My boyfriend and I are digital nomads so we travel very slowly. We ended up staying for 3 weeks in Angel Hostel in Valpo, because we fell in love with both the city and this hostel. Then, after staying in Santiago for a while, we came back again for a second time! It is one of my favourite hostels in the world, and I've stayed in a lot of hostels so that is saying something! Here are some of the reasons why I loved it:
- The staff are wonderful, helpful, funny and social. Rodrigo is fantastic, but really all the staff members are lovely.
- There is strange and funky artwork all over the walls.
- They make you hot cheese toasties at breakfast! They make them for you whenever you request them, so they are fresh and warm.
- The beds, blankets and sheets are big, plush and warm, like sleeping on a cloud.
- The kitchen is small, but very well equipped. They have a kettle, blender, microwave, etc. One of my pet peeves is useless hostel kitchens with no appliances, so this was a relief!
- The hostel is small and there is only one sitting area. This might be seen as a disadvantage, but I see it as a perk. It forces you to chat to everyone and make friends! This hostel is one of the friendliest and most social places I have ever stayed and I have many fond memories of drinking and chatting with great people from all over the world.
The only disadvantage is that there is only one shower which means you sometimes have to wait your turn.
Valparaiso is an awesome city and if you go there, I would absolutely recommend staying at Angel. :) It feels like home for me now and I actually miss it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Angel Hostal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.