“Great value friendly staff”

Apart Hotel Cambiaso
Ranked #10 of 475 Speciality Lodging in Santiago
Wellington
“Great value friendly staff”
Reviewed 9 January 2010

Cambiaso is a bit of a mystery. They don't seem to advertise except on line but are always full. Book ahead to avoid disappointment. Their rooms are cheaper and larger than other apartment hotels in the Providencia area of Santiago. Use of the gym and pool next door is extra.

Staff speak English well and are very friendly. Though double bookings and changes to reservations seemed to be common. The hotel is located next to Hotel Neruda on Pedro de Valdivia though has no signage (walk through the alley towards the gym and go to room 1217 for the Cambiaso office).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I chose the Cambiaso after searching a lot. In Santiago hotele are a little expensive, and there are not so many options etither. Finally I took an executive apartment. It was excelent: spacious, clean, friendly and polite attendant. In a neighborhood with nice hotels and eating options, shopping mall, very close to a safe and "medium class" metro station, so you can walk wasily around, felling safe.
The building is just by the Neruda Hotel, you have to look a little for it, though it is in a big building the entrance is not so obvious.
Really the best choice. Take it!

Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed 30 October 2009

My friend and I stayed in the Apart hotel Cambiaso, for a week of vineyard tours and wine tasting. The staff were very friendly upon our arrival (note, if you book through Expedia, they will not take money from your account, you pay upon arrival) and helped us to plan our week of excursions and visits. Our room was Basic but clean and contained all the things stated on the website. The hotel is placed in the centre of the business district and is surrounded by shopping centres and lots of restaurants and cafes. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the metro system which is very easy to use.

This hotel is very cheap and ideally situated as a base to tour the city of Santiago and Chile as a whole. If I return to Santiago again in the future I will defiantly be using Apart Hotel Cambiaso.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Just came back from Santiago where I was hosted at Cambiaso Apart Hotel.
Even though I was a little concerned about the last review, we had absolutely no problems. All of our belongings were perfectly safe! However, it's easy to pass from one apartment to the other trough the balcony, wich is why we were really carefull locking the doors to the balcony.

The room was called "VIP D" and it was brand new and clean. It's possible to cook there, and the housekeeper cleans everything after!

The staff was always very nice and helpfull. I actually borrowed a cel phone from them while I was there with no cost at all! They were also very helpfull giving us directions and trip advices.

Location is perfect!

I

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Asuncion, Paraguay
Reviewed 15 June 2009

When my husband and I got to the Apart Hotel Cambiaso in Santiago, Chile on May 2009, we requested the safety box key so we could store our money.

My husband and I are not big spenders and we pay most of our purchases wih credit card, so we travel light in cash, although we always carry some dollars in case of emergency, and are always very careful to store it safely so it doesn´t get lost or stolen.

The first thing we did when we got there was to change some dollars into local currency, and the remaining money went back to the safety box. My husband hid the key out of sight. We spent five nights in this hotel, and as I said before, we are not big spenders, so we didn´t open the safe again for the remaining of our stay.

On our final morning, my husband went to check out of the Hotel and pay our bills while I finished packing. When he returned, he opened the Safety Box and our money was gone, except for just one bill. We were absolutely shocked, this had never happened to us before, since we always take safety measures, and though we were warned that Chile is reknown for its petty thieves and criminals, we didn´t think this would happen inside our own Hotel Room.

Although the Hotel fares were really cheap, the accomodations were fairly decent, so we weren´t suspicious of the Hotel beforehand. We immediately contacted the Hotel Lobby, and they were totally dismissive of our situation. They insisted that there was only one key per every lock, which we all know is an absolute lie, they all have master keys. And they didn´t even give us the name of the Hotel Staff who had access to our rooms every day while we left, blaming this whole event on us. As we had already checked out, they practically forced us out of the Hotel, giving us no answers and absolutely no help.

Afterwards, I wrote an email to the Hotel Manager, whom I suspect also owns the Hotel, since her last name was Cambiaso, telling her about the incident and requesting information regarding this event. She didn´t even bother to reply.

This, and other reasons such as poor cleanliness, service, rooms and value is why I am today telling people who are plannning a trip to Chile NEVER TO CONSIDER APART HOTEL CAMBIASO, and to be very careful while in Chile, people seem nice, but it is actually filled with pickpockets(cab drivers are absolute thieves!) and shady con men who are constantly looking for ways to take advantage of tourists!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cheis
Brazil
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I stayed ther twice. The first time I went to this hotel I was single, than I returned 4 years later with my wife. What a nice hotel! The apratments have good size, the beds are confortables, and the hotel is close to the metro station. My best regards for the staff Sergio. He is very helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My husband mother and I booked the "penthouse" apartment with wraparound balcony mentioned in last review. The location is excellent and the views from the terrace were beautiful. The apartment itself has two bedrooms. One is rather small with a single bed, nightstand, chair; and a sliding door that opens onto the terrace. The other has a large queen sized bed, two nightstands, a tv stand and television. The television had an array of Spanish language channels and BBC news in English.This bedroom also has doors opening onto the terrace. A small sitting/dinning area seperates the two bedrooms. There is also a fully equiped kitchen with a two burner stovetop, small fridge,electric kettle, and toaster. The kitchen also has a sliding door onto the terrace. There is one generous closet with a safe; and a bathroom just past the door for the room with the large queen bed. The bathroom had a generous sink and closed vanity combo, bathtub/shower, and modern toilet (it handled toilet paper just fine).Housekeeping left a hairdryer and packets of amenities and soap as well as clean towels daily. Everything except the floors appeared to be very clean. The linnens in particular were sparkling-if that's possible. The apartment came with a medium sized portable swamp cooler to provide some airconditioning. However every night at around 630-7pm a breeze started to cool things down and usually kept up for about an hour. Then the air further cooled with nightfall. Temperatures were very pleasant and we slept with the terrace doors open. There was some city noise but it was not bothersome. Some of the office personel spoke a degree of English. Regardless all attempted to be very helpful, and were prompt in helping us with any concerns. The office also had two computers free and accessible to guests. The fitness center and pool next door were available for an extra charge. Chile is not big on day spas-we did not find any close by. There were plenty of restaurants, malls, convenience stores, major grocery chains(Isabel and Lider),and two metro stations within a short walk. The neighborhood is busy during the week. Less so on the weekends, but still lively due to numerous residences. Be aware that in Chile most cities spring to life around 9pm.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family