“Great Hotel in a Convenient Location”

Crowne Plaza Santiago
Ranked #42 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed here for 1 night. I had cashed in points for the one night so it was totally free. The hotel is very large and very nice. It has a great location, so close to good shopping and great restaurants. The room was comfortable and it was clean. It was decent size room on a high floor with a very nice view. The staff were very nice and very helpful. I am a Priority Club Platinum Elite member which has nice perks including free wifi, late checkout and a welcome bottle of wine in the room. We had a late flight on the day of checkout and were not able to extend the late checkout any later so the hotel just stored our luggage for us until we were ready to leave. I enjoyed the one night we had at this hotel especially since it was free. I do not know how much it is if you pay but it really is a good place to stay. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thanks for reviewing our property and tell about your good experience with us.
It is always great to have a good feedback from our clients and hear that they enjoyed our facilities, our people and our services.
And Thanks for recommending Crowne Plaza Santiago

I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,265)

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here 11/8/2013 for 3 nights. Busy location and convenient. Was on a tour. Found the accommodations quite adequate. Great view from the room. My bed was nice and firm. Able to make tea in my room (not a feature in any of the South American hotels I stayed at after this. Wi-fi was very good. I was able to get free Wi-Fi because I remembered I had stored a Golden Crown number in my Dropbox.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest Memaday;

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us, we are happy to know that you had good experience in our hotel and you liked our location and accommodations.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future,

Reviewed 13 December 2013

First the good: Rooms were up to date and the view to the east of the Andes was interesting. Convenience goods are close by and restaurants and attractions are easy to walk to. The not so good: The carpeting in the halls is ratty. The power (including AC) went out one night for several hours, ostensibly because of utility work in the area. WiFi was $10 a night. Adjacent to the hotel is a grungy shopping area, at least by U.S. Standards. Final note: Unlike most of the places we stayed in S. America, you get washcloths!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest GPBurdell67

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our view, rooms and found our location convenient. On the other hand, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning and the electricity problem. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Here for 3 nights. I had a fantastic room with the most amazingly comfortable bed. Staff are wonderful, and there is really nothing bad about this place. It's really well placed for shopping and seeing Santiago too. I don't recognise the reviews saying it's dated at all. Fantastic hotel and fantastic hotel team.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest Ddraig:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very pleased that you were so happy with your stay and you loved Chile.

We feel very satisfied when we are able to exceed our guest’s expectations and provide a personalized and quality service.
It will be a big pleasure for our team to have you back with us in the near future.

We look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel for an event recently. Even though it's considered one of the oldest hotel in Santiago, the rooms have been refurbished with modern design and the staff are efficient and very friendly. I particularly love the buffet lunch and the restaurant's staff who are all very attentive and helpful. I didn't try the spa but my friend raved about it, and loved the masseuse! ;p

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown, near the Metro and about 20 minutes walk to the Santa Lucia Handicraft Market and a few blocks from the Santa Lucia Hill. The famous Plaza Italia and Bella Vista area, which are filled with restaurants and bars, are just few minutes walk from the hotel.

Value for money if you want to see the happening side of Santiago ;p

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest Ezzthetics;

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback.

We are happy to know that you had a great stay in our hotel, and you enjoyed our lunch and our service. Our staff will be pleased to read your comments and know that you appreciate their job.

I really hope you can come back to our property and enjoy again all our facilities and service.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Its a well located hotel, quite close to Bella Vista. Main shopping malls, Parque Arauco & Alto Las Condes, are 15 minute taxi ride away. There is a shopping arcade attached to the hotel which sells all kinds of musical instruments, and also has a convenience store and a currency exchange. The rooms are decent but dated. I arrived around 11 am and an early check-in was offered. But check-out was a horrible experience. I had booked for the first night through agoda.com. The hotel was charging me for that pre-paid booking as well. It was a task getting it sorted. Other issue is the price - it definitely was not a 300$ room. Its not good value for money. Overall just an average experience and i am sure there can be better options in the city for that price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear guest arpan-chat

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel, but I am disappointed to hear the troubles you had during your check out . I sincerely apologize for the experience you have encountered. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. This comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to serving you in the future.
Sincerely.,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel has a lovely old world charm. The standard room is large and well equipped. The wifi was free but did not work well in the room. We had to step into the corridor to connect. Wifi in common areas was much better The breakfast is substantial We ate dinner in the dining room on one occasion and the portions were huge. Food was delicious but service was very slow. They chased after us as we hadn't tipped, we did not feel the service was up to scratch but were forced to tip. The pool is outdoors and not used as it was too hot to sit there. There is no cover or shade. The reception staff particularly Anna and the porter Marcello were very professional, helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. There are 2 money exchanges in the shopping centre next door

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time out to write about your experience at our hotel. It is much appreciated.
I would also like to thank you for your honesty and candid observations. We will work hard on it, in order to improve it and we´ll also share your good comments about our staff with Ana and Marcelo.
I sincerely hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
With kind regards,