“Only 3 stars? Surprising! Wonderful hotel in a great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Ismael 312

Hotel Ismael 312
Ranked #13 of 197 Hotels in Santiago
Melbourne
“Only 3 stars? Surprising! Wonderful hotel in a great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Ismael three times (3 nights each stay) over the course of 5 weeks. I normally stay with family (having been born in Chile) but I travelled with my partner this time and I chose Hotel Ismael based on TripAdvisor reviews - I was NOT disappointed!

The staff made everything so easy! We were able to leave our suitcases at the hotel with no problems while we visited other parts of Chile. When we returned the staff remembered us and were so friendly, we were even gifted with a bottle of champagne for our loyalty on our final stay. The staff felt more like our friends! They always had a smile on their faces.

The location is great. A 10min walk to La Catedral, Plaza de Armas, Paseo Ahumada etc. A 10min walk to the pleasant Barrio Bellavista and 5mins to Calle Lastarria (Complete street name: Jose Victorino Lastarria). Living in Melbourne, I love my coffee, the only place to have a decent latte or capuccino is Cafe Wonderful on Calle Lastarria.

The breakfast was wonderful! We weren't aware that it was included in the daily rate so that was a pleasant surprise. You get to choose 5 things per breakfast (continental) - eg coffee, croissant, yoghurt (so good!), muesli and a ham & cheese toastie. There's no time limit either! You can have 'breakfast' at 9pm! (There's more substantial options like roast beef sandwiches for example).

Room servicing was impeccable. Being a woman I had clothes and shoes strewn everywhere. We arrived back to our room in the evening and WOW - my clothes were hung up / folded. My shoes were neatly in the cupboard. My makeup was all put in the bathroom. My PJs were even folded under my pillow! Very nice touch.

I do agree that the bathroom is a little small and if you're not careful with the shower head you can wet the floor a little but in the whole grand scheme of things - does this really matter when everything else is so great? A slightly wet floor definitely didn't ruin our stay! That's what towels are for right? =)

Spend a little more and get a park view room, nice view of the Parque Forestal, Cerro San Cristobal and the Andes. I've read that that side of the hotel is also quieter - I thought it was. The dogs bark a little at night from the park but that's just Santiago - stray dogs everywhere, nothing the hotel can do about that!

I see that this hotel is rated 3 stars. That is surprising as I have stayed in other 3 star hotels that didn't have half as good service and cleanliness as Hotel Ismael!

Gracias Hotel Ismael - keep up the GREAT work! =)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kjones 1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Ismael is a hotel that exemplifies quality service in a friendly atmosphere.
It was my first visit to Santiago and had no idea of what sites to see or the must do things in this lovely city. However the wonderful staff took the time to help point me in the right direction to make my stay as wonderful as it could be.
The room was very comfortable with top quality bedding and great pillows for a lovely nights sleep.
Breakfast which was included was above expectation and served with a smile.
I usually have my coffee with Soy Milk which was not available when I arrived on my first morning for breakfast. However on discovering that was my choice they had taken the time to acquire Soy Milk for my breakfast for the remainder of my time there.
I was even offered a late check out because I had a late PM flight out of Santiago.
With a fantastic location across from the park and close to the subway train and great restaurants this hotel is perfect for exploring the city.
I have stayed in great hotels all over the world but I must say the Ismael was one of the best overall experience I have had to date. 10 out of 10

Room Tip: A room facing the park or facing east towards the snow capped mountain.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Carlton B
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great location, very safe & secure, excellent staff that speak english and have great knowledge about the area. Clean modern rooms and great b'fast. Nice pool on level 9. Free wi-fi in rooms. Nice coffee shop in foyer.

Room Tip: rooms with park views are great, but the dogs fighting in the park may keep you up!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kym K K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have now spent two periods of several days in this hotel. It is a small, modern hotel in a lovely, central location across from a park and near the university part of town. The rooms are excellent, with small balconies and the central area is usually bustling with younger travellers from many countries. There is a good continental breakfast and the room rate is very reasonable for the room and location. I plan to keep staying there whenever in Santiago for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: All the rooms have good showers but no bathtub, unless you are prepared to spend much more for the o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Cleo5244
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here one night (room 513) and liked the design and location of the hotel. Located on a linear park, this hotel is near the busy Bellavista area and a nice area just to the southwest of the hotel (where we watched in style- Chile in the World Cup).
The hotel staff was nice and the complementary breakfast was perfect! The only thing missing was a nice quiet hotel bar for a quick evening night-cap. (There are some nearby restaurants, though.)

Room Tip: Ask for a nice park facing room with small balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ocean88
New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked this with some scepticism, wondering about the OTT reviews. We were lucky to get a great price on the Ismael suite and just loved it. Two small balconies with great views of snow covered mountains and overlooking Parque Forestal, wonderful bathroom space. If you like conventional bathroom layouts this would not suit but this is boutique, luxury and quirky.
The food (breakfast was included) was ok, we got a little confused about what it covered, for instance the muesli and yoghurt are not on the menu & we didn't realise we could have that as well until our last day. If breakfast is not included there are many cafes around that would be fine.
The staff were unfailingly charming and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them to either advise or arrange.
The location is wonderful. For restaurants in Lastarria such as Opera and Mulatto and so many more it's perfect. A short walk to Santa Lucia, Bellavista, the main squares. We really enjoyed La Vega Central and Mercado Central. La Vega Central was a delight of colour and people watching. An accidental stumbling on the changing of the guard at the Presidential palace was a ,plus.

Room Tip: The Ismael Suite overlooking Parque Forestal was very quiet & the views great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zorro657
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

A wonderfully-located boutique hotel near to both the city centre and to the trendier, younger parts of Santiago. Rooms immaculate if slightly on the small side. The service was impeccable, however, which makes a difference when you’re only staying somewhere for a brief period, as I was. The breakfast was somewhat basic (muesli, fruit and yoghurt), but pleasant. There was also a swimming pool. It’s small, but personable, light and beautifully designed. I was only staying overnight before flying onto Argentina, and I’d definitely recommend it from that perspective, although the EcoHotel is around the same price (albeit slightly farther out of town) and edges it out just in terms of sheer personality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo