“OK”

Cuisines: South American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Ate the "pastel del choclo" which was a pie consisting of chicken, olives, egg, onion and some corn "bread" filling/crust. Tasted ok but was not anything special. My friend ate the typical chilean dish "chorilana" which looked amazing so thats what I recommend!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is one of the best local restaurants in Valpo... Don't look for an awesome menu, the simplicity of this make the place an excellent option for any meal. Accesible price and the owners are really friendly. The amounts of the dishes are enough to enjoy a complete experience local food, fresh, and delicious. You must go!

1  Thank Erick_Tuku_Gonzalez
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Today I visited Valparaiso and had lunch at El Pimenton. I didn't know anything about this place, I simply found it on the street. From outside it's very discrete and I was lucky to have spotted it. When entering there the first that I liked were the colors, the walls being printed with all kind of pictures and paintings and tables and chairs were also pretty nice painted.
It was for the first time in 3 weeks when I've heard some local chilian speaking English with accent: the girl who served me.
The portions are very big (I had a creme soup and some Chilian specific food - beef & chicken meat, egg and verdure, covered with a corn layer, all this baked).
So the atmospere was pretty nice and the decorations very cute. If you expect to find a 4-5 stars service there, well, you won't! It is simply a place where you can eat, have a drink, relax and try some specific stuff. I totally recommend it!
PS: Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but they were taken with a phone camera :)

2  Thank Ionut G
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I went for lunch and ordered the menu del dia. It came with a glass of delicious iced tea, a bowl of vegetable soup, the lentil stew and flan all for 3900 pesos. Everything tasted healthy and homemade. Very tasty and I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I eas a bit leary of eating here after reading a couple reviews. They were recommended by the "tips for tours" people so i did give it a try. I had a "small" ensalada mixta that was really fresh and good. I also ordered a mushroom empanada xl which was delicious. I also had a beer. I liked the atmosphere as it wS a combination of tourists and locals. My waitress was pleasant and helpful and i thought prices were reasonable. My only negative is they added a 10% tip to the bill. That does not go over well with me. I prefer to leave and determine my own tipping amount. I didnt say anything and just paid it, but i resent that.