Book In Advance
Tours from Cascada Expediciones tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews torres del paine other companies chilli ecocamp circuit organisation company hike information tours
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I booked the W Trek through these guys - a few hitches in the execution of some of our transport, but overall very good service.

1  Thank Moo499
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hola!

Thanks for your message - we are delighted to know you had a great experience with Cascada and shared your comments regarding the transport hitches to the appropriate staff members.
We hope to welcome you again in South America!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The above rating reflects the customer service aspect of Cascada Expediciones, not the actual guides/experience. The guides are free-lance, hired by the company to do their trips, and the ones that I had were exceptional! Torres Del Paine is also amazing and worth visiting.

I did the full circuit Torres Del Paine trek (the "O") in December 2017. Making arrangements took way more e-mails then necessary, often with questions I had directly asked ignored resulting in more e-mails. The pack list provided was lacking in details (thankfully I have done a lot of back packing so I brought things that I ended up using a lot) and I had to check in with the company numerous times while I was in Chile to make sure I had transport and knew what time I had to be places (there's just a very relaxed attitude in the whole country about logistics).
None of this was that serious. The problem was misleading information.

The website made it seem that you would be staying at Eco-Camp for the nights you were at the base, whether you had a dome or were tenting (I tired to book a dome but was told that none were available for my days). This was communicated again to me when I received my official itinerary, with "Stay at Eco-Camp" highlighted for 3 nights

In reality, no one on my trip got access to a dome even though most had requested one, and we did not stay at Eco-Camp. I have the feeling that they have enough other trips and tours happening that it is very unlikely that anyone doing the W or the O hikes with them get to stay at Eco-Camp, but they can advertise it as such and charge a lot more money. I was also not the only member of my group who read the information the same way, so quite a few of us were disappointed.

We stayed down the hill in the public tenting area and ate in the dining hall for the lodge. For the amount of money we were charged, this seems unfair. The tents were fine, but they also resulted in using washroom facilities that were not clean. Obviously, the other lodges around the O varied in quality, and everyone on my trip knew that it was indeed a hiking/camping trip, but everyone in the group expected more while we were at base. The food was also fine, but no where near the quality you would expect for the amount of money were were charged.

I would recommend going with a different company for a hiking trip in this area, since you will end up paying more than what other companies charge and you will have the exact same experience, likely with less e-mails required.

Some of the companies other trips, where you do say at Eco-Camp, might be worth it. We got to see Eco-Camp, as our awesome guides helped us get up there so we could take a proper, clean shower and enjoy a beer/do a yoga class, and it looked like a really lovely experience. It's just disappointing that it was not in the cards for us.

2  Thank juliekV1114BW
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hola,

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to know you enjoyed the beauty of Torres del Paine National Park and the professionalism of our guides. We are proud to work with a passionate team of freelance guides for our trekking circuits and most of them have been working with us for years. We are sorry for the inconvience you met on your trip to Patagonia and passed on your comments to the appropriate team members. We undertook an improvement of our communication regarding both the pre-trip general information (pack list, overnight stays, etc.) and the logistics. We send a pre-trip document to every guests prior to their trip to Patagonia that includes all the logistic details of the circuit. This information includes the fact travelers can upgrade to a Dome at EcoCamp upon request (depending on availability). We are sorry you did not read the details your travel agent had sent you and that there was no space/availability at EcoCamp when you were in Torres del Paine. As for the food and quality of the accommodation in the refuges/campsites, this service is provided by external companies (the only options in the area). We hope to welcome you again in Patagonia!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Visited Patagonia this week and has a lot of our tours, transport and accomodation looked after by Cascada Expediciones. Very very impressed by how well everything went, great organisation and were well looked after. Everything went smoothly and all the excursions we went on were amazing.

EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hola,

Thanks for your message. We are pleased to know you had a great time in South America and that everything went smoothly in Patagonia. We are delighted to know you felt cared for as this is our main mission! We hope to welcome you again in Chile.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We were originally booked for the 3-day Patagonian kayaking expedition which was unexpectedly cancelled due to extremely bad weather conditions (120km winds). Having made the flight all the way down to the area from the US, I begged Maria (who was on customer service and emergencies) if there was anything we could do to get to the park and be outdoors instead of just being refunded. Little did I know how much coordination Maria did in order to help salvage our trip! I seriously can't thank her enough- while the weather grew worse, and inhibited a lot of activities (trail closures, etc.) we were so grateful to be able to take home an experience, pictures and explore the land... and none of it would have been possibly if not for Maria coordinating new transportation, accommodations and tours at the very last minute! We are forever in her debt!

EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hola,

Thanks for your feedback! We are proud to work with a team of passionate Travel Specialists like Maria who work everyday to provide service excellence and take care of our guests as if they were close friends. We indeed work with destinations known for their unstable weather (like Patagonia) and we know how important it is to have a close contact with every customer during their vacation. We hope to welcome you again in South America!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Hiked the W Trail and the guides were the best. They took great care of us were extremely knowledgeable and really gave us a good time. Highly recommended.