“Good location, ok property” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Fayette Suites Providencia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
La Fayette Suites Providencia
Ranked #179 of 197 Hotels in Santiago
The World
“Good location, ok property”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

In a good location in Santiago.
The hotel itself was fine and clean.
Good value for money but nothing special.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was a bit skeptical when booking this place based on the other reviews here but the price and location were good so I booked it anyway. I must say that for the price, the place is great. It is a little noisy but you are in the middle of a large city. If you want quiet, don't stay in Santiago in the first place. The rooms are completely adequate and are pretty large. The showers are very small but they work just fine. Mainly the location cannot be beat and that is the real selling point of this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
OKC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Good- great value compared to hotels in town (97/night) rooms are suites. Balconies, little kitchens. breakfast, $34 US transvip taxi from airport, hi speed wireless 2.5 Mbs down, .5 up on VPN so Netflix was very smooth. The banks around the corner on providencia charged a little less for the ATM. Multiple dining options. Safe area. 7-11 type store across the street. Great people watching. Young families with kids. Starbucks, dunkin donuts, McDonald's all 1 min away but not open at 730 am Sunday morning as I write this. I should put the Starbucks not open early as a negative but the coffee was going in the kitchen at 630 (no creamer). Subway stop around the corner. We walked to the cathedral/market (5 mi RT) and felt safe all the way. Micro gym near breakfast but we didn't use it.

Bad-noise. As others said rooms on street had best view worst noise. Go high if you can. The view from non street side not that great. We ALWAYS bring some device (iPad, touch, android) that generates white noise + earplugs so we were prepared and slept great. We didn't have hot water issues but it could be a problem for others. Bring your own creamer of choice.

Room Tip: Go high street side but be aware the bankers across the street might be watching
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

I was planning to stay in this hotel at the beginning of March 2011. Due to the Christchurch earthquake in February 2011 I canceled my reservation (five days before the planned arrival time, well within the hotel's cancellation policy). Nevertheless, the hotel still charged my credit card for the room.

Today (last day of May) I still haven't received a satisfactory answer from the hotel and I am disputing the charge with the credit card company.

I am disgusted by the lack of honesty and transparency exhibited by hotel management.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank zentree

Travellers are raving about these Santiago hotels

Pleasanton, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

My travel agent booked this room for me. I know now to book my own hotel reservations using TA and will have her book international flight reservations only. The hotel is a decent place to stay if you are a heavy sleeper. Otherwise, look elsewhere for a quiet sleep and more up-scale accommodations. I will not stay here during my next visit to Santiago.

Pros: friendly and helpful staff; convenient location; free internet; free European-style breakfast.
Cons: parking garage across the street with a bell that rings EVERY time a car departs at all hours of the day; tile floors echo every door slam; no frill, basic rooms with small TV in bedroom only; smoking allowed in all rooms that may permeate into your room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Stayed at this hotel for nearly two weeks. Generally favorable experience, but a lot of little glitches. All were resolved positively, but it did feel like one (little) thing after another. We were fortunate to get a room that did NOT face the street; otherwise, ear plugs would have been required, just due to the normal street/traffic noise and the incessant bell that rings everytime a vehicle leaves the parking garage across the street.

So the recommendation comes with small caveats ...

Positives:
-- terrific location, in a nice, active neighborhood filled with stores and restauarants, just a block or two from the Metro
-- super friendly and helpful staff (who can speak at least some English, despite what other reviewers have posted)
-- clean and generally comfortable facility (though showing its age a bit)
-- fair price (around US$90 per night)
-- complimentary breakfast and WIFI (or use of computer's 3 terminals) included
-- complimentary filtered water (we filled our water bottles daily before venturing out)

Drawbacks/glitches:
-- upon arrival, our room for 2 had enough towels only for 1 person (staff fixed immediately)
-- WIFI is tempermental and goes out intermittantly; needed to reconnect frequently; signal was not strong enough to stream multimedia, such as TV
-- kitchenette and bathroom are TINY
-- two false fire alarms on our floor, each waking us up early in the morning; we went to reception the first time and it took them a good 20 minutes to turn it off (I think it was my less-than-perfect Spanish that didn't fully explain the loud alarm blaring in the hallway across from our door); the second time, I just called reception and they took care of it immediately
-- one day, our key cards stopped working and when we were re-issued new ones (no problem), we found another set in our room -- not sure what that was about
-- sent out laundry and it came back mixed up with another guest's (probably the laundry's fault, not the hotel's; resolved immediately by staff)
-- woke up early one morning to blaring muzak coming from the speaker in the hallway; fortunately, I had read the other reviews here and knew I could just go out to the hallway and turn down the speaker; but why was it on and/or so loud in the first place?

So I'm recommending this place, but with the caveat that you might need to deal with some little things from time to time.....

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

The La Fayette Suites Providencia was a comfortable hotel. The best aspect was the price, I paid only $78 usd per night including taxes and breakfast, and compared to a lot of other brand name hotels in Santiago this was much cheaper. I booked my reservation directly with the hotel via e-mail. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok, pretty standard. The selection in the mini-bar was limited, and didn't have any alcohol. The wifi in the room was ok, but maybe a little slow by North American standards.

The rooms are suites, consisting of a small sitting area and basic kitchenette. My room was clean and comfortable enough, but the bedroom area was quite small. This was not a big issue since I was by myself, but if you are a couple you might be a little cramped as there really isn't any place to put your luggage in the bedroom. The bathrooms are also quite small, though this was not that big of a deal. If you are taller than 6'2" (185 cm), you might be too cramped in the shower though. Apparently, the hot water system only produces hot water for 15 minutes at a time, and if you use it all you will have to wait an hour for more. This wasn't an issue for me and I never ran out of hot water.

The location of the hotel is excellent, close to many good restaurants, cafés, and bars. There is a street a few blocks east of the hotel that has several bars, restaurants, and discos. It is close to 2 metro stops and several bus stops, so the rest of the city is easily accessible. There is also several large shopping areas within a few blocks. There are also several pharmacies and grocery stores nearby.

While the rooms were quite average and a little on the small side, because of the excellent price and excellent location this would be my first choice if I return to Santiago, and I would recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo