“A friendly, knowledgeable guide for fun wine excursions!”

Chile Wine Trails -Tours
Ranked #35 of 108 Food & Drink in Santiago
More attraction details
Owner description: Chile Wine Trails is a personalised wine tour company, focused on small, personal tours, to help you discover Chile's diverse wine regions and experience more of this beautiful country. We have done all the hard work so that you can relax and enjoy a day of wine discovery.
TX
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“A friendly, knowledgeable guide for fun wine excursions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

With Kylie, you get the inside scoop on wineries, restaurants, activities and venues throughout Chile’s wine regions, pointers for your travels in and outside of Santiago, and most of all a gracious, uber-comptent tour guide who has the connections and knowledge to get you where you want to go. We’ve been with her on a couple of trips to vendimias around Santiago, and she has a knack for putting together fun groups of people who share a love of wine and an eagerness to make new friends. She takes care of everything -- at very reasonably prices -- and sets the right pace, so all you have to do is enjoy the wine!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ryanr98
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Great review, thank you! Vendimia is my favourite time of year in Chile, and it's been a pleasure to share them with you. Hope to see you on another trip soon!

Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic start to our holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Kylie provided the best possible start to our holiday with the day she arranged for our group-some of whom had visited Chile before. We visited three quite different wineries and lunched at a restaurant that served local Chilean food. She gave us an interesting insight into life in Chile,answering any questions and inviting more. It was extremely well organised and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the day (and the wine,especially the clay pot red). I would recommend a tour arranged by Kylie without hesitation.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hfra3300
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thanks for your great review, and thank you for your recent referral. It was great to have you along on tour, and I hope you are enjoying the rest of your time in South America.
Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect combination for a full day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I moved from Paris to Santiago 5 months ago and discovered that wine tours in Chile’s central valley are the perfect combination for a full day out near Santiago. The first time I joined Kylie on one of her tours I was surprised to find out how much can be done in one day when things are well organized. Starting in a van from a central meeting point near the metro in Santiago, we headed off to places like Pirque or Casablanca. We were able to visit 2-3 wineries without any rush, which included a guided tour through the vineyard as well as wine tasting. You get to find out really interesting details about wine production while enjoying the beautiful landscape and tasting a variety of excellent wines. All of this combined with a top quality 3 course lunch in one the selected restaurants (and yes, more wine, all included) makes you feel like you’ve been away on a weekend holiday. Of course you will not resist the temptation to bring back home a couple of bottles of wine, as the prices are lower at the wineries. Considering that all of this happens in one single day and that you don’t have to worry about any of the logistics, which in my experience have always run very smoothly, I can say that these tours are definitely good value for money. I very much enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and all the information provided by Kylie. She responded really well to the interests, preferences and questions of the group, an excellent wine tour organizer! You don’t rush from one place to another as it often happens with tourist groups. Her groups were also a very nice mix of both foreigners and Chileans so you get more of a local experience touring with these bilingual groups. I will certainly join her on a new tour in the near future. Cheers…

Visited February 2014
1 Thank DannyChile
Thanks for your great review. I look forward to having you along on another tour soon!
Santiago de Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely, friendly and convenient !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Hi. I live in Chile, and many times I have visited wineries with friend coming from abroad. There are plenty of wineries around Santiago, some very good with great infrastructure and good service for tourists and some other very poor in both. Obviously if you are on your own without much information you might run into very bad an expensive wine experiences.
A few months back I did this wine tour with Kylie and a group of friends and we visited a couple of very nice wineries and had a lovely lunch. It is really nice and convenient when you have someone to take care of coordinating all the activities involved in wine tours, especially when you plan to visit more than one place at a time (transportation, visit to the winery, the wine warehouse, the tasting, shopping, lunch, the next winery, then coffe and aspirins ;-)
I have to say that Kylie made an amazing job doing all the coordination for us, so that we could just get on the van and relax and enjoy the day. And we sure did. Got 6 bottles to prove it. Cheers !!!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank mbelmar
Kylie S, Owner at Chile Wine Trails -Tours, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review. It was fun to spend the day with a nice group of people who all live here in Santiago. Let's do it again soon!
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ticked all the boxes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I hadn't been to South America before, and not being fluent in Spanish I felt a bit out of my depth. Unlike other wine regions I've been to, Santiago doesn't really offer winery tours with lunch that are reasonably priced, and the public holidays are confusing, as I was never sure what was open. Kylie planned the whole day, and found some real Chilean gems, and not only the wine but the food as well. One winery host was amazing, the conviviality, and the food was perfect, he matched the food and wine beautifully and was willing to share a lot of interesting information - I didn't want to leave!

She tailored the tour to my likes and interests, and there were some surprises on the way too - finding a llama or 2 amongst the vines. It was a great day out, found some real gems, and my new favourite wine style is Carmenère.

Thanks Kylie!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank GNome2014
Thank you for your review! What a fun day we had in beautiful, sunny Casablanca. Hope you can join me again sometime soon.