“La Fayette sounds Classy but its not”

La Fayette Suites Providencia
Ranked #182 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 13 March 2014

On arriving at this Hotel we were greeted in the smallest foyer by a not so enthusiastic lady who booked our room ok no english spoken .On arriving to our room we thought what is this its tired rust stains down the wall from A/C yet we enjoyed the apartment .Our bed and pillows were comfortable we had a balcony over looking someones empty dead swimming pool full of rubbish .Breakfast was continental and we didnt go hungry neither did the creepy crawleys .The man at reception was very helpful as we only had limited spanish and the older gent was helpful by opening doors for us etc .The Hotel needs renovating as it has good potential in a good area close to most tourist spots .My wife is fussy about accom but she enjoyed the adventure as we call it .

Room Tip: Good Luck ,at the moment its ok accom for blokes
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Fayette Suites Providencia

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had two full days in Santiago after our cruise.The room was so small that our luggage had to rest on the sofa. Bathroom was also tiny ! The breakfast buffet was good. It was also close to restaurants, metro, shopping. Getting info on museums, restaurants... they were pathetic. Granted it was just before Christmas... we walked so much only to find out museums were closed or shortened hours and some restaurants were even closed. One Elevator broke down so it was so going up or down. It's really in need of getting remodeled !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After cleaning, it has disappeared a lipstick and a comb. We told the front desk that did not pay much attention, so we started locking our belongings. The room needs reform on the carpet, curtains and paintings. The mattress is extremely old and warped. The bathroom is very small, has an old bathtub that hinders the bath, the hot water lasts only about 20 minutes, if you want more, just after 45 minutes. The good things are wi-fi in the rooms, fair breakfast, and a precious location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Who reads my reviews knows that I rather better location than luxury itself, however, everybody needs a minimum of comfort and CLEANNESS, adjectives that this "hotel" doesn't know the meaning. My first impression was ok. Far from good, but neither absurd, very old room, musty smell, dirty carpet, tiny and stripping shower place could be accepted, however, on my second day, the cleaning service still hadn't appeared even once and before go out to walk the city early, I asked the reception I needed clean towels. That was 9AM and after a whole day walking I went back for a shower at 17:30 and - surprise - nobody had still appeared. No clean towels, bed still undone, bin overflowing. I went down to the reception and asked what was going on. They gave me towels in hands and asked me to wait that the cleaner would appear soon. I was into the shower when the cleaner knocked the door - at 18 - and said that I needed to leave the room immediately so she could clean it up. I said I needed 10 minutes to get dressed, she argued that her time for leaving was 15:00 and she was already late because there were too many rooms to clean and couldn't wait for me, so she would do my bedroom next day. Of course I said it wasn't my problem and I needed it done that day, so she sit on the floor outside my door and started singing waiting for me to leave. That was enough. I packed my stuffs and looked for another place. They refused to cancel the two next days I had already paid, but I decided to lose money than stay there one more night. Nearby there are a lot of apart hotels. I found available room just across the street at Cambiaso Suites (just along Neruda Hotel) and there I spent the last 2 nights. La Fayette is a fleabag that you only deserve if you just have nothing to care about, nor your hygiene or your comfort.

Room Tip: Don't do it to yourself!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nina_Novelli
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Location is very good. One block away from the train station. Everything at walking distance. Employees are great. Very friendly! We got a room on the last floor, so the noise was not an issue. Hot water was not a problem as some people complained about. The only bad thing is the size of the bathroom, because my wife is six months pregnant!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I booked 2 nights with the hotel and prepaid. Upon arrival I was told the room was only available for 1 night. So, I planned to leave the next day and booked accommodation elsewhere. The next morning I was told the room was now available for both nights. I explained that I already booked another place because of the info I received the night before. They said ok, no problem. They then refused to give me a receipt or any documentation for my stay. I was charged for both nights. I called AmEx to try to resolve the issue and the hotel staff hung up on them twice. There is no english speaking staff at the hotel and if you are not prepared to argue in spanish, you should not go.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Like others have mentioned, after close to close to 20 hours travel from where I was living at the time (Perth, Western Australia). A comfortable bed was the highest priority. That's what we got, and the staff were veryhelpful too. It was a great location to explore Santiago from with the public transport system being extremely efficient too. One word of warning. If you are there around the 30th of March, be aware that there seems to be (from what locals told us) an annual student Riot in the city centre. So keep your eyes open and if you see an abundance of riot police in gas masks, head back to your hotel, pronto.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple