“Fantastic apartment, wish we'd stayed longer!”

Apart Urbano Bellas Artes
Ranked #299 of 494 Speciality Lodging in Santiago
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This apartment was a great place to start our S America trip. We stayed for 3 nights and wished we had booked longer! Everything you could need is here - a kitchen with 4ring gas hob, oven, microwave, toaster, plenty of pots, pans, plates etc and they provided some washing up liquid / a sponge too! (No teatowel but a good sized draining board!)

The bedroom was a good size especially considering you have the rest of the apartment to spread out in and the bathroom was great - bath with powerful shower over it and lots of space for toiletries. The router for the wifi was in the bedroom - no issues with signal and the speed was brilliant!

The apartment was clean and someone came by each day to replenish our towels / clean if we wanted. There was some noise from the other apartments but nothing particularly intrusive. And it was great to have a laundry room on site (right at the top of one tower block with fantastic views!) with a machine for tokens and washing powder in the ground floor walkway by the lift. Very convenient!

We also loved the location - close to the main square, metro station, gardens with amazing viewpoint and the all important supermarket. We didn't eat out in the end as we so enjoyed cooking for ourselves after 3 months away but I'm sure restaurants wouldn't be hard to find.

Overall excellent value and we'd happily go back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Priya L
There are newer reviews for Apart Urbano Bellas Artes

Reviewed 3 November 2013

If you enjoy room service, bell hops, and nice hotel design, then this is not it. The building itself is plain and rather ugly, but the apartments are another story. At least the one I stayed in, which was modern, from the furnishings to the tv. No AC, but open the windows and you are fine. Overall, for the price and location, and the spaciousness of having your own apartment, its a good option. Just don't stay here, again, if you need daily assistance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a kind of residence or Aparthotel with decent but tiny rooms spread over a huge 4 towers-20 floors condo close to Santa Lucia metro station.
Although location and rooms are quite good I would recommend to avoid staying in this hotel.
Firstly, the managers take care of customers in a very sporadic and minimal way. I tried to change my reservation calling the telephone number reported in Tripadvisor but no-one answered my calls, I also have tried to contact the managers during my stay using the phone in my room but, again, they were most of the times away or just they didn't answer.
Secondly, the rooms of this hotel are not on the same floor or wing of the condo, they are just spread over the 20 floors of 4 towers. My neighbor was a young student that is used to have parties every night. The last night they had a sort of "animal" party that lasted from 9:00 PM until 7:00 AM.. just impossible to sleep. Furthermore, the other neighbor had a dog used to bark all the night long. So, believe me, if you would like to relax and sleep a little bit, just avoid this place.

Room Tip: You may want to ask the manager to provide you with the background files of your neighbors...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Francesco G
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We decided to book a apartment in Santiago as it was the cheaper option, even to a hostel. As we are on the road for a while, we hoped that we would have also some kind of "home"-feeling in an apartment.

The location is great, the city center is just a few blocks away and also the bar/restaurant hip area of the city is just a few minutes by foot. Just next to the building is a big Express Lider supermarket. The facilities are fantastic and you get the home feeling.

You just have to be aware, that the kitchen is not perfectly equipped. They really could provide salt, pepper and oil to cook. The provided cooking supplies are basic and there is no towel to dry the dishes. I would suggest, they should equip the kitchen a little bit better, but nevertheless the apartment is great.

Just note, this is not a hotel as some might guess. There is no reception or concierge etc. There is only a registration office.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Pros : great rate, clean and almost new apartment, big flat tv with satellite programming. Excellent location to explore downtown Santiago. Bed was comfy and warm.
Cons : some standard equipment was missing (kettle or coffee maker, iron, bed side lamp, hair dryer). I guess you can get them on demand - I didn't need them so I didn't ask.
No heating or air conditioning equipment !! For most days that's not a problem in Santiago, except for the few days when is very cold or very hot.
Noise insulation is unknown in Chile so I recomend to use ear plugs. One night there was a big fight in the upper floor and I felt like I was in the middle of that !!
The manager could smile from time to time : She was professional but not welcoming at all. Anyway, I would recommend this hotel if you go in spring or autumn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I'll start with the good; the location is convenient, but there are also plenty of other options available in the area.

If the mission statement of this company is to abolutely cock-up everything they do then they are a resounding success. We had organised to check in at 2pm on Sunday, at 11.30 we received a phone call to tell us that they were waiting for us to check in. We rushed down to the building only to find that therr was nobody in the office. We waited, with all of our luggage in the foyer for an hour before anyone was able to check us in. We were then checked in to a 1 bedroom apartment rather than the 2 bedroom we had booked. We were told there was a plumbing problem in our original room and it would be available in the morning. Despite the fact we had been told that our room was ready and we had waited for an additional hour when we were taken up to our room the maid was still making the beds and the bathroom was filthy. They had also only provided us with towels for 2 people despite having booked for 3, and were unable to contact management or housekeeping to request more.

When I spoke to management the next morning they insisted that we should pay the full rate as we had stayed in the smaller room without complaining that night. When I pointed out that we could not complain as they were uncontactable she offered us a 5 thousand peso (approx $12AUD) discount. We were promised our new room would be ready by midday; at 2.30pm we were told our new 2 bedroom, loft apartment was ready we were escorted to level 6 of a 30 storey building to a dingy 1.5 bedroom unit with an outstanding view of the carpark. The "fully equipped" kitchen has 2 wineglasses, 4 coffee mugs and mismatched cutlery. There were no shelves in the fridge, no cooking utensils and one saucepan with 3 lids for the 4 burner stove. Once again they left us with only 2 towels, we requested more and 5 hours later our request was fulfilled.

I cannot comprehend nor fully describe the astonishing incompetence of this company. They seem to actively loathe customers and have absolutely no concept of service. There is 1 person in the office who speaks english, she works about 2 hours a day and has the demeanor and empathy of a cane toad. They are impossible to deal with and in all honesty do not deserve to still be in business.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank yizzur
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great location and excellent service! You have everything just around the corner! You can buy food and groceries in the same block, and have museums and stores really close. It's one block away from a Metro station and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013