“Unusual menu, good service”

Como Agua Para Chocolate
Ranked #32 of 4,529 Restaurants in Santiago
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Providencia
Santiago, Chile
“Unusual menu, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Having walked through the Bellavista Patio and not seeing a restaurant we fancied, we chose como agua para chocolate as the food on the plates we could see though the window looked appetizing. A waitress came immediately and took our drinks order, and shortly afterwards our food order. Whilst we waited for our plates we enjoyed reading on the place setting all about the aphrodesiac affects of various vegetables and seeing the attractively plated food going to the other tables!
We also had some discussions about the nationality of the restaurant, and wondered if there was a Mexican influence as many of the dishes were served with tortilla crisps.
My salad a la Pescadroa (fisherman) was delicious, with lumps of warm smoked salmon, cold scallops, squid and prwns 7900clp. My husband enjoyed his fresh oysters 7600clp 8900clp (without after effects) and our guest had the mixed clams in cheese sauce with chile prawns, which we all dug into.
The bill came immediately when requested and overall the food was delicious, the service willing and cheerful, in an interesting enviroment at a reasonable price.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Louise C

• Greek first
Jackson, New Jersey
“Great for date night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice and had two different experiences here. The atmosphere is perfect for a date night: There was a fountain decorated with roses, live music, and really great service. The food was delicious though fairly expensive.

However, I returned with a group for a friend's birthday and it was less than ideal. Definitely better for couples than it is for a large group event.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mm305
Munich, Germany
“Nice, charming place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Food was good, wines too. The place has a very nice atmosphere and combined with decent, good quality food, a must if in Santiago.

Visited September 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Hated everything about it.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Food was terrible, and neither me or my husband could eat any of it. On top of that, when after asking for the check to return home hungry and leaving everything on the table, I didn't want to tip the waitress (I ate absolutely nothing!) and the lady started screaming at me and saying that she was going to be fired because of me, that I was cheap etc etc. She called all the other waitresses to offend me. Overall, i hated everything.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Gabi F
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Lovely place to spend an evening. Great food, very friendly, super service, very large portions...so beware! We had too much food! It is in the Bellavista area, which is a wonderful place to spend some time. Wonderful wine!

• Visited September 2013