“Everything good!!”

Ranked #49 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Everything good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent 6 nights in this hotel and we had a very good time. The staff was always very helpful and the quality of the services at a very good level. The breakfast was great, the pub was nice and the gym/spa area was also positive. The location of the hotel is very convenient, close to the main restaurants, places to hang out at night and Valle Nevado as well (40 mins driving). The price was also very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011
CNavas, Manager at NH Collection Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our Hotel and for your very nice comments, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

On behalf of the entire staff at Radisson Plaza Santiago, we thank you for your preference, we hope to have you back soon and if you need any further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Camilo Navas
Manager
Radisson Plaza Santiago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Greek first
Barrington, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

A great hotel with friendly, courteous staff. Rooms are quite spacious and clean. Only thing that threw us was smoking allowed in the bar. Not used to that. Room service meals had good choices and were promptly served by the super friendly/helpful staff. Good central spot for sightseeing. About 1/2 hour walk to Centro. Only 20 minutes walk through parklands to San Cristobal funicular
Great views of the City and Andes from the top.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Maia, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

very Nice hotel, located next to the business area of Las Condes.
Metro is like 10 min away walking, and the neighborhood is safe.
In the back of the hotel, you have a huge park along the Mapocho river, where you can walk, jogging,...
Rooms are large and very comfortable, with all that you may need.
Nice view form the top floor where you´ll find a small swimming pool and a very complete and nice gym.
Staff is very friendly and competent.
If you went there for the first time, ask for instructions in case of earthquake...In my 5 days trip, I went by 2 major earthquake (5.7 and 8.2), and I didn´t know what to do as no one inform me about the procedures! just keep in mind, stay in your room, don´t run stairways down :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

I got of to a bad start as hotel car was not at airport where I arrived. I know that my plane from Lima was late (1/2hr) but surely flight schedules can be checked. After waiting 20 mins, I took cab to hotel. Staff appeared genuinely concerned that car was not there to collect me... Later, they advised that car waited 2 hours for me.... I can't understand this... Unless there are 2 exits from international arrivals... Anyway it is the drivers responsibility to locate the guest. To top it off, when I arrived the bell hops were busy & I had to carry my luggage to reception.
After that, my stay @ the Radisson was excellent. My room had all the comforts that I expect for a 4**** hotel, though I did have to ask for slippers. Excellent wi-fi reception; good, but limited choice of English tv channels.
I 'm an amateur somellier & cordon bleu cook (I don't presume to call myself a chef) so I can be somewhat critical but I do consider myself quite objective...so.... Buffet breakfast was very good; I had 4 dinners at the restaurant (I forgot to write down it's name)... Quality of the food was inconsistent.....from not-so-good to quite good. I consider that management need to look closely at the kitchen operations.... some food was badly cooked & poorly presented... the menu needs reviewing as the restaurant detracts from the hotel's otherwise well deserved 4.5 ***** rating. Wine: the wine list was reasonably comprehensive and fairly priced & had some good local wines. Set-back: choice of wine by-the-glass was limited (I am a solo traveller & these days I choose not to drink a bottle, when by myself)... Also my first espumente by the glass (royal) was flat & my replacement glass was not much better....my compliments to the waitstaff & barmen...they were very attentive and knowledgeable.... as were all the hotel staff that I came into contact with.
This Radisson, as they all do, has a very good gym, swimmimg pool & sauna... (the jets on the jacuzzi were very weak & need attention). The mens' sauna has windows with a fine view of the city... I felt like a (naked) goldfish in a bowl with the world looking in.
Overall: this Radisson well deserves it's 4.5 star rating & I recommend it to the discerning traveller!

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Webster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Very nice hotel in a great area of Santiago.Great staff. Very close to shopping and great restaurants.
On site restaurants and facilities are top shelf.
There is no downside to choosing the Radisson for our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim O
Midwest
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel is an older property that has been refreshed. The rooms are nice enough - depending upon your room, you may have an entryway (or not), you may have a coffee maker (or not), etc. The thing that really bugged me about this hotel is the in-room internet access. The internet is some-timey -- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It is very annoying when it does not work and you have work to do via the internet. With the exception of the Haitian concierge and the IT guy who assisted me one day, the other hotel staff really can't be bothered when it comes to helping with the internet. One staff member could only advise me to use the business center. Who wants to use the business center for private work, and videoconferences that one does not want to share with any random passersby? If this hotel wants to really be considered a hotel that is appropriate for business, it needs to fix its internet. If it can't get its wireless to work properly in all of its rooms, the hotel should consider adding a wired option or do something. Otherwise, business travelers should stay somewhere else. My general feeling about this hotel is that many of the staff are trained to smile and be nice, but problem-solving and follow-through are not priorities for some of them. An example of this would be the staff member who promised to call me about one of my requests and never did. This made me have to take the additional step of addressing the issue with yet another staff person. With so many options in Santiago, and for this property's rack rate, I would suggest considering other options. Positives include being across the street from Santiago's largest shopping mall, which includes a LAN airlines office, Jumbo supermarket, assorted apparel shops, etc. and being near good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AroundTheWorldInADay
CNavas, Manager at NH Collection Plaza Santiago, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for choosing Radisson Plaza during your visit to Santiago and for letting us know your comments regarding your stay.

On behalf of our entire Staff, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience, specially for the inconveniences you had with the Internet service and for the lack of solution offered by our staff. Our first priority is our guest´s satisfaction and excellence in service and that is why we have been recognized over the years. We understand that a very important part to achieve that goal is providing efficient responses and solving any problems to our guests, that is why I am very sorry you did not feel that way.

I am aware of the importance of the Internet service to our business travelers and we made an important investment to provide an excellent connection, I assure you we will check the situation and will take the necessary actions to keep improving our service.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback, we hope to have you back in the future and we will do our best to exceed your expectations.

Sicerely,

Camilo Navas
Manager
Radisson Plaza Santiago
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

This has been my go-to hotel in Santiago for a year now, and the friendly staff are one of the main reasons. They are always quick to answer questions or fix anything in the room - even if it is just my own mistake.

The rooms are large and comfortable. I always feel like I could just sleep very late in the bed. Out the window, you have a view outside the city of the mountains all around you. Of course, the higher up you are, the better.

There is decent, but not overwhelming, number of food dishes to choose from in room service. The breakfast is included and has a large buffet until 11 am, I believe, on the weekends.

The hotel is at a good location, just a short walk to many fine restaurants.

The only downside to the hotel is the new largest building in Chile is going up across the street, which will feature a large hotel and mall and supermarket. Until that is done, try to request a room on higher floors, as the construction goes late into the night.

The traffic is at a ridiculous snarl right now, so you need to allow yourself extra time. Santiago traffic - especially that in "Sanhattan" - is bad as it is, so it will be interesting to see if the city planners can fix that before the new building opens.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business