The last hotel in a five week organised tour of Peru, Bolivia and Santiago, this place represented a lot of the worst aspects of South American hotels:
1) dated and tatty decor
2) poorly functioning lifts ( I was on the ninth floor and the lifts regularly refused to of further than the fifth)
3) zero noise insulation between room and rest of hotel and to the outside world.
4) no room ventilation so you had to have the window open and then it was really noisy
5) poor reception staff that didn't have much clue about anything
6) poor security. I heard someone relating a story about how a bag being held in reception had been stolen
7) rooms not ready at check in time which wastes previous hours when you are only visiting a place for a short time
On the plus side, it is in a good location for visiting the city.
I stayed on in Santiago for four extra nights. I didn't stay here any longer than I had o and so not regret it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Libertador reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Libertador Hotel Santiago