“over our expectations”

Ranked #27 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Cartagena, Colombia
“over our expectations”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Best location: Steps from metro station Pedro de Valdivia, Costanera Center, Parque de las Esculturas, money exchange, restaurants, big and small stores, drugstores, upscale and traditional neighborhood, Our apartment 666 was brand new, two rooms, two bathrooms; everyday cleaning...the main building is french style, charm; breakfast includes eggs, bacon, pastries, juices, fruits, chesse, salami, Staff makes you feel at home.

Room Tip: for street noise haters, not our case, choose the main building or ask for an interior apartment.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jadapespa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Finnish first
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the appartments that are about 80 mtrs next to the hotel.
Although I liked the location and the outstanding and friendly staff from the Hotel Orly, I was disappointed about the general condition ofthe appartment.
Paying USD 155 per night in South America cpuld deliver a bit more than an extremely soft (because old and outdated) mattress and some updates in the bathroom would provide a better impression as well.
The condition of the double bed mattress was so poor that I prefered to sleepon the extra bed (uncomfortable as well but at least harder)
Breakfast at the hotel is reasonable and as mentioned, the entire staff is extremely friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is very old and the apartments are in another building at 100 meters from the main hotel. The building is too old and the elevators are scary. The apartment has curtains on all walls, then when night comes you spend 10 minutes to close them all. Despite the apartment being renovated, there was mold in the bathroom. The worst thing was that when I got home I realized I had forgotten my boots that I had bought in Chile. I contacted the hotel and they informed me they did not know anything and they had to contact the person responsible for cleaning. After two days they sent me an email saying that nothing was found. I was robbed! The boot was new and expensive, so it is very likely that someone has stayed with them. This is very disappointing, so I do not recommend this hotel. The only positive point is the location, but in my case I prefer to stay in a safe and honest hotel.

orlyhotel, Manager at Hotel Orly, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest,
We are very sorry to hear your disappointment with our hotel.

As we answered to your private email, we did not find any boots in the apartment you stayed at. I can assure you that If we would have found them, we would have kept them on storage for later shipping. We are sorry to hear that you assumed they were stolen in our hotel.

Our housekeeping staff is very honest and hardworking people and they are constantly turning items from all values to our management department for safe-storing as part of our Lost and Found policy. Only last week we returned a jewelry case full with expensive pieces back to the USA and there is an iPhone waiting for shipping instructions to be sent to Brazil.

Please be advise that we take great pride in our service and the main part of the service is our staff that work diligently to please all our guests.

We thank you for your time in providing additional for improving our service and facilities.

Yours truly,

Marco Vera
Hotel Manager
Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner picked out this place on trip advisor, and it worked out very well. Bilingual reception staff, very nice breakfast buffet, rooms sizeable and comfortable, quiet enough for its location in central Santiago. Walking distance to Plaza de Armas (closed for renovation), shopping, restaurants, etc. Reception desk very helpful in organizing tourist tours. Room warm in winter, water hot, etc. Wi-fi. Overall, a very nice choice. About 20 min taxi ride to airport.

1 Thank johnnytropics
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I made the right choice for choosing this hotel! One block from Pedro de Valdivia subway station and close to great restaurants. Good breakfast with good pastries and juices. I was more time outside the hotel, enjoying the city, but the moments I was there I could enjoy the best that it offers, which is comfort! I had a small problem with the Wifi, but it was solved after contacting reception. Speaking of the staff, super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I think the best room is the number 11. I stayed at the 12, near it, without view but it was great f...
Orlando
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed in one of the apartments associated with the hotel, about a block away. The apartments were comfortable. They had good space and kitchens, which we used and saved money. But they were noisy at night - the windows let the traffic noise through unabated. The only other negative was the concierge service. In our five days there, there were three different hotel clerk/concierges. Each spoke good English, but their knowledge of the area varied widely. One, the oldest (about 40?) was great. Every thing he told us was accurate. The other two missed the mark. Both were young, early twenties? One of them gave us bad directions to the local bus station, and a cab driver had to correct it for us. Other than these problems, the place was great. On location, it can't be beat. It's in Providencia, an area of Santiago that seems successfully Europeanized. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants and a subway stop that gets you anywhere. Great place from which to have a morning run along the river that runs through the city. Hotel is very quaint. Free breakfast was good. Coffee was really good.

Room Tip: Apartment rooms are noisy at night, but I'd pick an apartment room again. Bigger and with a kitc...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stayed at this Hotel since it opened and are like family. The service is excellent and no task too big. My husband has to visit Santiago for business and this is very central. The subway is just around the corner and buses also nearby to get around. Very quiet area at night. Nice restaurants within walking distance. Near the river so lovely to go for an early morning walk. Also good shops in the vicinity with a new large mall 15 min away.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the street because they are quieter. There are also apartments with a small k...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business