“Almost great...”

Ranked #22 of 199 Hotels in Santiago
Mexico City, Mexico
“Almost great...”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Pros: the hotel is very well located, in one end of downtown Santiago, close to the Bellavista neighborhood, Plaza Italia and the San Cristobal hill. Close to Las Condes and Parque Arauco is around 20 mins by Taxi. The rooms look very clean, well lit, nice shower. The best of the hotel without a doubt is the staff, the girl that welcomed me (Elisa I guess is her name) allowed me to do early check-in, and the rest of the staff is great and made me feel very welcome. Overall it was almost a great stay, however the hotel had 2 inconvenient things. First, the air conditioning was a little noisy. The second and probably the most important, the windows were not sound proof, so at dawn I could hear some youngsters outside the hotel laughing and screaming, right outside the hotel. I would deffinitely recommend to others , a great value for what I paid.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 April 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were warmly welcomed and delighted by Su Merced. The staff was wonderful, service was impeccable and generous, rooms were cozy and modern (and quiet), design is stylish and well thought out, food is simply DELICIOUS, location was perfect and central. We always have a lot of questions when exploring a new city, and appreciate any and all local/insider's tips. The staff went out of their way to help and answer any inquiries we threw their way. Highly recommended - you won't be disappointed. We would return again in a heartbeat and hope to again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Santiago to celebrate our 1 yr. anniversary. We couldn't be happier with our stay. This is a great little boutique hotel, ideally located in a very central location just minutes from a central Metro stop. The hotel is very thoughtfully designed and outfitted with comfortable furnishings and ammenities. Comfortable bed, excellent showers and huge bath towels! The included breakfast is excellent and the welcome drink upon arrival is a really nice touch.

Both Constanza and Javier, along with the entire staff on hand were really great and very helpful. They were always happy to help answer any questions we had and went out of their way to help us organize dinner reservations etc...

We'd recommend Su Merced to any of our friends/family, If we ever make it back to Santiago, Su Merced will be our first choice to check for availability!

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 8 April 2013

From the time I got the front door and Constanza took me under her wing until I left on the transfer van the hotel arranged, I could not have been happier with Su Merced. I was only in town for an early April weekend, and I wanted to take in as much as possible. This hotel is central to the most popular attractions, and close to the Metro and major bus lines. The park across the street was magnificent, and opening the large windows brought in the vibrancy of the city.

Absolutely no complaints about the room, and the amenities were awesome. Towels were HUGE and thick, the bed was heavenly after hiking nearly 15 miles through the city. Breakfast was awesome and the evening meals looked very good, though I chose to eat farther afield.

I will book this lovely place again when I return.

Room Tip: North facing rooms have windows opening onto the park across the street - a bit noisier, but engagin...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The hotel has its charm. Everything is well done. People are very nice. Breakfast is very very good. It is well located. There is a nice terrace.

Two things I didn't enjoy: the rooms facing the main street are very noisy. If you have problems with that, don't even think about staying in on the then. The other thing is the bathroom door: it is a glass dor that does not provide acoustic isolation, if you know what I meant hehe. Anyway, it is not a huge problem, but I prefer a little more privacy.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at Su Merced in March 2013 for a total of 5 nights and are happy to report on a great stay. The service we received from the desk managers as well as the all other staff members was very proffessional and supportive. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was a delight. All in all a very enjoyable experience supprted by a team that puts emphasis on "Team Work". Highly recommended!!! Good value for money.

Room Tip: Top floor suite is the largest in the hotel with balcony. Rooms facing the main road are a little n...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We loved this hotel, very new, stylish and worth the upgrade we paid for on our tour. Staff always made us feel at home and the location is fantastic. Santiago itself was a real surprise and a big part of the experience was the Su Merced. It really was the perfect way to finish our South American holiday in style.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple