“Fantastic hotel in Santiago”
Review of Hotel Santiago

Hotel Santiago
Ranked #42 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 23 June 2014

this was my first trip to Santiago. I stayed on an executive floor and it was well worth the additional expense. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The service was impecable at all levels. I will definitely consider this property on future visits to Santiago.

1  Thank Jackiezb
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest
A big thank you to you for this wonderful report which we much appreciate.
The fact that you had a great stay and will consider us for your next stay is all that matters to us.
I hope we will have the priveledge to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights and would certainly return there. Staff all helpful and attentive. Rooms were much bigger than expected for the price and were on two levels. Very clean and spacious rooms. Restaurant was good and the breakfast buffet was well run and plentiful. A big plus for this hotel is that it is only walking distance to a nearby shopping mall with it's own entertainment and dining complex.

Room Tip: The higher your room the better your view of the surrounding mountains will be.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback and coments on your stay back in Febuary.
It is much appreciate and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We are very proud of our room product and like to highlight that the split level 52m2 room you stayed in is our standard guest room. Great to know also that you considered it excellent value for money.
I sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
With best wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was my second trip to Santiago and Grand Hyatt Santiago. After almost three years I was glad to get another great experience that made me want to come back. Beautiful hotel, great service and outstanding food.
My compliments especially to the housekeeping staff, Senso restaurant team at breakfast time, amazing concierge team and Grand Club lounge. Don´t miss Anakena thai restaurant and, if you get a sunny day, the beautifull outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Grand Club floor with a view, if you can choose.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeiaAS

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful and motivating report on your recent stay in May with us.
I can´t tell you how i appreciate you highlighting the various departments which had left a special impression as far as guest service is concerned behind. This makes a big difference for these teams.
Allow me to also thank you for returning to Grand Hyatt Santiago and I hope we can welcome you back once again and perhaps less than 3 years will pass this time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Santiago for several days while in town for a conference. The hotel is very nice. It is not new but is well maintained. Everything worked in the room. The staff was professional, they were not overly friendly, but were very professional perhaps it was their way of leaving you alone as a guest.

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us in May.
Having a large component of business travellers staying with us every day, your feedback is very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed the infrastructure, efficiency and product we are offering. Your comment about the friendliness I will use as constructive feedback and opportunity for us as we would like to pride us also with warm and friendly service which can be professional and discreet at the same time.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.
With best regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stay at this hotel regularly. Well located near the Parque Arauco and the Parque Arauco Shopping Mall, the quality and value of its offer is indeed excellent.
Staff is well trained and polite, and the hotel also includes an excellent gym in addition to a varied dining and lunch offer.
Rooms are spacious with excellent views of Santiago and the Andes.
Overall excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eduardo S
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for writing such an excellent review which makes us all very proud and honored. I could not ask for more than having a completely satisfied guest who returns regularly to our hotel. The fact that you highlight the training and friendliness of the staff is very motivating as this is always our most important goal.
If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed recently for 3 nights. All the hotel is beautiful. The room is very large, clean and nice. Breakfast was ok, but the dinner at the Japanese restaurant not so special. Its a small restaurant, and although the food was quite good, and well as the service, the space is not very agreeable. The fitness center is special: spaceous and pool view. I became upset because when I left the hotel very early in the morning I left 50 reais (brazilian money: around 25 dollars) inside an envelope (with the name of my friend) with the front-desk to be given to her during the day: that never happened...

Room Tip: ask for a "Cordillera" view room
2  Thank MaryRs

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your excellent review and very constructive comments. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services.
I have taken note of your comments about Matsuri and ensure you that the comment about leaving money in an envelope for someone who did not receive it has been taken very seriously.
We have investigated and this helped us to further work on our internal procedures to ensure such situations will be managed better in the future.
My apologies for having had a not so positive experience in that respect.
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room was spacious and I loved the step down from the sleeping area. The view, snow capped Andes Mountains, was stunning.The staff was great, extremely helpful. The breakfast had plenty of choices. Couldn't fault anything during our 3 night stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarthaSydney

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your excellent review which we really appreciate. Wonderful to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including the services and facilities on offer.
Great to know that a Trip Advisor recommendation helped you to enjoy our executive floor and lounge with the beautiful views to the Andes Mountains.
My apologies about the not so good culinary experience in Anakena We usually are very proud of the food served there by our Thai Chef and his team and have taken your comments very seriously. Thank you for helping us to improve and continue to strive for excellence at any time.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.