“Hotel is good. However...”

Plaza El Bosque San Sebastian
Ranked #27 of 204 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Room is good. There is a kitchen (useless place), small bathroom and tiny shower cabin. Breakfast is very nice. Staff does not really tend to help. First answer is NO! You have to book a taxi 1 day in advance. We had an overnight in Santiago between the flights and we couldn't know it. We had to go to the airport at 5-30am. There was no hotel taxi available and they say they can't call another taxi and they suggest that we just go with luggage and take taxi in the street. We definitely told them what we thought about it, after that taxi appeared in 5 mins.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alina B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed 4 nights at this Hotel. Everything was actually ok. The Staff, Location, Breakfast etc.
Except the room I got was kinda weird, it is spacious but the distribution of the room was really bad, I had a living room which I didn't use because there are only little sofas and a table, no tv or anything that keeps you there. A kitchen which had everything but I am not there to cook anything, the bath was clean and ok, but kinda old. my room was good but as I said a bit small for this kind of Hotel. Everything divided by walls, makes it look like small.

I somehow have the feeling that I got one of the not so attractive rooms. Anyways I won't risk again as there are many choices in Santiago. And I am often there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Its located in one of the best neighborhoods in Santiago, Las Condes. Rooms are large and have a complete kitchen as well. Employees at front desk speak at least 03 languages (Portuguese included). Breakfast was delicious. I would come back for sure!

Room Tip: Lower floors are better due to earthquakes possibility!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guismarques
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My room was clean, bright, and I was surprised that it had two bedrooms and baths! It was like an apartment that someone else cleans :)

The staff was very helpful and patient with my limited Spanish, most spoke English. The location was great.

I recommend to walk around the corner to their sister Plaza El Bosque hotel that has a rooftop bar, it was wonderful with a great view. You can even charge your meal/drinks to your room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hollychase123
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We spent 8 days in this pleasent hotel. 2 blocks from a subway station, delicious breakfast (could have some variation, but options were great), 5 minutes walking to a big mall and supermarket. Staff is perfect, always helpful and obliging. Bed is so comfortable I overslept some days.only problems were the traffic noise in the mornings and bathroom door that did not lock. I will consider this hotel when flying back to Santiago.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 1 and 2, they are noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dcastelucci
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Good hotel, nice staff,clean and comfortable rooms. Good breakfast.wonderful place to stay.There no swiming pool/gym , only very poor fitness room. But i used gym of Plaza El Bosque Ebro Hotel that is placed only 100m from Plaza El Bosque Suites

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I booked El Bosque at the very last minute, so didn't do much research on the hotel ahead of time. I had the worst stay here that I've ever had a hotel, all due to the horrible service of the staff. I honestly felt as if they wanted my stay to be horrendous, as there wasn't even an attempt for them to pretend to be helpful.

The issues we faced are too long to go into detail, but in short:
- no AC in room (and no one would help us fix that)
- front desk provided incredibly wrong directions
- front desk refused to call a taxi service for us and said we could only take their private car, otherwise we were on our own
- front desk sent us in circles trying to book a massage (front desk to phone operator to some other guy back to front desk, etc etc)
- disgusting (literally, disgusting) "health room" - which is a closet next to the parking garage with a fold out massage table and a tea candle
- overcharged us for massages, had to argue for them to bill us the price that was listed on the spa menu, and then after they said the overcharge would be removed from our bill, it wasn't
- the list goes on..

We ran into another American in the lobby who commented that there was certainly a lack of hospitality at this hotel... so at least it wasn't just us!

While it's in a safe, quiet neighborhood, there are so many better hotel options nearby. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends