“superb service”

The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago
Ranked #17 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

overnight stays en route to and from Antarctica. Hotel doesn't look much externally, but is superb from the moment you reach the entrance. Service from all staff superb, excellent food and very comfortable rooms. Nice to have a separate shower. Would be delighted to return some time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tnuh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,463)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Santiago, Chile four days early for our cruise out of Valparaiso. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very helpful. We up-graded to concierge level and it was well worth the additional price of $125.00 a day. The concierge desk arranged all our trips to the winery and transportation to the port in Valparaiso. Our room was very comfortable and the hotel is located in a very nice section where you can walk to shops and restaurants. I would not hesitate staying there again and would recommendation the hotel highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

if you have some extra money to spend on vacation or business, try the concierage level at the ritz carlton santiago. service and amenities are second to none. this ritz has recently upgraded their level of food choices on the concierage level and you can literally spend all day grazing and drinking.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Spent two nights here on business, first time in Chile. It's a lovely hotel with excellent, attentive staff. Great breakfast, great pool, great views. The only thing they need to fix are the bed pillows. Flat, lacked support, didn't feel 5-star. A small gripe. Wouldn't stop me returning.

Room Tip: Up high for the views. My room (a twin) was 2117. Direct view of La Gran Torre Santiago, if tall bui...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Ritz for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. I arrived from the airport at 11:30 am after 23 hours of travel and was immediately taken to the Club Level for check in - I was able to get into my room right away, no waiting for a room to be made ready which was a relief. The room was bright, clean and comfortable with everything in working order. The club lounge was very convenient with breakfast available starting at 7:00am and for snacks throughout the day when you needed something to tide you over. All personnel were helpful, courteous and the concierge services were very good. Arrangements for car service everyday of my stay were made without issues and being able to charge this to the room was fantastic. I had a chance to visit the pool and it was quiet and relaxing. The hotel is in a good location with restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance. Room Service was prompt and the food was still hot when it arrived which I believe is a benefit to staying in a smaller more personal hotels. After staying in mammoth casino-type hotels the last few trips this was a refreshing change. The bed was very comfortable however the pillows were not - didn't seem to matter how many I stacked they just didn't do it for me. Overall this was a very nice, comfortable hotel with great service. I would definitely stay again the next time I have the chance to visit Santiago.

Room Tip: If you are taking advantage of the Club Level ask for a room on the 10th floor as the lounge is on t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stay like four times a year in Santiago de Chile and most of the time since its inauguration 10 years+ ago at the Ritz. When club level still was affordable by company policy I loved the pamperi g there, but for a couple of years, like this week, the "normal" room on 3rd floor had to do. ConciergesClaudio and Nicolas always make sure I feel like a much more frequent guest than I actually am and go the extra mile to make me welcome. Reception, bar, restaurant are the quality of service you would expect from a Ritz Carlton. But my room this time was neither clean when I moved in nor cleaned every day of my stay. Also, there was no turn down service or mat in front of the bed to step onto. Nevertheless, I had the usual welcome surprise in my room. I would say that with a little more "attention" to basics (e.g. Dirt on the carpet and in the bathroom, no shower cap, also no shower gel the first day but replaced later) room quality can be brought back to what is used to be. After all, competition by nearby similar hotels is not sleeping.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I loved this hotel, let me say first. The staff was wonderful, the bar had live music, the pool and terrace were breath taking and relaxing. My only issue was our AC. It didn't work. They sent someone to try and fix it right away when I called (1am), which is impressive they had a repair guy there within 5 mins at 1am. But it did basically ruin our night. However, the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel is how they react--and they were perfect. The next day the hotel manager met me at check out to personally apologize and whipped out all our extra costs ( and we had a few drinks at the pool bar and the lobby bar). Another amazing thing they did --we had a pair of jeans that ripped badly. They had them fixed and back within 10hours and didn't even charge us. I love this hotel! Thank you for a great stay. Nice to rest up before Patagonia.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends