“Amazing views, wonderful service”
Review of Hotel Santiago

Hotel Santiago
Ranked #37 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in a Grand Club room on points. I highly recommend it. The views of the Andes are absolutely stunning. The breakfast and cocktail hour have a wide variety of items. The rooms have a split level which make it feel like a suite. Overall, a great experience!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gtnavycec
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest
You made my day with your wonderful review of your most recent stay with us earlier this month.
Thank you very much, it is really appreciated.
We take great pride in our facilities and services and there is nothing more rewarding than our guests thoroughly enjoying them.
I am also very glad to know that you enjoyed our Grand Club / Executive Floor with its views and lounge.
Hope to welcome you back again in the near future and thank you once again for the recommendation.
Marc

Write a ReviewReviews (2,068)

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed there for business matters when I came to Santiago for the first time, now although I'm living in this city I continue going there to have lunch or dinner at one of its finest restaurants, Anakena (Thai) or Matsuri (Japanese). Due to the architecture (cylindrical) rooms have a wonderful view to the city, rooms are also well designed and you can wake up with a tremendous sight. Matsuri is a Japanese restaurant with innovative dishes and delicious Cocktails... Try the warm Sake!. When it comes to location this hotel is in an area called Las Condes, very safe and enjoyable, although is not located in the place where more offices are located (providencia, downtown...) Santiago has one of the best transportation systems in LATAM, subway, integrated with buses, etc... 5 min away from this hotel there is an area called vitacura with several restaurants and bars. Three blocks away from it (on Kennedy avenue) you can visit the 'Arauco Mall' just going by walk.... If you plan to buy wine (Carmenere is the typical one, formerly believed to be extinct in the world) I recommend to buy it at the Supermarket at Parque Arauco, you will find great prices and good quality (just around 10 USD a bottle of wine).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank aaplon
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Guest
You made our day with this amazing report and we could not ask for more. It makes us very proud to read that our guests not only appreciate and enjoy our services and facilities but also promote Santiago as an amazing destination that has so much to offer.
The Matsuri and Anakena teams are thrilled with your comments and we will be looking forward to welcoming many more local guests to our restaurants.
If there is anything we can be of assistance with in the future it will be a great pleasure.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again to our restaurants in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I will begin writing that this hotel is gorgeous! Amazing building, everything wide, spacious. Lobby is amazing and staff is very courteous. We were gifted with a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival.

So, on the not too good side: I don't know if I was given a "budget" room, but I cannot stress out the disappointment I had with this Grand Hyatt - for me, the worse was: 1- CARPET in the room! old, moldy carpet in the room (if I remember correctly, it was room 308). 2- Bed is not the world famous Hyatt Grand Bed®, as you could feel the coils in your back. 3- TV was not Hi-Def, it was an old tube 4:3 TV from Bang & Olufsen. and, finally, 4- breakfast was average when comparing to competition (Marriott and Radisson) in the area.

Would definitely return, but would make sure I receive an updated room if at all available.

Room Tip: ask for updated rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RBivar
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest
many thanks for taking the time to give us such extensive and constructive feedback on your very recent stay in June.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed and appreciated our services, infrastructure and architecture.
We are currently starting a major refurbishment process and I can assure you that TVs and carpets are first on the list.
I am very sorry that you had a negative impression and know that this first stage of our refurbishment will wastly improve our room product.
Matrasses are also on the list and will also be exchanged in the near future.
Regarding the breakfast, I am not sure where you had breakfast but usually we only receive positive comments about our buffet selection in our Senso restaurant which is vast, however I am discussing your comments with chef to ensure that we dont have any shortcomings.
Once again, thank you so much for your time and comments and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon to show you the changes made.
Please feel free to contact me directly when planning your next trip.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

this was my first trip to Santiago. I stayed on an executive floor and it was well worth the additional expense. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The service was impecable at all levels. I will definitely consider this property on future visits to Santiago.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackiezb

Dear Guest
A big thank you to you for this wonderful report which we much appreciate.
The fact that you had a great stay and will consider us for your next stay is all that matters to us.
I hope we will have the priveledge to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed a couple of nights and would certainly return there. Staff all helpful and attentive. Rooms were much bigger than expected for the price and were on two levels. Very clean and spacious rooms. Restaurant was good and the breakfast buffet was well run and plentiful. A big plus for this hotel is that it is only walking distance to a nearby shopping mall with it's own entertainment and dining complex.

Room Tip: The higher your room the better your view of the surrounding mountains will be.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your feedback and coments on your stay back in Febuary.
It is much appreciate and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We are very proud of our room product and like to highlight that the split level 52m2 room you stayed in is our standard guest room. Great to know also that you considered it excellent value for money.
I sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
With best wishes

Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was my second trip to Santiago and Grand Hyatt Santiago. After almost three years I was glad to get another great experience that made me want to come back. Beautiful hotel, great service and outstanding food.
My compliments especially to the housekeeping staff, Senso restaurant team at breakfast time, amazing concierge team and Grand Club lounge. Don´t miss Anakena thai restaurant and, if you get a sunny day, the beautifull outdoor pool.

Room Tip: Grand Club floor with a view, if you can choose.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeiaAS

Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful and motivating report on your recent stay in May with us.
I can´t tell you how i appreciate you highlighting the various departments which had left a special impression as far as guest service is concerned behind. This makes a big difference for these teams.
Allow me to also thank you for returning to Grand Hyatt Santiago and I hope we can welcome you back once again and perhaps less than 3 years will pass this time.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Santiago for several days while in town for a conference. The hotel is very nice. It is not new but is well maintained. Everything worked in the room. The staff was professional, they were not overly friendly, but were very professional perhaps it was their way of leaving you alone as a guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us in May.
Having a large component of business travellers staying with us every day, your feedback is very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed the infrastructure, efficiency and product we are offering. Your comment about the friendliness I will use as constructive feedback and opportunity for us as we would like to pride us also with warm and friendly service which can be professional and discreet at the same time.
Hoping to welcome you back in the near future.
With best regards