“Check your Credit Card charges when you arrive home.”

Holiday Inn Santiago Airport
Ranked #35 of 202 Hotels in Santiago
Reviewed 26 May 2009

When I arrived home I was surprised to see a room charge on my credit card as I had paid with a voucher. When I was checking out, I asked for my credit card print out which is normally taken when you check in for any extra charges you incur. I was told I had to sign it first and it took 20 minutes before it was handed over (unsigned). My signature was obviously not needed as the hotel still charged me.
I read another review where someone had been wrongly charged so am wondering how many guests this has happened to as I know many people do not check their statements.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed 3 May 2009

Clean, food decent, and close to airport entrance. Front desk staff could have better attitude - minor issue.

Reviewed 3 May 2009

My husband and I stayed 1 night - catching an early morning flight,
We stayed at this hotel about the same time in 2008.

We liked it then - and still do. It is expensive, but it is literally a few steps from the airport. You may get a cheaper hotel nearby - but when you include the taxi fares - this is the better deal. Free internet also - either wifi in your room - or use theirs in the bar. And it is very well sound proofed.

The one problem we had was with the air con. The room was very cold. With the aircon off - it still pumped cold air. Putting the aircon on to Heat and 30 celcius helped a little - but then it was noisy!

We thought dinner was acceptable - but perhaps not as good as our last visit - but by far superior to the food offered in the airport

We will lways stay here when needing an airport hotel in Santiago

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChevronInParadise
Reviewed 19 April 2009

right across the airport - no shuttle needed. Price a bit high, but rooms are nice, clean and spacious. breakfast is ok

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roberto_MJ
Reviewed 26 March 2009

The hotel looked very nice and convenient, we stayed one night before flying back to Europe. The very bad experience is based on the fact that my credit card was charged with an additional €300 for a date that we were already in Europe for two weeks. I contacted the hotel to correct it but received no answer although my E-mail was opened. I contacted Holiday customer relations and they confirmed that I had only stayed one day, but they neither got an answer from Santiago.
There is something very wrong in this hotel and you cannot be sure of a correct charge or any answer on reclamations.

2  Thank CRE20
Reviewed 11 March 2009

Due to being on stand-by travel ( I am a former airline employee), we found ourselves stuck at Santiago airport unable to get on a flight. The Holiday Inn is literally right across the road from the terminal building so each time we were off-loaded from a flight (4 times in all!) we were able to just go straight back to the hotel. Two of the flights were at 4am but we were able to keep our room (check-out is 10am) so that when we were off-loaded, we could just go straight back to bed (this happened twice!!). All the front desk staff ladies were extremely friendly and all spoke perfect English. Since we had time to kill, we wanted to do some sightseeing and were given very good advice about transportation into town and what to do. We were advised to go to the VIP taxi desk in the terminal (there are many people who thrust taxi signs in your face outside) and we took a shared ride van to San Cristobal hill in the city. There is a taxi rank right at the entrance to the funicular railway so we easily got a taxi back afterwards and the cost was the same as the shared ride van. It is a brand new hotel with very comfortable, modern, well equipped rooms and there is also free internet access in the lobby. There is a pool and a nice bar and restaurant. We couldn't have wished to be stranded at a nicer place!

1  Thank Bakerlind
Reviewed 11 February 2009

Location, location, location! This hotel is a short walk across the street from the Santiago Airport, so extremely convenient for overnight stays. No hassle with cabs, just five minutes from the airport departure lounge when it comes time to leave the next day. Breakfast was good and quick with fruit, cereal, cheese, ham, sausage and scrambled eggs on the buffet.

So it as easy to overlook the few shortcomings such as the slow check-in process (about 10 minutes per customer with a long line of tired people waiting), a noisy toilet in the room and loud TV next door until the wee hours of the morning.

Be sure to make your reservation early because the hotel’s convenience keeps it full most of the time!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple