“Surprisingly bad”

Ranked #69 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Sao Paulo, SP
“Surprisingly bad”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I had a very bad, and surprising, experience at Santiago Park Plaza. Surprising because my previous stays were pleasant and much in accordance to my expectations.
My three days stay ran as smooth as it gets but the attention I received at checkout was terrible. Yet the reason of my complaint lies solely on the attention received from Mr. Guilbert. Not because of the series of mistakes he did when charging my credit card but his attitude. He acted in a very grumpy way. He was not attentive to my requests at all.
I understand Santiago Park Plaza received good reviews here in Trip Advisor but unfortunately I now have a bad image of the hotel and do not plan to stay there in my next business trip to Santiago.

Room Tip: Rooms right in front of the elevator are no good - too noisy (e.g., room 310)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant has very good food and the manager and staff provide efficient and very gracious hospitality. The little outdoor patio was a nice place to retreat to for a drink after a long day. Our room was well appointed. Some reviewers noted it is a getting worn but this was fairly minor and did not affect cleanliness or comfort. When I booked I had the mistaken impression it was across from a park. However there is a nice sculpture park with a cute public library in it, about 3 blocks away.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
california
Reviewed 3 May 2014

during our recent stay at park plaza, we had great time.we had fourth floor corner suite with
nice kitchen,great bed & also got breakfast delivered to the room night before with milk,yogurt,
sandwiches.I cooked in the apartment,as i am vegetarian & they had all the supplies for a decent meal.I also entertained a local Santiago friend with a gourmet Indian meal.The staff in the day time was excellent ,very helpful & many times went beyond their scope of duty to help.During our stay one of our friend fell down & needed hospital stay & surgery & they accommodated us for additional stay & all the help they could give.The booking person MS.Mattuchi also offered to translate for us at the hospital.It was just a great place,great staff & great location.Near a los leones metro station & many restaurants to eat out & safe to walk

Room Tip: we stayed in the corner suite not facing the street & it was great. for one night we had suite...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after the Salkantay Trek then hosteling in Bolivia so after a 20 hour bus/flight combo it was a hugely welcome experience here. Bell boys and concierge desk were the first we'd seen for some weeks. They were pleasant and helpful. As other reviews have said, the rooms are dated but they're clean and luxurious. We loved our big room with chocolates on the pillow.
The location is great for the metro and the area of Providencia is a series of lovely tree lined avenues. Very close to sculpture park too

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here just before I began Spanish immersion courses whet I stayed with a family became I wanted to get a feel for Santiago. I found a great rate, so I thought I'd try it. Great hotel in the heart of town. Super friendly and helpful staff. Nice but dates rooms. Great breakfast. I would stay here again if the price was competitive.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I was on a business trip and the location of the hotel was pretty convenient, very close to the office space. The location is also close to one of the hop on/hop off service stops and just blocks away from Costanera Center shopping mall. In terms of the service, the staff is friendly and the breakfast is good. Wi-Fi is not strong for mobile on each corner of the room, but good enough in some parts. The rooms were clean and room service was good. The decoration is not only supposed to look antique but it probably is old (as in not being renewed or recently invested in). Not such a big deal if you are not too picky.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bolivar R
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel has an old world ambiance. Like staying at a Victorian Gentleman's Club. The staff are welcoming and friendly. Our standard room was comfortable if a little worn but the bed was excellent. The food was good and well priced. A temporary problem with Internet access was swiftly resolved. Great location in a beautiful part of the city.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business