,532 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Santiago, Chile
“I went for lunch on a Saturday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

It was a good experience, though the best was once when I went at night, because the ambiance was better then. Howeverm quality of food and service was good both times. Best thing about going for lunch is availability. Though I made a reservation, there was really no need as when I got there there was plenty availability.

• Visited October 2013

Santiago
“Very good experience.........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We ate 6 persons. Nice time, very good food and music; finally, the service very kindly..........we'll repeat.........

• Visited September 2013
Santiago, Chile
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

It'd be average but our service was better than most Santiago restaurants in the same price range. I asked for a water and our server had it on the table in less than a minute. Unreal in this city.
The ambiance is awesome and location is in one of my favorite downtown neighborhoods. The unassuming front makes it all more fun.
Food? Shrimp wontons had an awesome sauce. The red seafood curry had the right spice kick (more than average in Santiago) and just-right portion. Cocktails are over-priced and no one brought a wine or beer list. I asked about wine and there were 3 red options given to me.
I've never been to Vietnam, only eating pho in Colorado so can't speak to authenticity.

• Visited August 2013
rfoutrel, Public Relations Manager at Vietnam Discovery, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Madam
We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your opinion further to your lunch / dinner in our restaurant. Your comment on … … brought all our attention.
1. Be assured that we attach a particular importance in … … to bring you a high quality of service. Your constructive comment will allow us to continue to improve our quality of service.
2. Be assured that the experience which you lived in our restaurant reflects not at all the quality of service that we try hard to deliver daily to our customers.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better on further occasion of a next meal, and so, be able to get back to your confidence.
We still thank you and hope to see you again very soon among us,

Sincerely
Henry Vallejos
Managing Director
Medellin, Colombia
“Charming and elegant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Firts of all, from the outside I could not image what to find inside.
Beautiful decoration, attention to detail and very good variety of plates. Though I have had vietnamiese food before in Canada I can not guarantee it is truly ethnic food.
This type of restaurants are hard to find in Santiago. I certainñly will go back and recommend it to friends.

• Visited June 2013
rfoutrel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Vietnam Discovery, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
We deeply thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at Vietnam Discovery. It is always a real pleasure for us to receive such nice feedback. Your compliments have been very much appreciated by all of our team and it is a real pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed our services.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.
Sincerely
Henry Vallejos
Managing Director
“Good food, regular atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

It comes down to expectations. I think my expectations were to high. They offer very good food, but having tried (in Santiago and south east Asia) other alternatives, this one is certainly ok but not great.

Place is too small, and service is slow. They have a nice terrace but reservations should be made 3-4 days in advance. We found only two vegetarian alternatives, but we weren't expecting many more.

• Visited May 2013