“Lovely, friendly and convenient !”

Chile Wine Trails -Tours
Ranked #40 of 115 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chile Wine Trails is a personalised wine tour company, focused on small, personal tours, to help you discover Chile's diverse wine regions and experience more of this beautiful country. We have done all the hard work so that you can relax and enjoy a day of wine discovery.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hi. I live in Chile, and many times I have visited wineries with friend coming from abroad. There are plenty of wineries around Santiago, some very good with great infrastructure and good service for tourists and some other very poor in both. Obviously if you are on your own without much information you might run into very bad an expensive wine experiences.
A few months back I did this wine tour with Kylie and a group of friends and we visited a couple of very nice wineries and had a lovely lunch. It is really nice and convenient when you have someone to take care of coordinating all the activities involved in wine tours, especially when you plan to visit more than one place at a time (transportation, visit to the winery, the wine warehouse, the tasting, shopping, lunch, the next winery, then coffe and aspirins ;-)
I have to say that Kylie made an amazing job doing all the coordination for us, so that we could just get on the van and relax and enjoy the day. And we sure did. Got 6 bottles to prove it. Cheers !!!

2  Thank mbelmar
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for your review. It was fun to spend the day with a nice group of people who all live here in Santiago. Let's do it again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I hadn't been to South America before, and not being fluent in Spanish I felt a bit out of my depth. Unlike other wine regions I've been to, Santiago doesn't really offer winery tours with lunch that are reasonably priced, and the public holidays are confusing, as I was never sure what was open. Kylie planned the whole day, and found some real Chilean gems, and not only the wine but the food as well. One winery host was amazing, the conviviality, and the food was perfect, he matched the food and wine beautifully and was willing to share a lot of interesting information - I didn't want to leave!

She tailored the tour to my likes and interests, and there were some surprises on the way too - finding a llama or 2 amongst the vines. It was a great day out, found some real gems, and my new favourite wine style is Carmenère.

Thanks Kylie!

1  Thank GNome2014

Thank you for your review! What a fun day we had in beautiful, sunny Casablanca. Hope you can join me again sometime soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

On my first ever visit to Santiago de Chile, I contacted Kylie to ask if she would be able to do a relaxed gourmet wine visit and lunch near Santiago. I had been traveling for 6 weeks on long distance buses from Buenos Aires to Patagonia and then back up to Santiago. I wanted a low-key lunch that would out of, but within an hour, of the city. Most importantly, I wanted to treat myself to some great Chileno food and wine!

Kylie had a small lunch tour going to a gorgeous winery called Casas del Bosque about 1 hour west of Santiago de Chile (on the road to Valparaiso). Kylie took us there for a bit of wine tasting and a scrumptious 5-course lunch. Immediately the waiter arrived at our table with a lovely freshly cooked bread and the ubiquitous Chilena salsa of pebre, along with a lovely glass of Sauvignon Blanc.

Many of the courses were served with some of the top wines that this bodega produces, including a delicious Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot. The wine and food pairings were fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed every lip-smacking course... and every wine that went with it.

At the end of the meal, I for one didn't really want to go on the scheduled wine tour, opting instead to sit on the lovely couches in the tranquil garden at the winery and have another class of their Gran Reserva Pinot. Kylie quickly reorganised with the winery and I had another leisurely hour in the garden before we headed back to Santiago.

Kylie did a fabulous job organising a perfect day out - easy travel distance, delicious food and wine in a very low key and tranquil setting, away from the hustle-bustle of the city. I give Kylie 5 stars for great personalised service. She delivered a tour that had everything that I wanted... and more. I will definitely do another tour with Kylie when I am next back in Santiago!

1  Thank chezqu

Thanks for your review. I know your tour was a while ago, and I'm so glad that it was still fresh in your mind by the time we were listed here on TripAdvisor. And with great photos too! I hope to see you if you're back in Chile sometime soon. Best wishes!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I was in Chile last December when I had the opportunity to take a wine tour organized by Chile Wine Trails and it was fantastic. Everything was greatly organized, programmed into details. We visited two wineries: Casablanca and Indomita. in between the two visits, we had lunch in a typical Chilean restaurant: the food was very tasteful, great service, good wine. A restaurant I would definitely recommend to everybody.

1  Thank coloreblu
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your great review. I really enjoyed hosting you on the tour during your time in Chile, and I'm so glad you liked the restaurant and wineries that I chose. I hope to see you again in Chile!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

A friend of mine from the States was coming to visit me in Santiago and I knew she'd want to visit some Chilean wineries. However, I also knew I didn't want to deal with the hassles of a car rental nor did I want us to go on some generic wine tour that my friend could find in southern California. Enter Kylie.

I had already attended several wine events organized by Kylie and was impressed. So I asked her if she could help me out. And to make things even slightly more complicated, I asked if she could pick us up outside of Santiago as we'd be in Valparaiso first. Kylie asked some questions: types of wineries (big/small/organic), budget, lunch, times, etc. She then provided me with a couple of options from which to choose.

It was a great day! We were picked up in the plaza of a small town outside Valparaiso. We toured two wineries, had a fantastic lunch at one of the area's top restaurants, and were driven back to Santiago. Everything that I had requested - pick-up, wine tours, lunch, transportation - was taken care of. I just showed up and enjoyed the day with my friend. And it didn't break my bank either. Can't recommend the tours enough.

1  Thank Feliz_in_Chile
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thanks for the great feedback and review. I'm glad you both had a good time, and I hope you can join me again for future explorations.