Book In Advance
Tours from Cascada Expediciones tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Santiago
from US$160.00
from US$34.90
from US$150.00
from US$99.00
More Info
All reviews torres del paine other companies chilli ecocamp circuit organisation company hike information tours
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Decided to be in the mountains for a few days we came with some recommendations and overall the team did a good job, was friendly when welcoming us and the briefing was okay. On our day leaving the other couple joining us was late so we had to wait, that was not too cool as the car was still not too warm. As we arrived in the mountains, the entire surrounding changed and it was incredible to hike where almost no one else hiked. We maybe met with 3 or 4 other groups during our time there, so this was well done. The guide was okay, could have talked more about the mountains and myths I wanted to hear more about, but he was a warm personality. The hike was strenuous and I'd say so far the toughest until we made the Inca Trail in Peru later on, but as the place is still not as crowded as other places I've been to, this is a good option.

Date of experience: July 2018
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hola!

Thanks for your feedback. We are delighted to know you enjoyed Chile and the work of our team at Cascada. At Cascada, we are proud to be a leader in adventure and sustainable travel in Chile and want every guest to have a unique experience in the incredible landscapes our country has to offer. We are nevertheless sorry to hear you were not fully satisfied with the logistics and the guide you had on your hike and passed on your comments to the appropriate team member. We believe such comments are a key aspect of the quality service we provide and we are proud to be constantly improving. We hope to have you again in Chile!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

If you are traveling to Patagonia / Torres del Paine / Ecocamp, avoid using Cascada to book / organize your travel at all costs. If you have to use Cascada, make sure not to work with Guillaume Doerig or Benjamin Caceres, who were both incredibly unhelpful / rude. As a result of Guillaume's mistake, I have been defrauded out of over $2,000.

My friend Amitoj and I booked a four night stay at Ecocamp in February 2018 through Cascada. Amitoj and I were planning to travel to Ecocamp from Perito Moreno (6 hours away) after an excursion ending at 5 PM and were planning to fly out of El Calafate (4.5 hours away) at 11 AM, so we needed to confirm our stay at Ecocamp would make sense given that tight schedule.

Before we booked, we repeatedly asked Cascada's agent (Guillaume Doerig) to confirm that we would be able to arrive at Ecocamp after our Perito Moreno excursion ending at 5 PM, and leave Ecocamp early enough in the morning in order to make our 11 AM flight from El Calafate. He repeatedly confirmed that we would have full flexibility. Only 5 days later did he inform us that the Argentina-Chile border opens and closes at 8 AM and 10 PM respectively, which would make it impossible for us to arrive and leave per our schedule. We therefore were unable to use the first and last nights of our 4 night stay.

Needless to say, Cascada has refused to offer us any compensation for the mistake that Guillaume made, despite acknowledging that he misinformed us. Emails to managers at Cascada (Chloe Mazille and Isabel Menendez) have been ignored / gone unanswered.

Put simply, my advice is this - avoid using Cascada at all costs. They make sloppy mistakes but are unwilling to own up to those mistakes or do anything to fix them.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Prateek B
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hola Prateek,

Thanks for your feedback. We are pleased to know you had a good time at EcoCamp and enjoyed both the friendliness of our staff and the coziness of your dome. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you haved experienced in Patagonia and passed on your comments to the appropriate team members at Cascada Expediciones. We have carefully verified the pre-trip communication between you and your travel agent (Guillaume) to have a global understanding on the situation and be able to make a proper decision. You did a last-minute purchase (on February 10th) and advised Guillaume you would travel with your own means of transport. On February 14th, we confirmed the schedule in our Puerto Natales office in order to give you the National Park entrances. You then realized the issue regarding the border crossing and advised Guillaume you would not be able to do your trip as initially planned. Guillaume expressed his sincere apologies and assisted you to find the most suitable solution.

