“The South "American" burger experience”
Review of Uncle Fletch

Uncle Fletch
Ranked #14 of 4,616 Restaurants in Santiago
Cuisines: American, Chilean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The South "American" burger experience”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Having entered Uncle Fletch's burger bar a little later than planned (around 10pm) I was expecting a quieter atmosphere with a sporadic collection of late night burger fiends. This was not the case. There was a wave of conversations greeting us as we entered, with almost every seat taken up by groups of late twenty something trendy so and so's. This most definitely had an American vibe to it, akin to the gastro/micro brewery pubs of the Northern American States. We were swiftly taken to our seats by the window, which unfortunately looked onto a very stubborn and ill placed hedge. I ordered a leffe from their extensive beer menu, which is pleasantly consistent with the feel of the eatery. There are several burgers to choose from with the usual sides and starters expected of such a place. I opted for the Big Texan burger with fries and coleslaw to accompany and a portion of onion rings to share as a starter. The onion rings came promptly, but still had the golden crisp of something which had been freshly fried to order. They tasted fine if not rather unspectacular with a serving dip of salsa verde and creme fresh. The waitress then apologised for not having brought plates to accompany the starter, but I must confess I hadn't noticed and the apology seemed like a nice and proper touch. The Big Texan burger came loaded with BBQ sauce, smoked bacon and onion rings. The pate was juicy and well cooked whilst none of the toppings overpowered the overall flavour of the burger. The brioche bun was slightly sweet for my taste, but that is a danger with brioche and more of a personal preference than a complaint. The coleslaw was plain and a little lifeless and the chips were nothing worthy of remembrance; there's no doubt that the burgers are the pride and showcase of the bar. The bill came to 26,000 pesos for 2 beers, 1 coke, a starter and 2 burgers, which is very good value for that part of the city. I would not rush back, but this little burger bar offers enough charm and taste sensations to warrant a second venture.

1 Thank WastedYouth90

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice food and place”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went to this restaurant upon the recommendation of some of my local friends and was amazingly surprised about the quality of the food which where excellent and the atmosphere of the place which will make me definitely go back if ever I would have the chance to.

“Best burgers ever !”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stoped by curiosity last night to see what this new buger restaurant was worth . I was really satisfied the place is charming , very good quality food and services . I have never eaten such a good burger , they are tasty and made with high quality food ! And the fries are just perfect !!
The service is great such as the beer variaty !
I love the place and will certainly be back soon !

Paris, France
“Best burger ever 😍”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Hey everyone! I went for dinner at uncle fletch while i was in santiago. As i'm fond of burger, i expect a lot. I can say that this is the best burger i have ever eat. The atmosphere is so cool waiters laugh with us people are really nice. The food is delicious because all ingredients are really fresh. Mmmm just thinking about it i feel hungry. Please try it you won't be disappointed. And you can make sure that you will make some friends! Hope they will open one in france asap!!!!!

Nottingham
“Great Burgers, beer & service”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

So glad we decided to try this place. We were really well looked after and they made sure we got an english speaking waiter but all the staff were great. An excellent range of burgers including some interesting veggie options (the quinoa buger I had has to rate as one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had) and my wife thought her beef one was superb. Our waiter was lovely and gave us lots of help choosing some excellent Chilean beers. I thought the whole setting was just right, good decour and music level perfect. I'm not sure if I'll ever be in this part of the world again but if I am I'll certainly be heading to Uncle Fletch. Cheers!

• Visited January 2014