“The best ever!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago
Ranked #17 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed four days at Ritz coming back from Bora Bora and the hotel its incredible! All the thinks are perfects, the employees are so friendly, helpfull, attentive and respectful. For sure when we back to Chile will stay at Ritz. Good location and food. The club level is the best. Thanks the employees Gabriela, Emilio and Kenza.

Room Tip: Level club
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardopozzani
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent service!! Friendly staff! Very attentive. Go see Marjorie in the lobby bar. She is outstanding!!!! My group had great massages and enjoyed the pool and hot tub! The rooms were beautiful and the bed was soooo comfortable! I hope I have the opportunity to come back so I can stay here again!

FYI charge everything to your room, an extra tax is waived for in-house charges.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here on business and it was a great place to catch up on work, quiet night sleep, access to great restaurants, and a great place to entertain clients for a beverage. I highly recommend this Ritz for your business stay.

1  Thank Jeremy S
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Although from the outside the hotel did not look like much, once inside the character of the hotel created a warm welcome and very cozy atmosphere. The bar area was spacious, full of old world charm and wonderfully decorated. The staff were welcoming and helpful. The room I was given was spacious and classically decorated but not over the top. The king size bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was packed with choices, and I especially appreciated the variety of fresh fruit.

All in all a very nice hotel to stay in and would recommend to others.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The initial experience with this hotel is what you would expect from a Ritz Carlton property. The staff was friendly and attentive. The hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood and close to transportation. There were also a lot of great restaurants within walking distance. My main issues with the hotel was that it ran out of hot water 2 nights in a row, at least in the floor I was staying and the indifferent staff. Had that happened once I would probably would have still given it 4 stars. On the first night when it happened I notified the front desk and was told to wait 45 minutes for it to come on. I calmly explained that it was 10.45pm and I just came from the pool area smelling like chlorine. The response was "Sorry but we appreciate your understanding". So it was a cold shower. The following night there was no hot water again, this time at 7pm. No one picked up at the front desk this time. Ended up with a cold shower again as I had a dinner appointment at 7.30pm. At the front desk I asked to speak to the manager but none was available. I received a cursory apology but was then informed that the issue was related to my room only. After several minutes telling the front desk how unacceptable this was for a 5 star hotel I was offered a new room, which was pointless given that I was leaving at 3am the next morning. I was also told that the issue was fixed by maintenance. Woke up at 2.30am to leave for the airport and hopped into the shower to wake myself up. Not surprisingly the shower was still cold!! In most Ritz Carlton this problem would not have occurred or fixed the first time. There is a total lack of initiative by the staff in solving problems and basic customer service. If you have a problem be prepared for an apology but no proactive action to correct the issue. Despite all the problems, knowing that I was leaving early in the morning for a flight and missing breakfast the front desk didn't even offer a cup of coffee! One of my poorest experience with a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 6th floor and if you have a problem insist on it getting fixed. They are not proa...
3  Thank AmuseBouches
RCSTGO, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. Feedback is extremely important to us, and so if you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number +56 2 24708500. I look forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

Sandra Estornell

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We recently spent 3 days at this hotel and were delighted with our choice of this hotel.
The hotel is located in a good part of Santiago,close to the underground,close to an array of excellent restaurants,and if one is a tourist,close to the jump on jump off tourist bus.
The hotel has the feel of an exclusive club.
The rooms were well maintained and spacious.
Bed was great…slept like a baby.
We had breakfast each morning and the choice was outstanding.
We dined in the Estro restaurant on our last night and had a wonderful meal…wonderul flavours.
Finally, the staff are outstanding.From the check in/out, through to the staff in the restaurants,the door men and in particular the concierge staff who gave us some great food and tourist tips.
Look no further for an excellent hotel in Santiago !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank djhallett
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Awesome hotel in a nice area- very safe and close to a bunch of restaurants. This hotel is far from city center, almost at the end of metro line @ El Golf stop. However, the metro is fast, reliable and runs frequently which makes it easier to go see the sights.

The hotel staff are friendly and accommodating. They let you use the showers in the pool/ spa area before check-in or after check-out, if you are waiting for the room to be ready or have a later flight.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple