“Excellent service!”

Ranked #25 of 196 Hotels in Santiago
Bogota, Colombia
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The hotel has very nice and modern rooms, very clean and comfortable, but the best of all is their service. They have an outstanding customer service and great people. In my last visit I was very sick. In the moment they knew I wasn’t feeling good, everybody was looking out for me and they took great care of me; from the bellman, the front desk to the cook. I am deeply grateful with Mr. Andres Silva, who took the time to buy the medication I needed. Luckily, I am feeling good, but I look forward to my next visit to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Guest
We are pleased to know you had a good experience in our hotel, even though your sickness. We hope you get well soon, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I spent three nights here on business. We had a group rate for the conference and I must say Atton was a great value for the price.

The rooms are new, comfortable, and very modern. The breakfast buffet is huge. Judging from the crowd at the breakfast buffet, most of the other guests were Brazilians.

My only complaint: I stayed three nights but paid for four. My flight arrived at 6:30 am. They made me pay for a full night to get into tho the room before 3:00 pm. I had to get a nap so I could give a speech that day so I had no choice. I guess I'd do the same if I owned the Atton.

Two notes of caution:
1. There is another Atton in El Bosque maybe a kilometer away. One taxi driver brought me to the wrong Atton although I was very clear that I wanted Atton Vitacura.
2. If you're walking, be careful. The drivers, especially on the traffic circle a block from the hotel, do not know the concept of yielding to pedestrians.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side have a great view of the Andes -- if it's rained recently and the pol...
1 Thank Jogger-FallsChurch
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Guest
We appreciate your good review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, and we hope you visit us again soon.
About your complaint because we charged you a fourth night, unfortunately when the hotel is full we have to charge to our guests the early check in, different if we were in low season, but these months are high season for us. For your peace of mind, this happens in every hotel when high ocupancy level.
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We had a good check in with one of the front desk guy who spoke very good English. I asked him how far is it from the hotel to Borago restaurant as we had a reservation that night. He said not far and advised that hotel taxi will be more expensive and we could take the local taxi. Later that day, I went back to reception to ask to book us a local taxi for that night. At this point, it was a different man at the front desk. Later that night we went down to ask for our taxi. The same man said it will be coming in 10 minutes time. I again emphasise that I wanted a local taxi and not a hotel taxi. He said yes but he said he'll order a taxi van which will cost 7000 pesos (approx 14usd) as 2 taxis will cost more. 10 min came, still no taxi. We went to ask again, then they said taxi van is here. There was a van outside the lobby and it has been there the entire time we've been waiting. It turned out that they never called us a local taxi rather it was the hotel taxi. To make it worse the restaurant was less than 1km away and it would've cost us approx 1-2usd by a local taxi.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank ESESE
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Guest
we appreciate your feedback about your stay in Atton Vitacura, and we want you to know we are managing the problem with the taxi service.
We hope to welcome you back son
Kind Regards
Cotia, SP
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It was a 3 nights business trip. Crew members very careful and nice. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and, good beds, sheets and shower. Room-service is good and careful about the order you make, however in the restaurant the service could be a little bit slow (took me over 40 minutes to get the main course). Gym well equipped. But if you have problems to sleep with some noise of the cars (there is a express way next to the hotel), ask for top floor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Guest
We appreciate your opinion about your experience in Atton Vitacura, and we hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at Atton Vitacura for two nights and experienced nothing but great service and good food. A photoshooting was taking place hen we arrived. The photographer set his model in the backrop of the art that is placed around the hotel. But not only were the pieces of art nice to look at, but also the reception made the guest feel welcome. We later went to the restaurant and the food was equally good. Not to forget the Pisco sour! The rooms were quie spacious and clean, the bathoom had a bidet and a rain shower. The beds were extremely comfortable. Given he chance, we'll be back! The breakfast had a lot of variety of hot and cold dishes (unlike the Dazzler Tower San Telmo, if you read my previous post). The coffee - but that's a peronal taste issue - was a little too weak for me.

1 Thank bpo-spam
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your good review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, we are pleased to know you had a good experience and that you want to come back. We will be waiting for you on your next trip to Santiago de Chile.
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I travel to Santiago frequently and have stayed in many hotels. The Atton Vitacura is sleek and stylish, soaring entrance with lots of natural light, and wonderful, personalized service. I speak little Spanish, and the staff is always generous, kind and helpful, with most speaking English. The rooms are modern and clean, the buffet breakfast has many selections, including fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, as well as hot dishes. I also needed help with transportation, and they were always accommodating. I will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back (north/west) to get the view of the Andes and the golf course/park!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest
We appreciate your opinion about your stay in Atton Vitacura, and we are pleased that we made you feel confident and comfortable during your stay in Santiago. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was a little leery of a few things after reading reviews about this hotel - so let me share my experiences. The quick review is: Great hotel. The long review is:

The hotel staff where friendly and most spoke very good english. I arrived early and requested to check in early. There is a 50 dollar charge for checking in early, but the staff member graciously waived that fee if I agreed to stay in a different room (I booked a king, but I ended up staying in a room with two queens). I had no issues with this and agreed.

The room was very nice, quiet, and clean. It had your typical in-room bar with beverages (alcohol, non alcohol) and snacks. The prices where pretty typical for a hotel. I was on the 18th floor and had a beautiful view of the mountains. There was also a complimentary breakfast that was probably the best free hotel breakfast I have had. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and so much more. The only issue I had is they very quickly ran out of coffee cups - but just ask for one and they will get it for you.

The restaurant I had no issues with - I went there several times for dinner and my service wasn't slow. I seated myself each time, and within minutes I received my menu and drink. The dinner order was received shortly thereafter. On average, I was in and out in 30 minutes- and if that is too slow for you, they do have a dinner buffet monday to friday at 7:15PM with great food. I did that a few times and loved it. The prices are steep - but that is normal for a hotel restaurant. If you have complaints about that, then you clearly haven't stayed at very many hotels.

I cabbed around the city a lot, and unfortunately the hotel taxi was double the price it should be (approx 7,000 peso is what it should have been, but they charge 15,000 to where I needed to go). After trying to argue with the taxi drivers, i got the same responses each time - the hotel charges 35% on top of the normal charge. On the bright side, you are able to charge it to your room and it is safe.

No coffee maker in my room, but I never use that thing anyways. I do wish they had travel cups with the complimentary breakfast though, so I could take a coffee on the road with me.

All in all I had a great experience at this hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor - The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fernanda G, Marketing Manager at Atton Vitacura, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Guest
We really appreciate your review about your stay in Atton Vitacura, we are commited to keep improving our service level so all our guests want to come back.
We look forward to welcome you again in a near future
King regards