“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #62 of 199 Hotels in Santiago
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The hotel is a wing of, and shares all facilities with the adjoining Sheraton, except for its separate lobby/check in, and the restaurant-bar-breakfast room on the 21st floor. I stayed one night, in different rooms, twice in the same week. Large and well-appointed, with large bathroom. Large desk to work at. It deserves the luxury tag; with the staff and service being exceptional (also applies to Sheraton staff and service in public areas). One review mentioned light bulbs -- I had a total of 5 burnt-out light bulbs in the 2 rooms. However with the room being serviced twice daily and a supervisor stopping by to ask if everything is OK, I was able to point these out and a technician appeared within a few minutes. My client's office is nearby, they book many room-nights per year and have a good rate. Their rate, including internet and breakfast, is very good value; the regular rates are so-so value. I liked the view on both sides of the hotel, towards the city and towards the hills, but the 8th floor is well above the construction site on the hill side.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HowieBrown206, General Manager at San Cristobal Tower, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for posting your review.I am glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our services and staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Howie Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

From check-in to check-out this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. As SPG Gold member I've stayed at many Starwood properties around the world. San Cristóbal Tower stands out, because of their impeccable customer focus. We stayed here on points shortly after I broke my leg while traveling. At the time I didn't even have crutches yet and was immediately offered use of the hotel's wheelchair. We ended up extended our stay several times as it was just so comfortable there for me. The hotel is very accessible by wheelchair and the adjacent restaurant is nice for dinner. Every day the staff inquired how my leg was doing, what the doctor said etc. The views are also spectacular and it is well situated. I highly recommend this place, especially if you are handicapped.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Barcelona
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My husband broke his leg while on vacation on Easter Island, and instead of going home we decided to try to make the most of the rest of our vacation in Chile. We were greeted by staff with a wheelchair and my husband was made comfortable for check-in, as they wanted to take their time to find us the best room for the situation. We were put in a suite with a view of the city! The shower was very easy for him to use with crutches, and I imagine it would be with a wheelchair as well. It wasn't a proper handicapped room, but it definitely worked, albeit with a low toilet. We were never so comfortable in a room, which was good since we were so often I this one! Beautiful views, comfortable bed and luxurious bathroom.

The concierge wanted to help us make the most our mobility-limited vacation, so every night he called a nice restaurant and arranged an appropriate table. Every time anyone saw us they asked how my husband was doing and if he was feeling better that day. All our needs were not just met but often times were anticipated. The service here is impecable!

It was the perfect stay - easily one of the best we've ever had and best in the world.

Room Tip: Try to get a view facing the river.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HowieBrown206, General Manager at San Cristobal Tower, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your comments. On your next trip, please contact me directly, as our property has a fully compliance handicap room, that I am sure will meet your expectations. Great to hear that our Concierge and Staff made your stay a great one.
my best regards,

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have stayed here several times. We like the pool, El Cid restaurant and nearby restaurants. We were a little disappointed with the breakfast and had no toilet paper in the bathroom when we arrived! However, we were very impressed with the fact that the hotel staff were able to trace a camera our son had left in a hotel taxi. At first we thought he had left it in reception at check out. After several calls it could not be found, then a young lady from guest relations came over and asked us to retrace our steps, she realised it could have been left in a hotel taxi and was able to find it for us. the taxi driver had returned it! Thank you, Sheraton and the young lady from guest relations and, of course, the honest taxi driver. We will not forget this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HowieBrown206, General Manager at San Cristobal Tower, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank your for your wonderful comments about our staff, specially Nicole Hamwi, our Guest Relations, who found out your camera. Also we will forward your comments to the taxi driver.

I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay.

Do not hesitate to contact us directly if you plan to visit us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Good location, directly off the highway, but there was usually traffic trying to get to the hotel. Fantastic outdoor patio and pool with numerous types of sitting. Lounge chairs, lounge beds, pool chairs, sitting areas, restaurant style seating, outdoor bar. The downstairs lounge was very modern and clean. The service was excellent. We arrived early and our rooms were not going to be ready for a bit due to high usage the night before.. but the manager comp'd our wifi in the lounge until they could get us to our rooms. They handled porterage and provided us with bottled water. The rooms were very spacious and included a sitting area with small bar area. They serviced the rooms at least twice a day.. which I thought was interesting. They also leave ambien music on for your return to the room. I think all the small details were identified and very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Do not get a north facing room, there is a significant amount of construction going on across the st...
2 Thank Ashley L
HowieBrown206, General Manager at San Cristobal Tower, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that your experience was very satisfactory and everything met your expectations. Everytime I receive comments like yours I feel very proud of my team, I know they do their best every day to fullfill our guests 's needs.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Sheraton and San Cristobal Tower are one hotel complex quite conveniently located, short driving distance from main attractions. The Grand Torre Tower shopping center is a 10 minute taxi drive away. Our stay was payed by an airline, which had a 2 day transfer delay to Easter Island. We received a nice “luxury room” in the tower with a great city view (windows didn't open). The room had everything, one would expect from a 5* hotel, except a coffee maker. Check-in was fast. Front desk was friendly and helpful. The hotel offered a great lunch bar in an outside restaurant. When ordering a taxi, we were offered a black hotel car, which is 2- to 3-fold more expensive compared to a regular taxi. When asking for a regular taxi, we heard that there currently are none available.
We had variable experience with the concierge. An Asian lady who was there in the morning organized for us a great 3 hour private tour of Santiago (150 US Dollars, charged to the room). In the afternoon there was a man whom I asked for help regarding our airline ticket. “They speak English”, he said and refused to help. We then received advise from the staff in the business center.
The 21st floor executive lounge is very unfriendly organized. Everything is served by a waiter (what takes time) and for every order one is required to sign the bill (which is then waived at the reception). There were no snacks when I was there. They have a balcony with great city view (photo opportunity).
Free WiFi in the lobby was working well, when it was set up in both my devices by the staff at the front desk. The recommended “last name plus room number” combination was not working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank szynka
HowieBrown206, General Manager at San Cristobal Tower, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

I feel very sorry to hear about your experience with us. I had a meeting with every Manager involved to discuss the issues mentioned by you.

Corrective measures are being taken in order to improve our service and avoid that situations like the ones you described be repeated.

My sincere apologies.

Regards,
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I think it is the small things that distinguish great hotels from the forgettable hotels that I stay in. For the San Cristobel -the rooms were very good, spacious and well maintained with some spectacular views, staff attentive (particularly on the Concierge desk) etc. So it was what I would have expected for a top quality hotel. But the distinguishing features were i) an excellent lounge on 21st floor - great range of food and drink and an excellent breakfast. ii) an excellent in house restaurant. I rarely find a decent hotel restaurant but the menu was genuinely creative and food delicious. It puts a Marriott burger to shame. Thanks for the stay - great job.

1 Thank beetlesquasher
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice message related to your stay in our Hotel and the service provided by our associates specially to the Concierge staff and F&B alternatives.

In our industry, one of the most important objectives is to accomplish and exceed guest’s expectations. We feel very proud of having a selected group of associates working with us, and delivering a high quality of service to you and to all our guests.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience and we will continue working hard to make our guests’ stay the most comfortable one.

Kind regards,