“review of hotel atton el bosque”

Atton Hotel El Bosque
Ranked #34 of 198 Hotels in Santiago
Canberra, Australia
“review of hotel atton el bosque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I regularly stay at hyatt, las condes when in Santiago. the atton was a refreshing change. despite my upgrade to a junior suite, the staff were magnificent,they provided a happy and courteous service, including the conceiarge excellent knowledge of Santiago. the hotel facilities
deserved a 5* rating. I will be returning to the atton when next in Santiago march 2014. 2 aussie friends have booked the atton for their wedding anniv on 15/16 Dec 2013 on my recommendation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Sir: Thank you very much for your positive rating. We really apreciate you shared your thougts and impressions.We very much look forward to your return visit to our hotel , when we assure you of our best possible service and attention as our commitment is that you want to come back to Atton el Bosque. See you soon and do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

After having been a regular customer (for many years) of the Radisson on Vitacura, my recent, extended stay at the Atton was such that I've found a new "home" when in Chile. The rooms are very nice, the property spotless, the breakfast abundant and delicious, the service good, and the location ideal (and not far from the Radisson and the new and garishly modern Costanera Center mega-mall). And I found it less expensive, on average, than the Radisson and other hotels in the Atton's class. I endorse this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Traveller: Thank you very much for your positive rating about our hotel, we will work hard so that you will prefer Atton el Bosque as your new chilean home without regrets. Please let me know personally if you need anything during your stay, our commitment is that you want to come back to Atton el Bosque!
Laguna Niguel, Ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Hotel Atton is located in a nice neighborhood with some very good restaurants nearby and within a few blocks of a very efficient subway system. On the surface, this hotel would be a great choice for its location and its rooms. Unfortunately it falls down when it comes to service.

We had booked the hotel well in advance of our trip. Several days before arriving, I decided to check the current rates,which were much less than I had booked. The hotel consists of two types of rooms, a standard room and a mini-suite. The mini-suite is larger, has a sitting area and an electric kettle. The mini-suites (of which there are few) are definitely worth the extra money. The other variation of price is how high you are in the building which has some pretty spectacular views of the city. Our rate was more than the most expensive room available so I asked if we could be upgraded from a standard room to a mini-suite. I told them I was happy to pay the rate I had at the time of booking. After some discussion, the main person on the desk agreed (grudgingly) but said we would have to come back in 30 minutes since the room was not yet available. That was fine for us since we were early for check in anyway, we didn’t mind waiting and went out to lunch. It’s a shame he couldn’t have said, “Of course we are happy to upgrade you but a mini-suite is not available for at least 30 minutes.” Instead he said with a frown, “We will make an exception only this time but the room is not ready yet.” It was the attitude.

We went to lunch and came back in about 1 ½ hours. The room was not yet ready so we wandered around the lobby for about 15 minutes. The porter brought our luggage up and when we got to the room we noticed there was only one coffee cup. We asked him if he could get us a second cup. He said yes, disappeared and never appeared again. Fortunately we saw one of the housekeepers in the hall and she got us the extra cup.

We asked at the front desk where we could find towels for the pool. The woman asked what room we were in and said she would send towels right up. They never arrived. When we got to the pool it was very crowded and one woman had a large blow up float in the pool (this is a VERY small pool). Someone was trying to swim laps around her. The pool was freezing—everyone commented on it. Some people were drying themselves with small towels from the work-out room next door. We actually found towels in the bathroom near the shower.

Next was the plug for the sink in the bathroom. My husband managed to get it closed, but could not open it. Someone came to “fix” it and basically removed it and put it beside the sink.

Bottom line, the people at the front desk were not very friendly nor were they very helpful. Unfortunately that really influenced our attitude about the hotel. I know others had commented about how helpful and friendly the staff were so I am sure it has something to do with who is on duty at the time.

O.K. That’s the bad, now the good. The hotel is very modern. The location is great, it has a bar and restaurant, a work-out room and great views of the city. The mini-suites are very large and comfortable. There is an I-Pod player which we have not found in other hotels here. There is a mini-bar with one shelf where you can put your things. A buffet breakfast is included. For those who like buffet style bacon and eggs they can have it. There is a good selection of fresh fruit, bread, cheese, salami. The breakfast room is large so it is easy to move around and sit wherever you like. The workout room is small but has good quality aerobic equipment as well as a few other machines.

The hotel gave us a voucher for two Pisco Sours and the barman was very nice.

The hotel would get a much better rating if it improved the service at the front desk and did a few housekeeping items (like heating the swimming pool, making sure the rooms were in working order and fully “equipped.”

Room Tip: Splurge for a mini-suite on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest: I feel very sorry about all the inconveniences you had in our Hotel. This is definitivetly not the service experience we want you to have in Atton Hoteles. We will talk to our front desk staff, as they should take care of you in every moment of your stay and resolve any issue in a friendly way. Please acept my apologies.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is located in the "happening" neighborhood. It is walking distance from almost everything, the metro, restaurants, coffee shops, bars, wine stores, parks, and shopping in general. The area is very safe and beautiful.

The hotel itself is nice and modern. The rooms are clean and modern as well but a bit bare. There is a business center, but it is always full. It seem to be a popular hotel for business travelers. They gym is really nice and the equipment is in good condition.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor comment following your recent stay at Atton el Bosque.
We appreciate that you shared your thoughts and impressions about the service of the hotel as your feedback is of great value in helping us to further improve our standards and services.
We very much look forward to your return visit to our hotel , when we assure you our best possible service and attention as our commitment is that you want to come back to Atton Hotels. Have a nice day and greetings from Santiago, Chile.
Tampa, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Patricio at the front desk worked so hard to help us when our guides were not coming at the right time and wanted only to take us to the airport. She was extremely competent and saved our trip and we got to see the city. Location of hotel was wonderful.. Good restaurants in walking distance and very safe to walk. Buffet was very good and Luis made sure we had eggs cooked to order. Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Guest: Many thanks for your positive rating of our Hotel Atton el Bosque, we are looking forward to your next visit to Santiago and we hope we will welcome you back. Greetings from Chile!
Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I couldn't enjoy this hotel as time was short. I checked the pool and the gym and they seem good enough for me. I arrived at 3am and they were waiting for me.

Within walking distance from Costanera Center. Upscale shopping center.

Generous breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
It was a great pleasure receive your visit at Atton el Bosque, we are proud to know that our services, facilities and our staff achieved your expectations and could experience a good stay at our hotel. We are grateful for your kinds words about our hotel and people and would be glad to receive you back anytime. do no hesitate to contact us if we can be helpful for you.
Best regards from Chile!
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Now I spend my 3rd time in this hotel and I have to say I am very happy with my choice!
Why?
- Very professional and helpful employees
- Clean and big rooms
- Quite even it is full booked
- Very good breakfast buffet
- Well located
- Good restaurant around
- Big shopping mall around

Only onel ittle thing I have to criticize. Pool is not heated and thus pretty cold.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DianaBorchard, Gerente at Atton Hotel El Bosque, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear Guest:many thanks for your positive rating about our hotel Atton el Bosque. We will analize your suggestions about our pool, and we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay with us.Our commitment is that you want to come back to Atton Hoteles. Greetings from Chile!