“Very good steaks and pisco.”
Review of Eladio

Eladio
Ranked #171 of 4,644 Restaurants in Santiago
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue, Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Santiago, Chile
“Very good steaks and pisco.”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We had: a garlic prawn starter, which was pricey for the size but very tasty; rib eye steak with black pepper sauce, good sauce and large amount of meat but a little fatty; tenderloin, beautiful flavour; sauted veg, carrot, courgette and mushrooms, bland and soft; mushrooms in olive oil, great. Pisco sours at 1400 - very strong and great! About 23,000 pesos for food. Good friendly service once a waiter came to us. Plenty of bread. Food brought out reasonably quickly, but don´t go if you are in a rush! The restaurant was a quarter full when we arrived at 7.30 on a Friday night and was pretty much full at 9pm.
Its popular for a reason!

• Visited May 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Good place to eat.”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Excellent place to eat good cuts of red meat and other traditional Chilean foods. Very good list of Chilean wines. Staff very friendly, and some can speak english.

Visited April 2013
London
“Good food but interior could be nicer”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I went for a date and found the restaurant a bit too crowded for that. The room was big, the light was very bright and tables quite close together. Well, it was crowded because it's very popular. We went at 22.30 at night and still had to wait a little. So it's better to reserve. There are also A/C vents all along the wall that were on although it was 10 degrees outside, and they really blow onto you. As we sat in the middle of the room I had the full blast and was cold the whole time. The interior design wasn't cosy, which would be fitting for this kind of restaurant. There is another smaller area that looks a bit nicer.
But anyway, the food was great. My partner had a big steak and it was huge, at least 4-5 cm thick. I had seasoned mashed potatoes and shrimps in oil, also very nice. Prices range from 2000 Ps up. My 2 appetizers were about 3000 Ps each. The steak I think was around 7000 Pesos. Drinks start from about 1500 Ps and they have wine, beer, Pisco Sour etc. My Pisco Sour was very strong.
For the food and going out with friends and family I would recommend the restaurant. If you want a quiet cosy evening, not.

• Visited April 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“eturn to Eladio”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

en I lived in Chile, years ago, I would go frequently to Eladio. Now, on a recent trip, I did again. Still the same great place. Nice ambiente, always rather crowded, good wines, good food and decent prices. I had entrecot Gaucho which was well prepared and tasty.

• Visited January 2013
Santiago, Chile
“A must for the carnivore”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I always go to this restaurant when I'm in the mood for meat. It has 3 restaurants in Providencia, La Reina and Bellavista. I prefer the one in Av. Ossa and usually take there guests from other countries. Great meat, good selection of wines. DON'T TRY the pisco sour here, is terrible...

Visited November 2012