“One of Santiago's best and most accommodating hotels”
Review of Hotel Santiago

Hotel Santiago
Ranked #39 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I took a business group to stay at the Hyatt. The staff were exceptional. The restaurants serve great cuisine. I arranged for tours and transportation ahead of the visit through the concierge desk, which made the trip exceptionally smooth. The rooms were comfortable, spacious and the views were excellent of the city and mountains. I hope to stay at the Hyatt again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott W
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest
thank you very much for preferring us for your visit last year and accommodating your group with us.
I am thrilled to read that you had a wonderful experience and that we handled your important group well. Needless to say that our concierge team is thrilled with your comments.
I sincerely hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you and possibly your gusts to the hotel.
If there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to contact me.
with kind regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

A wonderful experience right from the start. Great melody from the pianist at the atrium is what I was looking forward to returning to the hotel after a long day touring Santiago. Tip is to change money at the hotel as they have very good rates. Located near a big mall is a plus. Room is clean. Only con is the hotel is not located near metro but what I did was take taxi one stop to military station then transfer to metro. Service is great. Would return if I have the chance to visit Santiago again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank clyric

Dear Guest
many thanks for preferring us and sharing your impressions about your most recent stay in July.
It is wonderful to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your stay, the facilities and services of the hotel.
We hope to welcome you back if and when travels take you back to South America
With kind regards

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have stayed here almost every time we have traveled back and forth from the USA to Chile over the past 13 years. It is my favorite hotel. Great service, extremely high standard of conduct by all members of the staff. Well located and a landmark in Santiago. I luv it there!

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the views ( when there is no smog ). If you are Hyatt Gold, get a conci...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
I am not sure how to thank you only with words for preferring us over 13 years travelling to Santiago.
You could not make us happier and this is a great motivation for all of us keep focusing on our guests and make them feel special.
It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back soon and I sincerely hope that I will have an opportunity to meet you then.
With kind regards and thanks from all of us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for one week on business with a group of colleagues. Spectacular views from a great room on the 11th floor, with excellent meals throughout, and enjoyed the facilities and a great base to explore the countryside

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you sincerely for choosing us as your base during your business stay back in April. I really apprecaite it and am very happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.
It would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and please let me know if there is anything I can do.
With kind regards

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Santiago while on a tour of South America. This is an outstanding hotel with helpful staff and attentive service. Our room had a view over the city and the snow capped Andes. The room was very comfortable with king size bed and a small lounge area. The bathroom was somewhat smaller than many luxurious hotels we have stayed in but nevertheless it was clean and well appointed. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant which then opens in the evening for fine dining. We enjoyed a superb dinner in the restaurant and thoroughly recommend it. More casual dining and snacks are served in both the foyer lounge and the large bar where we enjoyed a few drinks and watched Australia almost defeat Chile in the first game of the recent World Cup! We would recommend this hotel if only for the views of the Andes!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your wonderful report which makes us very proud as we cannot wish for more than receiving compliments on our personalized customer service and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed it and are kindly recommending us.
Hoping that we can welcome you back once again in the future and thank you for having chosen Grand Hyatt Santiago for your Santiago stay.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Service was great but room needed some minor repairs. Nothing major but for a hotel of this class one would expect that all was operable. Our in-room safe didn't work and they couldn't fix it before we left (10 day stay). Also, we got the handicapped room so Mom wouldn't have to step into a tub. The ceiling shower head didn't work so my wife had to hold the hand-held for her to take a shower. Again, these are minor gripes and we would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Guest
First and foremost thank you for choosing our hotel for your extended and very recent stay with us. I really appreciate it.
It is a pleasure to read that you generally enjoyed your stay and I thank you for your feedback which I will ensure we work on with the team.
Apologies for the inconveniences caused with the safe and shower.
I would like to share that we are about to start some upgrades which include new TVs and safes.
I hope this will still give me the opportunitiy to welcome you back in the future.
With best regards

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our 4 night stay in Santiago was enhanced by Grand Hyatt team, especially Sarah, Roberto and Angelo through a combination of warm welcome, allocation of spacious accommodation with a fantastic view of the mountains, very comfortable bed, great food and personal attention to make us feel like special guests.

It worked! We will return.

Thank you Marc, Sarah, Roberto, Angelo and team to make our stay memorable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZM2011
MarcLorenz, General Manager at Hotel Santiago, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest
We cannot wish for a more wonderful report. Thank you! You have not only made Sarah, Roberto, Angelo and myself very proud but also our entire team who work hard and contribute every day to create special guest experiences.
It will be a great pleasure and honor to welcome you back in the near future.
With warm wishes and regards