“Almost feels like home to me - but a quite expensive home”

Ranked #29 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I've been staying at the Santiago Marriott several times a year for the last 4+ years and at this point my preference for it is mostly personal, as I know most of the staff and they're very nice to me (late check outs, room upgrades and big smiles). But I have to say that it's crazy overpriced sometimes, for what you get (I tried to book a room a month in advance for the second week of April and the best rate was almost $500). It's a business hotel - $500 just sounds crazy to me. The rooms are nice and they're clean but not always the cleanest (I once found a pair of shoes under the bed, left behind by the previous guest). Still, as I said, now it feels homey and it's mostly because of the staff, so I'll keep trying to get decent rates and stay there when I can...

Room Tip: If you can afford - or upgrade - the corner suites have amazing views! Also, avoid lower floors tha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kats858
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear guest,

Very glad to hear that our staff makes you feel at home and thanks for staying at the Santiago Marriott several times for the last 4 years.

I fully appreciate your comments in regards to our rates, unfortunately that particular week there was a convention taking place in Santiago and demand was very high, that effected our rates as with other hotels in the city for that week.

We take note of your observations and will share them with our Housekeeping team so as to be able to provide a better service to all of our guests.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, we hope to have you stay with us again when you next come to Santiago.

Santiago Marriott Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

It is almost there!! This hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood, just a block from Parque. Arauco mall! one of the biggest in Santiago.
The personnel is well trained, they try to anticipate your needs and, as a rare thing in Chile, their service and attitude is very good.
The rooms are big and comfortable, although they could use a thorough clean inspection. The carpet in my my room was stained, the walls had dirty scratches in several places, as well as the entrance door. Oh! And the grout in the shower... Filfthy. Any time we reported anything to housekeeping they were willing and dilligent in their response.
My favorite, the view of the gorgeous Andes from our windows. That was an unexpected gift.
But overall, It is an option... I would come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mildred,

We are very proud of our staff and glad to hear that they made your stay enjoyable, thanks for posting your review.
I really also appreciate your feedback on our rooms and for sure our goal is to react on clients comments to make sure we keep trying to improve our product.
I will personally follow up with the Housekeeping team and will reinforce our procedures. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed there because I had a wedding to attend in Santiago that day. We arrived at noon and they let us check in early, which was really important as we needed the bride to take a shower before heading to the beauty Salon. From floor 12th, we had a nice view . The room was neat and nice as expected. Beds were comfy and most importantly there was no noise in the morning. We could sleep in after the party! Check out was a breeze!
The hotel is conveniently located next to a shopping mall/area so you can walk and leave the car parked. It seems innapropriate to be charged for overnight parking.
The SPA/GYM is outdated. One works out of habit so we can do it anywhere but the SPA needs to be very inviting. The STAFF is very very nice but that´s not enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Ana,

So glad that we helped to get the wedding off to a good start with the early check-in. Really appreciate your comments and feedback that was posted and rest assured we will share them with our management team as we continually look for ways to improve our facilities.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back to the Santiago Marriott Hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

There are some really good Marriotts but this is not one of them. It's bland with typical Marriott rooms and it feels as if it aimed at the corporate market - the prices reflect that. It shares the building with offices which overlook some of the rooms. I think that the gold tint on the windows prevents people in the offices from looking into your room during the day but at night it's a little like being in a goldfish bowl. The concierge lounge is adequate. On the plus side it's centrally located and near a shopping mall but if you are coming to Santiago for pleasure there are better options.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Harold,

We regret to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback plays an important role in better understanding the perception of our customers and we value the time taken to share your comments.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was in this hotel for business and got there quite early in the morning after a long night flight in which I couldn't sleep. Hotel staff was great on looking after me, they sent me to have breakfast and after that they found a room for me to check in early! No big deal with "it is too early or you must pay", they just did it and that is what I call great service. I understand that sometimes it is really not possible due to capacity issues, but this was a great detail that will let me seriously consider to come back!
Breakfast and rooms are very good, as well as hotel location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Review_time_me

Dear guest,

We are very pleased that we took care of you upon arrival. Checking-in early can always be a challenge, as we do sell out most nights of the week…but we are glad that this time we could offer this to you.
Thanks for taking the time to post your great feedback, we hope to welcome you back real soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at the Santiago Marriott in February and had a wonderful stay. It is a beautiful hotel. There is an outstanding concierge lounge and the food in the concierge lounge is very, very good and very plentiful. The hotel is not at all centrally located, however, it is close to a hop-on, hop-off bus stop. Also, it is next to a beautiful shopping center that has several good restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear guest,

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful stay at the Santiago Marriott Hotel and that the service and food offerings at the Executive Lounge lived up to your expectations.

Thank you so much for sharing with us your experience, we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This beautiful hotel is surrounded by luxurious looking building - high rise condos, businesses, and shopping centers. We had an amazing view of the city from our hotel. The customer services was some of the best I've ever had at a Marriott! The staff was friendly, and made everyone feel like a VIP. I love this City too. I want to return for a vacation and explore the surrounding areas.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Marty375
Santiago_Marriott, General Manager at Santiago Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear guest,

We are glad to hear that you felt the staff at Santiago Marriott made everyone feel like a VIP, we always try to provide each guest with excellent service and we are pleased to know that we were able to achieve this with you.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to your return.