“It's just so darn good! It's REALLY that good.”
Review of Dos54

Dos54
Ranked #1,047 of 4,579 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary, Diner, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Three levels and a terrace welcome costumers from breakfast to lunch, accommodating up to 150 people, offering an exceptional executive gourmet lunch experience in he heart of one of the most busy business districts of Santiago. Close to many hotels and apart hotels (Radison, Intercontinental, Atton, and others) and walking distance from Tobalaba Metro Station and other public transportation.The menu includes soups, salads and main courses prepared with the best regional ingredients fresh from Santiago's main farmers market.A special feature includes the fresh daily baked goodies.
florida
“It's just so darn good! It's REALLY that good.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have to admit we were skeptical before going in. We had tried several of the top 10 rated restaurants on TripAdvisor while in Santiago. This was the best surprise we found!
We were there over Christmas/New Years holiday. The restaurant is tucked away about a half block off a main road. Don't let the location fool you. It is frequented mostly by business people on breakfast or lunch (hence, not open for dinner). We went for lunch at the end of lunchtime on December 30th.
First off, the staff is phenomenal. The host at the front door seated us, and we were promptly greeted by the waitress. The chef (and part owner) then came over to explain some of the menu and see if we had any questions. He studied in the states, so his English was almost perfect (which helped with ordering!)
I ordered a pork dish (I forget the name), my wife ordered soup and salad, and for our kids we got the chicken strips and fries.
Ok, first my dish...wow. Best thing I ate in Chile. Beats all the steak & seafood I ate anywhere else. It was incredibly flavorful! I had mixed sauteed vegetables with it. These are not just any vegetables either. So much attention is obviously put into perfecting these dishes and making sure that the spices compliment each other, (I had to ask what was in them...the chef was hesitant...but told me. It amounted to no less than 5 different spices!).
My wife started with the tomato soup...soooo good. Not just the run of the mill tomato soup. A nice creamy blend made it taste great. Salad was fresh, crisp and cold. Like a salad should be. Dressing seemed to be made from scratch and was a nice creamy type, lemon perhaps? Not too overpowering.
Now my kids had chicken and fries. Any surprise there? yep. Probably the only place we ate that my kids seemed to get fresh cut fries, and obviously made from scratch chicken strips with breading that was perfect (obviously hand made bread crumbs too). Lightly fried. Not greasy on either, just crispy and perfect. It's hard to make fries and and chicken strips that someone wold compliment, but again the proof is in the details.
Host came over a few times to see if we needed anything, waitress came by ample times, and the chef himself came over a few times to chat and make sure everything was just right.
AND....clean. The entire place looked clean! I know that sounds obvious, but many places we ate in just didn't seem to care about cleanliness.
Don't expect dinner there. As I said there is none, and the chef/owner wants to keep it that way as he enjoys his life. And who can blame him? he does what he does, and he does it well!
Also, the prices are an outstanding value for this quality of food.
Don't skip this place!!
Eat at a few other places, then eat here, and you'll see the difference.
I would definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tabascov

Fort Myers
“Best lunch in Santiago”
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

While vacationing in Santiago, we had lunch at Dos 54. I can't speak highly enough about the quality and taste of the food, nor about the warm reception we received. We were personally greeted by the chef. Every staff person went out of their way to make sure we and our small children were happy. The food was incredible. Attention was paid to every detail, every spice, and every preparation method. The menu del dia was a good value. They even surprised us with desserts on our way out. What more could you ask? Best meal we had in Chile- hands down.

• Visited December 2013
Bellefontaine, Ohio
“Excellent food, well prepared”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Knowing the owners of this wonderful restaurant I expected a well-managed business with delicious food. I was not disappointed. Service is generally excellent and staff friendly and accomadating.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Muy Cerca El Atton Bosque”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Right around the corner from my hotel I discovered a new place for lunch--fantastic food, lovely decor, and owners speak english for those who do not speak spanish. Nice to eat a gournet lunch that is not overpriced. Wayne in Columbus, Ohio usa

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Delicious food, amazing environment! Perfect for lunch breaks and casual work meetings... The service is great and the food is reasonably priced! Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013