“Excellent hotel, well located and brilliant service”
Review of Hotel Santiago

Hotel Santiago
Ranked #41 of 201 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed. The lobby is impressive as is the swimming pool. Views of snow peaked mountains from the bedroom unforgettable. Excellent food on the restaurants and the gym is also well equipped and served. Large and well kept rooms. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Guest
WOW - you have really made our day. Thank you so much for your fabulous feedback and making us all very proud that the hard work that goes in is paying off.
I am very happy that you also enjoyed our facilities and really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience during your very recent visit.
Hoping that you will be returning to Santiago soon to once again welcome you warmly. Please let me know as it would be a great pleasure to meet you in person.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Santiago

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great Hotel with an amazing design, outstanding room (and rooms view to cordillera) and very good restaurants. My first choice in Santiago for several times. Just some steps far for Calle Alonso de Cordoba and Parque Arauco Mall. Very good location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with cordillera view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your great feedback and taking the time to write about us.
We are all working hard every day to deliver a great guest experience with our team and nothing can make us happier than reading that you truly enjoyed your stay from beginning to end.
With all our best regards and very much hoping to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We arrived on New Year's Eve and had a delightful view of the downtown, distant hills and fireworks from our room. That night, there was a festive mood with loud music blaring and food stalls by the poolside. The music went on for most of the night even though the pool area looked deserted. It was difficult to sleep and some guests were complaining about it. Compared to other Hyatt hotels that I've stayed in, this hotel looks a little run down, especially the toilet fittings. I left my silk scarf in the drawer and it disappeared. I was disappointed. They do have international restaurants there and we tried the Japanese and Thai cuisines. They were pricey and not on par with those in Japan and Thailand. The staff did not have an enthusiasm to serve and the doorman looked dead serious.

Room Tip: I can't unless I've stayed in all the rooms. In any case, it does not make any difference as...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience staying with us during New Years Eve 2012.
I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your time with us very much as, out of all dates, this is the time to have a great time.
Our New Year’s Eve parties are usually perceived as very successful and I am sorry you could not participate and found the music too loud.
We are currently working on renovation plans which are scheduled to start this coming year.
Your comments on guest service are taken very seriously and I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate that Grand Hyatt Santiago is capable of giving their guests a truly special experience.
It would be a pleasure to meet you in person in case you return to Santiago please let me know.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very very nice, the location is perfect, great pool and SPA the best attention . The food very well done with different variety of Chilean food, I expend a weekend the only complain is that take so long for check in and also when I was there on Saturday night the elevator brooked it tuck so long to fix and I was in floor 14 not good.
Claudia from Nantucket

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ClaudiaValle
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing about your stay with us back in Febuary. I am very happy to read that you had a great weekend and liked our facilities, food and overall services.
Apologies for the wait during the check in and for the lift. Your feedback has been taken on board and will surely help us to keep improving our overall customer service.
Hoping to be able to welcome you again soon to Grand Hyatt Santiago.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our Double bed room was big and clean. The Large windows facing the Andes where awesome…Concierge service sharp and fast and knowledgeable. Hotel close to shopping center and some attractions. If you like wines and want to visit wineries ask for transportation to Concierge they have several options. Negative issue: Spa was closed.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facind the Mountains
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback which is much appreciated.
Very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our product, location, facilities and services.
Needless to say that we are very proud of such amazing views onto the beautiful Andes Mountains and I am very happy to know that you found them as stunning.
I appreciate your understanding of the closed Spa which had gone through a small renovation during the time you visited. I am glad to let you know that it is back open and I hope you will have a return visit in the near future to experience it.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Close to Arauco mall and park (5' walking distance), and beside best golf field on town. Excellent service at grand club level. Has 3 average to good restaurants (Thai, Japanese, and Italian, with moderate prices and wine list). Good spa and Gyn area , facing back the nice pool place with its charmy cascade (although with unexplained cold water...). Also a lounge bar with live music till 1am.
I would be happy to come back!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your very recent stay with us.
I am very happy to read that you appreciated and liked our product, location and services.
Many thanks also for considering to come back which we appreciate tremendously knowing that you have a large choice of hotels in Santiago.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future and hoping that Grand Hyatt Santiago can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first time at this hotel in Santiago. It is well located and the service is great. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, although the hotel is starting to show its years. The bathrooms while clean and spacious are at the point that they need renovation.

Restaurants and food were great. Swimming pool and spa were very nice as well.

This hotel will be great once the bathrooms get the renovation they need.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback and contructive comments.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your overall visit with us and liked our facilities, service and product.
I am excited to let you know that the hotel in deed has plans for a comprehensive rennovation in the upcoming year which will include the bathrooms as well.
Hoping to welcome you back in the future to show and share with you our new product.