Santiago Marriott Hotel
Hotels.com
Park Plaza(Santiago)
US$102
US$94
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
US$199
US$249
US$224
  • Pool
1,519 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungelatin grillcafe medgreat hotelparque araucoshopping mallcorner roomconference roomchillilobby barnice mallthe hotel is conveniently locatedbusiness traveleran upgradechilean wineandes mountainsfront desk staff
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice building, rooms are good, clean etc. service is poor. The concierge is a joke. Poor language skills, didn't have that "savvy" local knowledge that most concierge personnel do. All in all, the service was not Marriott standard....

1  Thank Andrew P
VictorParada, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Santiago Marriott Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and observations, we will certainly take them all into consideration as well as share them with the appropriate departments.
We hope to welcome you back in the future and have the opportunity to reverse the impression you left with after your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Víctor Parada
Santiago Marriott Hotel

Reviewed 18 January 2014

At the end of a fantastic Silver Seas cruise we needed something special and The Marriott delivered it faultlessly, well nearly!
To my surprise when we arrived at check in I was asked if I would like the Presidential Suite. I had booked a suite anyway and this was a special offer upgrade which I took!
What a good decision. I can only describe it as grand luxury, huge with spectacular views across the width of the hotel. Complimentary drinks, fruit and cheese awaited.
Access to the free services and food of the Executive Lounge.
The suite itself was as large as an apartment. Big office with wifi. Massive sitting room/dining room that would seat 10 to dinner. Service kitchen, guest toilet. A luxury bedroom with a bed so big I lost my wife! s one would expect the bathroom was perfect too. Could not fault anything until the incident with the entry door, a massive double one with safety lever and lock.
My wife was alerted when the door was opened and the safety lock broke but when we checked outside no one was around! I called security who came running, then maintenance camme to mend the safety lock and finally a delegation arrived with the guilty party to apologise. The Restaurant Chef Luis Cruzat had been checking something and was unaware the suite had been booked and tried the door, he did not know the lock broke but discovering his error beat a hasty retreat. he was full of apologies as were 3 colleagues. I said all was forgiven don't worry but he did and shortly after he returned with a trolley laden with food and wine with his compliments. Such service and politeness under pressure deserves praise of the highest order. WE loved every moment of our experience and it was worth every penny and well done Marriott for exemplary service and care, and to Luis Cruzat in particular.

Room Tip: Face to the mountains.
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I've enjoyed this hotel for multiple business trips and recently stayed there on personal travel. This was the first time I realized how far it is from the city centre. However, we had great directions and found the public metro more than adequate to get around town easily. One reason I like the hotel so much is the huge shopping center next to the hotel which is great and very safe for evening walks. The hotel service is superb and the staff in the concierge lounge are so helpful and friendly. Since this was a pleasure trip to offered suggestions for local places to go and how to avoid the tourist traps. I love the gym and spa facility and found this the perfect place to end our visit to the Antarctica and South America.

1  Thank Travellers1970
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a new modern hotel (that could be almost anywhere in the world) in the typically generic fashion of such hotels. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice place to stay, albeit with no local flavor. Reception was friendly and helpful; rooms were very nice. It's right next to a mall if that's what you're in the mood for. The only slight downside is that if you're a tourist it is 10-15 mins by taxi, or a 10-15 minute walk to the nearest subway + train time, away from "tourist downtown". We found ourselves doing a bit much shuttling back and forth and would have preferred something a bit closer to the "action" (i.e. touristy stuff like dining, walking around quaint areas of town etc). So, in summary, if we went to Santiago again we'd try something with a better location, but other than that we did like the hotel a lot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We flew into Santiago Chile after a week on Princess Cruisetour to Peru/Cusco/Machu Picchu. We were a bit concerned when we arrived late and only half our cruisetour group had rooms ready for check in. We were in the latter half that had to wait for after a few short minutes, we pleasantly surprised to receive an upgrade to a Concierge level room. I thought they gave it to me because of my Marriott Rewards level but I was later told that was not the case as we could not earn Marriott Rewards for this stay arranged through Princess Cruises.

In any event, we got a very nice room near the top of the hotel right across from the Executive Lounge which was well stocked with various wines/sodas and a hefty selection of food/tapa like entrees which actually very tasty and filling. The room was large with a nice view of the city.

The hotel is well situated in the city and there is a large shopping complex with regular stores, food courts, and grocery stores just next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple