Open today: 08:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Great Horseback Riding Tour

I wanted to horseback ride for my birthday and luckily I was able to find a company that would... read more

Reviewed 29 September 2019
Leoshay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
via mobile
Amazing experience

I had a great experience with this agency here in Chile!! I recommend it to anyone who is looking... read more

Reviewed 15 December 2018
martinpearce178
Munich, Germany
via mobile

All reviews horseback ride horses company airbnb beginners facts
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2016

The first tour my wife and I took was a Valparaiso area day tour with Victor and Jana. It was like hanging out with good friends and I can't imagine a better tour. They knew where to eat, drink, and see amazing art. The day felt like an enchanting dream, with lots of memories being made as we cruised through this very special place. If we went on our own, we would of never found parking, ate God-knows-where and probably been fairly stressed. Instead, we sat back, relaxed and let quality people lead the way for us.

Our second tour was a day trek to a hot springs in Maipo. Elvis was our guide, and Ignacio was our interpreter. It was an absolutely beautiful place and a wonderful experience. Maipo is an amazing place that makes you feel like you are the subject of a Nat Geo special. It can be tricky without a local guide to not only find the hot springs, but to avoid some of the pitfalls nature can throw at you. Elvis and Ignacio kept us safe, and absolutely wowed us with stories of the local culture.

Can't recommend these tours enough, these tours made our experiences better, much better than if we had attempted them on our own. We are very capable travelers, but nobody knows the people and it's landscape like the people who live there.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We drove up the coast from Santiago to Punta de Choros, encountering incredible wildlife, culture, and scenery along the way. Our guide, Guillermo, was incredibly friendly knowledgeable, and reliable.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

For some reason Flexa Extrema is classified under "Food and Drink" on Tripadvisor, so you won't find it in the list of the best outdoor activities in Santiago. When you are planning your trips around the city, therefore, it's easy to miss Extrema, and we originally booked with another company highly ranked in the "Outdoor Activities" category. In the end, however, the other company (which is apparently overloaded) had to cancel our trips for that week and recommended Extrema -- and we were lucky to meet Jana and Victor and spend two awesome days with them.

My wife and I have traveled a lot in the last years and visited all the continents. In the process we have tried many different day trips, and I have to say Jana and Victor gave us the absolutely best experience. On Tuesday we went to Valparaiso, with great wine tasting on the way (and awesome sea lions and pelicans near the harbor). We celebrated our five-year anniversary, and Jana and Victor gave us an extra sparking wine tasting as a present on the way back. On Wednesday we went to the Andes -- this tour is well described by other commentators here, so I won't write much about it. We had a bit of bad luck concerning the weather, and Jana and Victor did all they could to adapt the trip to the weather situation.

Date of experience: July 2016
FlechaExtrema, Manager at Turismo Flecha Extrema, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

Hi Tom,

it was our pleasure meeting you two! You are an amazing couple and we enjoyed every minute with you. I hope you will come back soon or we will travel tp Prague to discover the beauty of your city!! :)
Big hugs to your wife and children from us.
See you very soon.
Best wishes from Santiago!

Jana

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Wow what an experience!!
Jana and Victor are really great people - warm, friendly, professional, and thoroughly care about you having a good experience and about you in general! I got to ride a wonderful horse and had a very memorable day in the stunning nature. With local cowboys, great guides, secure and well-trained horses - and of course a couple of dogs!

Even though my time in Santiago is limited I hope to be able to do it again, if not then this is for sure top of the list next time I return. Some organisational things were also very handy, like being picked up from just outside my door - and the lunch, Chilean empanadas, was tasty. Make sure to wear jeans or something similar, however the saddles were typical Chilean style and comfortable to sit in for hours! It is worth the trip even just to see the horse culture/nature/or meet the great people alone. All three combined made it certainly something I will remember :)

I highly recommend!!!

1  Thank LinaLefstad

Dear Lina,
what an amazing riding tour with you. We hope to see you again soon - to go for another riding tour into the andes with "casanova" :-)
I hope you are enjoying your time in Chile!
See you soon! You are a very special person with a super smile that makes everyday a happy day!
Best wishes from Santiago,

Jana

Reviewed 29 June 2016

My girlfriend and I signed up for the winter snowshoe hike in the Andes and we were not disappointed! We were met by our awesome tour guide in the morning at the airbnb address we provided the day prior. Our guide spoke perfect english and was extremely informative about the local area and the tour we were about to embark on. After loading up in the van we drove about an hour and a half to San Jose de Maipo where we enjoyed a nice breakfast and some coffee before driving the remaining distance to the valley where we would begin our hike. Our tour group consisted of the two of us plus one other couple. Once we arrived at the valley the views were absolutely breathtaking and our guide led us on a wonderful hike which allowed for great pictures along the way! I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone looking for a nice outdoor adventure in the mountains when visiting Santiago! Flecha Extrema went above and beyond to make sure my girlfriend and I had an unforgettable experience while visiting Santiago!

Date of experience: June 2016