Marilu's Bed and Breakfast Hostel
  • Room Service
US$159
US$134
US$109
Le Reve Hotel Boutique(Santiago)
US$249
US$132
US$239
US$215
  • Pool
All reviewssalvador metro stationfirst floorhome away from homeyogurtown bathroomprivate bathexcellent locationwithin walking distancegreat bedchillichileanneighborhood
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a very nice B&B located on a quiet residential street, but only a few blocks from the subway. The rooms are nice and clean. They vary in size. The is one overwhelming reason to stay here -- Marilu. She was great. She help with practical things and was also our Santiago tour guide. She helped us see and experience Santiago in a way we would never have achieved on our own. She went out of her way to help us in every way.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Our stay at Marilu's was more than wonderful...we originally booked 2 nights to start, but after only a few hours after our arrival, we booked additional nights with Marilu. She is the sweetest woman; she really cares for those who are staying with her and ensures that you have as much information as possible about the city.

As with an earlier reviewer, she truly became like a Chilean mum to us :) She let us store luggage with her so we didn't have to lug it around with us, she offered to do laundry for us when she had extra space, and she was always available for any questions you may have. She speaks English, French and Spanish.

Her rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable - with SUPER comfortable beds. Although there are two shared bathrooms, there are only 5 rooms here, so we never had any trouble sharing the use of these bathrooms. The breakfast is wonderful - yogurt, cereal, cheese, ham, jams, fresh bread, avocado, tea and coffee. Guests are also able to use her kitchen and refrigerator which was also an added bonus.

The location is prime - right in the heart of Santiago, but in a quant/quiet neighborhood. Very safe and only a 5 - 7 min walk to the nearest metro station (Salvador). Again - we can’t sing our praises enough for Marilu's and hope to return again! :) Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main hallway the last bedroom on the right - fantastic / comfortable bed!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I booked this b and b for a 1 week stay before going on to Easter Island. I could not have done better. Marylu is so helpful and speaks perfect English. She is so helpful with information about the city, how to get to places, and she gives tips on how to find the best value. She is always available and works so hard to ensure you have a great stay. The beds are some of the best i´ve ever slept in. I never had a bad night and they are really comfortable. As a single traveller, I expected a small room but she gives you the best room available if no one else is in the bigger ones! I should say that I have since booked to return for 2 nights on my return north. She is happy for you to store some luggage with her too, to save you carrying everything around if you are travelling. You have the use of the kitchen and she always asked me if I wanted a cup of coffee or tea whenever I returned after a day of sightseeing. The neighbourhood is very safe and getting about is easy as it is only 10 mins walk to the Salvador metro station - she even has the ¡Bip! cards which you can buy from her and then sell back when you leave. Why a Chilean Mum you might ask... she reminds you to put sun lotion on if you stay in summer as the sun is very powerful! The rooms are quiet and the decor pleasant and colourful. Sitting round the table you meet other travellers easily and I have made some friends as a result of breakfasts at Marylu´s! Oh.. and because I stayed a week she offered to some laundry for me for free, which was an added bonus after a couple of weeks on the road!

The breakfast is more than enough. Cereals, Advocado, Yoghurt, toast, jam, cheese, meat, cake, biscuits... how much more can one eat? I am returning again in 2 weeks time and I can´t think of a better place to end my Chilean adventure.

Room Tip: Just be friendly and nice, and you will be rewarded many times over!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FionaFabBrain
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I just finished a trip to Easter Island with 2 nights each way in Santiago, Chile. Marilu's B&B met my needs very well. The rate includes a very nice room and an excellent breakfast. The B&B's location is also very convenient to the subway/metro and in a very safe section of Santiago. Best of all is the wonderful help Marilu provides on everything Santiago. She speaks perfect English.

Room Tip: Do take Transvip to and from the airport. It is a wonderful mini van company 100 percent reliable and professional in every respect.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Marilu is really friendly and helpful, when we were there she took lots of time to help us out and talk to us. The rooms were good value and the location was good, we would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet b&b in Santiago. I also forgot my hat which she is very kindly sending on to me!

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple