“Our One Night Stay Here Was Not Pleasant.”

Crowne Plaza Santiago
Ranked #44 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Tampa, Florida
“Our One Night Stay Here Was Not Pleasant.”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We missed our connecting flight to P. Montt that night after we arrived late from Easter Island. LAN Chile booked us here for the night on November 20, 2013. Checking in was fast and efficient but not friendly. We were told that dinner was on LAN Chile. As it was late, we hurried down to the restaurant. There were still many dinners. We waited for so long before they took our order. Then, we were told that ours were set menu. No problem. It was a very long wait. We did not get any dinner rolls right away as the next tables did. It took so long to get the orange juice. I asked for butter and even after the couple that sat next to us (they came much later) left, we NEVER got the butter. The steak was tough. The dinner rolls were stale. Carlos, another waiter, came later to ask if we wanted dessert. He was very friendly and efficient. He apologized for the other waiter's ignoring us. Yes, we were totally ignored by the first waiter (he was younger) after giving us our entrée. I did not feel guilty about not leaving a tip for the first waiter who totally ignored us but I gave Carlos a tip. Carlos should show the other waiter what good service is. The hotel room was nice. The bathroom was very clean and well equipped. We stayed here for about 5 hours as we had to wake up at 4 PM to go to the airport. If we did not have a bad experience at the restaurant, this review would have gotten a better rating. I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Guest;

We deeply regret the troubles you had during your stay November 20th, 2013. I sincerely apologize for the bad experience you have encountered during the dinner at our restaurant and the negative impressions you may have had that night.
On the other hand thank you for your good comments about the room, cleanliness and our facilities.
We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests. Kindly be assured that we will treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver an excellent service to our guests. Once again, thank you for your comments, and I hope you come back to our hotel in the future to provide you the level of service you expect.

Sincerely.,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

close to a park, and within walking distance to the central market. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. However I would hesitate to say the same about the staff members who stand around outside the main entrance. Not a smile or greeting for the 3 days we were there...

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest SewChek

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your remarks
I feel very disappointed and I am really sorry about the attitude of the staff members who stands around outside. This comments are very valuable for us and this allow us to monitor and improve our service.
On the other hand, we will also share your good comments about front desk staff with them.
I hope that on your next stay, you will notice a difference and a better attitude.

Yours sincerely
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you like modern, minimalist hotels with "something else", this is not for you. This is an honest, clean, good hotel, but not that exciting. The rooms are large and clean. Breakfast is average, Wi-fi connection was unstable in my room.
It is and truly feels like a big old 5 star hotel from one of the big hotel chains.
Location is OK, in the city centre, close to the subway and to Providencia, a nice bohemian neighborhood. After a few days in Santiago, it was clear to me that there would be better, newer locations.

In other words, I did not love it, but wasn't very excited either.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Guest Arielmorg;

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay in Santiago, and for posting a review about our property.
We appreciate your comments and I am pleased you liked the location as well as the room size and the cleanliness of our hotel.
We note your comment about internet and we can tell you that now we are in process to update our internet system to improve the quality of service.
We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Sincerely.,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel is located in the center of town. It is a very modern facility. The room were a good size, clean and quiet. We were on the 10th floor and had a good view overlooking the city. A electronic safe is located in the closet as is the mini bar and small coffee pot.

They have a business center for Wifi, and is available is some rooms.

The restaurant is very well appointed, with large seating area. Breakfast was buffet style with a very large selection of items. Another good place to make a sandwich if you need one during the day.

Front desk is very helpful. I had trouble with my global phone signal and needed to call Verizon in the US. They told me to buy a Chile Phone card, bring it to them and they would dial it for me, thus I wouldn't have to pay for dialing from the room. It was a long call, and they saved me a lot of expense. The most helpful front desk help I've experienced in some time. They were excellent.

Everything was top notch at this location!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Guest Norb W:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your good experience in our hotel, we appreciate your positive comments about our staff and service, we feel very proud that you had an excellent stay in our Hotel and we will share your comments with them.

We look forward to welcome you again!
New York
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Unfortunately we only stayed here for 1 night. I had cashed in points for the one night so it was totally free. The hotel is very large and very nice. It has a great location, so close to good shopping and great restaurants. The room was comfortable and it was clean. It was decent size room on a high floor with a very nice view. The staff were very nice and very helpful. I am a Priority Club Platinum Elite member which has nice perks including free wifi, late checkout and a welcome bottle of wine in the room. We had a late flight on the day of checkout and were not able to extend the late checkout any later so the hotel just stored our luggage for us until we were ready to leave. I enjoyed the one night we had at this hotel especially since it was free. I do not know how much it is if you pay but it really is a good place to stay. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for reviewing our property and tell about your good experience with us.
It is always great to have a good feedback from our clients and hear that they enjoyed our facilities, our people and our services.
And Thanks for recommending Crowne Plaza Santiago

I look forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Oakland
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here 11/8/2013 for 3 nights. Busy location and convenient. Was on a tour. Found the accommodations quite adequate. Great view from the room. My bed was nice and firm. Able to make tea in my room (not a feature in any of the South American hotels I stayed at after this. Wi-fi was very good. I was able to get free Wi-Fi because I remembered I had stored a Golden Crown number in my Dropbox.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Alejandra S, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Guest Memaday;

Thank you so much for posting a review of your stay with us, we are happy to know that you had good experience in our hotel and you liked our location and accommodations.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future,
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 December 2013

First the good: Rooms were up to date and the view to the east of the Andes was interesting. Convenience goods are close by and restaurants and attractions are easy to walk to. The not so good: The carpeting in the halls is ratty. The power (including AC) went out one night for several hours, ostensibly because of utility work in the area. WiFi was $10 a night. Adjacent to the hotel is a grungy shopping area, at least by U.S. Standards. Final note: Unlike most of the places we stayed in S. America, you get washcloths!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest GPBurdell67

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our view, rooms and found our location convenient. On the other hand, my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the air conditioning and the electricity problem. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to serving you in the future.