At Cascada, we are dedicated to maintaining a clear communication with our customers and to reply all kinds of questions for travelers to have the best experience. However you did not send Cascada any information regarding your schedule in Argentina (flight in El Calafate) beforehand. For that reason, Guillaume could not help you without having this information. We ask our guests to provide us with this important information to be able to offer them the best service. Therefore we cannot provide you with a refund as we cannot hold your travel agent responsible for this miscommunication. Our Customer Service team was pleased to answer your concerns on the phone after your trip and we would be delighted to provide you with more information if you have other enquiries. Thanks for your understanding and we hope to welcome you again in Patagonia!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I booked the W Trek through these guys - a few hitches in the execution of some of our transport, but overall very good service.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Moo499

Hola!

Thanks for your message - we are delighted to know you had a great experience with Cascada and shared your comments regarding the transport hitches to the appropriate staff members.
We hope to welcome you again in South America!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

The above rating reflects the customer service aspect of Cascada Expediciones, not the actual guides/experience. The guides are free-lance, hired by the company to do their trips, and the ones that I had were exceptional! Torres Del Paine is also amazing and worth visiting.

I did the full circuit Torres Del Paine trek (the "O") in December 2017. Making arrangements took way more e-mails then necessary, often with questions I had directly asked ignored resulting in more e-mails. The pack list provided was lacking in details (thankfully I have done a lot of back packing so I brought things that I ended up using a lot) and I had to check in with the company numerous times while I was in Chile to make sure I had transport and knew what time I had to be places (there's just a very relaxed attitude in the whole country about logistics).
None of this was that serious. The problem was misleading information.

The website made it seem that you would be staying at Eco-Camp for the nights you were at the base, whether you had a dome or were tenting (I tired to book a dome but was told that none were available for my days). This was communicated again to me when I received my official itinerary, with "Stay at Eco-Camp" highlighted for 3 nights

In reality, no one on my trip got access to a dome even though most had requested one, and we did not stay at Eco-Camp. I have the feeling that they have enough other trips and tours happening that it is very unlikely that anyone doing the W or the O hikes with them get to stay at Eco-Camp, but they can advertise it as such and charge a lot more money. I was also not the only member of my group who read the information the same way, so quite a few of us were disappointed.

We stayed down the hill in the public tenting area and ate in the dining hall for the lodge. For the amount of money we were charged, this seems unfair. The tents were fine, but they also resulted in using washroom facilities that were not clean. Obviously, the other lodges around the O varied in quality, and everyone on my trip knew that it was indeed a hiking/camping trip, but everyone in the group expected more while we were at base. The food was also fine, but no where near the quality you would expect for the amount of money were were charged.

I would recommend going with a different company for a hiking trip in this area, since you will end up paying more than what other companies charge and you will have the exact same experience, likely with less e-mails required.

Some of the companies other trips, where you do say at Eco-Camp, might be worth it. We got to see Eco-Camp, as our awesome guides helped us get up there so we could take a proper, clean shower and enjoy a beer/do a yoga class, and it looked like a really lovely experience. It's just disappointing that it was not in the cards for us.

Date of experience: December 2017
2  Thank Julie K
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hola,

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to know you enjoyed the beauty of Torres del Paine National Park and the professionalism of our guides. We are proud to work with a passionate team of freelance guides for our trekking circuits and most of them have been working with us for years. We are sorry for the inconvience you met on your trip to Patagonia and passed on your comments to the appropriate team members. We undertook an improvement of our communication regarding both the pre-trip general information (pack list, overnight stays, etc.) and the logistics. We send a pre-trip document to every guests prior to their trip to Patagonia that includes all the logistic details of the circuit. This information includes the fact travelers can upgrade to a Dome at EcoCamp upon request (depending on availability). We are sorry you did not read the details your travel agent had sent you and that there was no space/availability at EcoCamp when you were in Torres del Paine. As for the food and quality of the accommodation in the refuges/campsites, this service is provided by external companies (the only options in the area). We hope to welcome you again in Patagonia!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Visited Patagonia this week and has a lot of our tours, transport and accomodation looked after by Cascada Expediciones. Very very impressed by how well everything went, great organisation and were well looked after. Everything went smoothly and all the excursions we went on were amazing.

Date of experience: December 2017
EcoCamp-Patagonia, Guest Engagement Manager at Cascada Expediciones, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hola,

Thanks for your message. We are pleased to know you had a great time in South America and that everything went smoothly in Patagonia. We are delighted to know you felt cared for as this is our main mission! We hope to welcome you again in Chile.